Author Topic: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2  (Read 93142 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2
« on: 03-10-2009, 16:10:34 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about our Singleplayer you can Post it here!"

Offline Forlorn_Hope

• The 3rd Canadian Expeditionary Force
    • View Profile
Re: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2
« Reply #1 on: 04-10-2009, 02:10:24 »
I think the AI is pretty good right now. The only problem is that they seem to throw way too many grenades.. But then again that could be due to their number.
3rdCEF Steele_Xia

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-10-2009, 13:10:44 »
They throw nades if they know you are there, but are out of direct line of fire eg. if you hide in a building after contact, or in a hole or ditch... Alternatively they use rifle-grenades ... they also use these at long range since there is a greater chance of obstraction at that distance. Depending on how I play, they may use ALOT of nades, or none at all

What I do wish, after which I will have very few complains, is for bots to use arty like in FH1... That's what made Fh1 so much fun, using howitzers and field guns, and maybe, even mortar

But yes, I completely agree, bots have undergone a serious face lift since 2.15, and I beleive we have an entire team to thank for that improvement, notably ofcourse, winterHilf and Bizness for anything done prior to retiring

Bots are actually fun in 2.2. Just a tinnie-winnie this and that here and there is all :-) - Will probably get back to that sometime in this thread...

EDIT:
A major request for SPers... Now I know WinterHilf is hard @ work pathmapping and finetuning... Is it too big a request to have updates with Downloadable completed map files as and when they are done?

What I mean is, rather than waiting for the big release of FH2.2X, can we have downloads for maps which are from 2.2 and have by time of uplaoding, recieved functional bots support - This is especially true for:
1/ Operation Goodwood
2/ FHSP maps that recieve completed bot-support
3/ Fixed versionsof maps like Supercharge with AI improvements and CTD solutions
4/ Any Normandy 2.2 map by then coded with bot-support :-D??

plll-lease...
« Last Edit: 05-10-2009, 15:10:03 by djinn »

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-10-2009, 15:10:04 »
Is it too big a request to have updates with Downloadable completed map files as and when they are done?
We should be so lucky... ;)

Maybe winterhilf could tell us what map he's currently working on?

That way we can focus our efforts on finding all the bugs/problems in said map, rather than us swamping the poor guy with requests to fix our 'favourite' maps.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-10-2009, 17:10:19 »
Communicate with him and tell him this.

It is totally OK from us that he creates his own little "singleplayer betatest team" here if he wants  :) (on maps allready released ofcourse).

Would be great if you could help out, as our betatesters are focusing on the multiplayer and well, everything else in the mod like weapons, physics, bugs, vehicles etc  8)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-10-2009, 18:10:37 »
Ni-ice.... Just let me get my rig back up and running. And I will be playing... AHEM - Beta-testing Goodwood to my heart's delight :-D

Offline winterhilf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07-10-2009, 19:10:06 »
A couple of things you could help with here guys, a new mesh for Pointe du Hoc & an ai tweak to the universal carrier.
http://rapidshare.com/files/289927851/fh2.zip

*back up though for online play*

« Last Edit: 07-10-2009, 19:10:21 by winterhilf »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07-10-2009, 22:10:45 »
Oh joy... Sure, certainly, whatever you say *Crazed look on face with tongue hangng out of corner of mouth*

.. No but seriously, certainly! I used to play test Fh1 maps for the non-starter SP mod for FH1... And won't toot my own trumpy here, but those were solidly done...*sniffs, puffs chest* on account of some premium feedback from moi ofcourse  :-D

Just send em up, boss - We know what to do with em

MAJOR EDIT (EPIC FAIL)
Wow, what the hell did I just do... PDH crashes in mid-load and I tried Invasion of Crete for the Universal Carriers, and that crashed too!

I put the PDH files into server.zip because that was the only folder/ zip that had files anything similar. Once I saw AIpathfinding and gamesmode I dragged from the FH2.zip straight into the root folder containig the files of the same name... WINRAR replaces... I think so that shouldn't have caused duplicates or anything

Now it CTDs on me.. What did I do wrong?
« Last Edit: 07-10-2009, 22:10:21 by djinn »

Offline winterhilf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-10-2009, 10:10:54 »
There's 2 things, the PdH files go in the map's server.zip.
The objects.ai is placed in the objects_vehicles_server.zip/vehicles/land/gb/universalcarrier & universalcarrier_france/ai folder.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08-10-2009, 19:10:46 »
It works great in my rig. The German bots become more aggressive now, pouring down the first two posts in numbers. Previously, they pretty much stuck in the destroyed bunker and getting killed one by one. Dunno about the bots that immediately died after spawning inside farm houses. Haven't checked.

Anyways... kudos for winterhilf! For he this SP fun is possible!

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09-10-2009, 10:10:46 »
...universalcarrier_france/ai folder.

There isn't one. I'll put it in anyway.

Doesn't it use the 'Objects.ai' file from the standard Uni. carrier?

e.g. There's 3 variants of the Willys jeep, but only one 'Objects.ai' file between them.

Offline winterhilf

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09-10-2009, 10:10:01 »
Blast, of course you're on a different build.
Need the tweak.con as well for the france variation.
http://rapidshare.com/files/290613672/Universalcarrier_france.zip

Vehicles & aitemplates is an ongoing evolving thing & ideally each vehicle should have its own.
In cases of similar set ups though you can get away with the same one.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09-10-2009, 16:10:30 »
I inputed the PDH files... My PC is almost a Pentium III so it runs Fh2 painfully. However, I did note the counter-attacking Germans on the cliffs, and when I spawned at the last 2 German bases, I had no screams of trapped men dying in upper floors - But I never waited long enough to even see them spawn in the houses to see them get  downstairs and out either

Haven't tried the Universal carrier, but yes, its was the Normandy version that CTDed my game the first time, I put a file where it had no exact replica...

BTW, a couple of things - Can you put the guns back in so that I can smite them like in MP?

And can bots use the other MGs besides the first one, as well as the Vierling? Would really, really make a nice difference in gameplay

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10-10-2009, 14:10:04 »
My first impression of PDH is WOW!!! Spent virtually the entire round in a huge firefight in the area between the Flak Emplacement and the Destroyed Bunker.

I started on the US side and we proceeded to capture the first two flags with little fuss, but things got rapidly worse. I quickly lost track of how many lives that blasted MG42 at the Bunker took. Between that and the almost non-stop wave of Nazis coming from behind it, it was quite the task to take it. But the victory at the Bunker was short-lived, they quickly pushed us back and the MG42 slaughter resumed.

Switching to the other side, I soon discovered why I couldn't push past the Bunker...the German bots were actually spawning mostly at the Bunker!!!! Probably 2/3 of them!!! The other third were spawning at the Farm and I didn't see one single bot spawn at the rearmost flag!?! WTF! :o

This simply amazes me! I've long accepted that on a lot of maps you simply cannot win, due to the the inability of bots to spawn close to the action (e.g. spawning at an uncap and walking across half the map, rather than spawning at a closer flag). And this includes ALL the mods I've got: POE2, PR, and AIX.

I'm starting to build a wall of text here, so two more things and I'll shutup ;)

1. If you can get the bots on the US side to spawn at the Flak Emplacement more often, it'd balance things out a bit better. They tend to spawn at the uncap.

2. This is a stupid question...but what map is the Uni. Carrier France on? The only Normandy maps I've got are PDH, Goodwood, and Luttich. No UC that I could see.

And speaking of which, the UC in the Africa maps is working properly now.....

I should also mention I was playing PDH with 31 bots (15/16) on max difficulty.
« Last Edit: 10-10-2009, 14:10:39 by cannonfodder »

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10-10-2009, 14:10:48 »
Cannonfodder have you ever played PHL in coop mode with 64 bots on max difficult? I tried it and it is totally impossible to win, getting the last two flags is murder.. would like your feedback on it. 64Mode that is.

32 mode is pretty cool also, try it!

I hope Winterhilf make singleplayer mode also for it. at the moment only coop works.