Author Topic: Turning off the obscuring fog/increase distance view? (Singleplayer)  (Read 487 times)

Offline DutchGuyMike

• View Profile
Howdy great peeps,

Many times when I am battling the AI I get shot by them quite a bit out of viewing distance by vehicles/tanks, even planes (especially on maps such as Bastogne), which has marked many battles in which I was completely confused and frustrated as to where the shots were coming from (as it happens way too often).

The weird thing is that if you look in the distance and make the camera's left or right edge point towards it, the fog somehow alleviates and makes the targets visible (which it doesn't if you look at that point where the camera is in general pointing) but it is really clunky and borderline not fun to play it that way.

Is there some way to disable the fog all together? Or whatever is preventing further distance viewing?

I can definitely see why it is applied in actual multiplayer, but I don't play it nor never intend to, plus if anyone knows a fix it should make flying a plane much more fun as you can actually then SEE targets in the distance which allows you to make an well-coordinated bomb/dive.

Have a good day!
« Last Edit: 11-05-2021, 19:05:16 by DutchGuyMike »

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• artstation.com/ivanwazowsky
    • View Profile
Hi, it depends on the map you deal with. for example: bastogne.

Find Init.con and sky.con in the server.zip file

Thn find that line below in Init.con. Set the values respectively.

"GameLogic.MaximumLevelViewDistance 1000"

you should edit the Sky.con to match the view distance

"Renderer.fogStartEndAndBase 30.00/1000.00/1.40/0.40"

save the init.con and sky.con then copy them into server.zip. it should be ok.
« Last Edit: 08-05-2021, 00:05:48 by Ivanwazowsky »