Author Topic: 3 ways of making your singleplayer experience fun.  (Read 2092 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
1. Work bot skill up from 70% and hold it at 90%
Bot skill is really their response time and accuracy. At 90% accuracy, bots accuracy is as merciless as most human players, be they in tanks, a FW190 or armed with a M1A1 Carbine.

When playing with bots of deadly accuracy, you'll be a lot more immersed and develop a healthy fear of people firing at you, and thus develop a more soldierly view of cover,  concealment and most importantly tactics.

2. Try an approach you haven't before.
It's easy, after playing Singleplayer so often to get used to a routine that works. Issue is, playing that map over and over gets reducing marginal utility because bots, random as they sometimes are, offer only so much variation when you, the player keep doing the same thing. So mix it up a bit. Try taking Meteriya ridge and make a right hook instead of taking on Kidney ridge directly. The battle will flow very differently.

3. Try historical ratios.
Most players of singleplayer know that playing as defense is a turkey shoot -- But that's because you're playing at 50:50 ratio. Try playing 24 vs. 40 bots in St. Vith or Ramelle Neuville. In SPR, there were more like 15 Rangers/Paratroopers vs. 50+ Germans.

Gameplay is most affected by ratios, strategy and skillset. So try changing these variables and give your singleplayer experience a fresh feel.

Offline SuperHippo

• View Profile
Re: 3 ways of making your singleplayer experience fun.
« Reply #1 on: 10-10-2015, 21:10:20 »
Hello, I've been looking at many posts regarding having different bot ratios. Call me a computer noob, but I still cannot get the Axis side to be more than the US side in Ramelle Neuville or other maps similar to that one. I want to try the 24 v 40 bots thing you suggested. Can you help me in layman's terms?  :)
(I can only get the US to have more, not Axis)

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-10-2015, 18:10:47 »
Hello, I've been looking at many posts regarding having different bot ratios. Call me a computer noob, but I still cannot get the Axis side to be more than the US side in Ramelle Neuville or other maps similar to that one. I want to try the 24 v 40 bots thing you suggested. Can you help me in layman's terms?  :)
(I can only get the US to have more, not Axis)

Playing in local co-op gives you many more options to choose from, including changing the bot ratio.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-10-2015, 16:10:18 »
To change settings, there is a simple principle to note.

At 64 bots set in the start up window,
your calibration puts 50:50 bot ratio at 64 mark.

Moving this left or right increases one side over the other, never was able to recall which was which though.

At 48 bots, the ratio for 50:50 is exists when the calibration is at 50 mark. Same principle applies. Left or right.

Offline SuperHippo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-10-2015, 13:10:25 »

Hm, well in the Co-op settings, the bot ratio is set at 100. Therefore, if I have # of bots at 32, it will have 32 bots on both sides (including the player). I've noticed that if I put the # of bots at 48, and leave the bot ratio at 100, then the Axis side (usually) will have 48, and the remainder goes to the other side. that has been the only way I have gotten more Germans than Americans on maps such as Neuville. If I decrease the ratio, it'll slowly start putting bots on the US side. So I am confused what this 50 ratio comes in.

I apologize for the confusion. Thanks for your help.

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15-10-2015, 10:10:28 »
Note: for people who wanna play coop online the coop server in fh2 does not work that well i tried it
but it randomly kicks and says: this pb server requires (AF 393 c32.306) in the kick message ::)