Author Topic: Forgotten Hope 2 on Steam?  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Theiss

• View Profile
Forgotten Hope 2 on Steam?
« on: 27-05-2019, 14:05:00 »
Hello everyone,

i thing we need more players. I love this game and I do not want to bury it at some point.
do not know me there, but could not you offer the game on different platforms? for example on Steam

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope 2 on Steam?
« Reply #1 on: 28-05-2019, 16:05:08 »
It's not our game to offer. Fh2 is just a mod.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 25-06-2019, 10:06:59 »
Hello everyone,

i thing we need more players. I love this game and I do not want to bury it at some point.
do not know me there, but could not you offer the game on different platforms? for example on Steam

If Battlefield 2 were on Steam (basically, everything else is) then it would have Steam Workshop and there would be Steam BF2 mods a plenty. But EA/DICE seem to want to do as little as possible to advertise their Battlefield games.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-06-2019, 17:06:13 »
I think EA/DICE has done enough to be on top, they don't need to advertise a game everyone knows, they definitely don't want to share their money with others like Steam. They seem to want to do as much as possible to maximize their profit. Why would they care about more than a decade old game they can't sell anymore? ;)

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 26-06-2019, 12:06:56 »
Yes why even bother getting all those bf2 mods on Steam ? The danger is it might attract more people to online MP gaming by giving them free stuff as EA tried to do with their "free to play" bf2 (which failed)  ::).

Actually I think this is exactly what will happen because their free to play model did utterly fail. This is why they took bf2 off steam in the first place (this was while Relic were re-releasing COH1 with Steam Workshop support) because they saw it as competing with their failed free to play model.

Offline pureperversions

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02-07-2019, 10:07:38 »
EA removed there content from steam to get people to use there origin platform instead