Author Topic: Countdown to Eastern Front  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
Countdown to Eastern Front
« on: 27-04-2015, 13:04:36 »
 How about it? i mean, we are close to a release right?

For example: Fh2 Eastern Front Release scheduled for a June release

Target Date: June 22 2015 (subject to change)

I feel like if there were an announcement regarding a general timeframe for the release of the Eastern Front, it would generate an excitement/anticipation & public interest which in turn would have a much longer lasting effect.

At this point in the game (pun intended) with Bf2 basically shelved in the publics eye & interest in FH2 stagnant, why not try something different.

8)
« Last Edit: 27-04-2015, 13:04:50 by Jimi Hendrix »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Countdown to Eastern Front
« Reply #1 on: 27-04-2015, 13:04:41 »
We don't have any timeframe. At all. We release stuff when it is done. Also, the next patch will be pegsus bridge + bug fixes, not Eastern Front. And for that one we don't have a timeframe either.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-04-2015, 22:04:42 »
Ts4ever nailed it. As much as we would want to set benchmarks, it is just not realistic. We are doing this in our free time and with the current amount of people working on the mod and with real life interfering more often than you can think of, most of those limits even for internal production cycles get missed.

That said, there is still some very interesting stuff in the works that I am looking forward to playing on a full server with 100 players. I also think that Pegasus will be a nice opportunity to bridge the time until the Eastern Front stuff is ready for release. You won't be dissapointed ;)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28-04-2015, 05:04:58 »
 All this time & 1 map.

oh well............

Better than nothing i suppose.

Thanks anyways
 8)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28-04-2015, 07:04:03 »
All this time & 1 map.

Sorry to burst your ignorance bubble Jimmychap but the team has been working on many things "all this time". Several maps, vehicles and numerous fixes, changes etc. It's not just "all this time and one map". 6 months ago it wasnt clear wether we'd be able to ship Pegasus as stand-alone or let it simmer until we'd be able to release it along with the eastern front stuff. EF content takes more time still, but fortunately the devs had enough time and workforce to finish Pegasus and it can be released soon (tm). :)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28-04-2015, 12:04:05 »
All this time & 1 map.

Sorry to burst your ignorance bubble Jimmychap but the team has been working on many things "all this time". Several maps, vehicles and numerous fixes, changes etc. It's not just "all this time and one map". 6 months ago it wasnt clear wether we'd be able to ship Pegasus as stand-alone or let it simmer until we'd be able to release it along with the eastern front stuff. EF content takes more time still, but fortunately the devs had enough time and workforce to finish Pegasus and it can be released soon (tm). :)

I feel so lonely and stupid.

Thanks Flipper!

:-*

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28-04-2015, 13:04:47 »
But just to give you an idea of how this works: Remember that stream in February, where we showed Pegasus? You might recall that it was pretty far along. Well, turns out otolikos got hit hard by real life right after and there was no work on it for almost one and a half months. After that I took it, but finishing someone else's map is actually harder than you might expect, since you don't know in detail what still has to be done etc or what the plan was in general. Also the map needed lots of gameplay changes to even work, which complicated an already very complex map. So here we are, three months after that stream, without a release yet. That being said, shouldn't be all that long now.  ;)

Offline PoliorcetE

• En lutte contre le crabe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28-04-2015, 14:04:17 »
WHAT ?

Dev have a real life ????? 

Ps : don't bashing me , just joke
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?" Pierre Desproges.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28-04-2015, 15:04:04 »
Yeah. Anyway I will lock this, but to end on a more positive note, the minimap of the now hopefully final Pegasus Bridge: