Author Topic: Better Medic- class?  (Read 3499 times)

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
Better Medic- class?
« on: 10-11-2012, 21:11:23 »
Medic class is pretty much useless, but are you planning to make a more useful one in the future?
-Knife
-Rifle (3 clips, bolt action)
-A health kit, that would work the same way as in PR
-bandaids (x7)

So basically a medic in a team would be more useful when he has a health kit, that could treat surrounding peoples wounds. And more firepower than a pistol.
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
Re: Better Medic- class?
« Reply #1 on: 11-11-2012, 01:11:35 »
Haven't we had like over 9000 different threads about this?

While I do agree, I wish medics were better equipped (only medically, in WWII medics didn't even have a pistol), this has been discussed to death with the same result. No changes it seems.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-11-2012, 05:11:48 »
Um, vast majority of medics carried pistols, and many german ones on the ostfront carried rifles (since the ostfront didn't exactly follow the laws of war).  By Geneva conventions though, ALL medics are allowed to carry self defense weapons which they may use to defend themselves and their patients.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-11-2012, 05:11:56 »
Medic class is fine as it is - what is needed is that when you've got the medic kit, the second a teammate is wounded and requires a bandaid, his arrow changes to a little and we're good to go.

FUCKNEEDAMEDIC!
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-11-2012, 07:11:27 »
Medic class is fine as it is - what is needed is that when you've got the medic kit, the second a teammate is wounded and requires a bandaid, his arrow changes to a little and we're good to go.

^this

....and a rifle. Ya' know gameplay vs. Realism? Gameplay wins in this issue.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #5 on: 11-11-2012, 07:11:00 »
Love to see a limited medic class somewhere between BF2 and PR.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-11-2012, 08:11:15 »
Totally agree with it. In all my time playing the mod, I have never seen a medic. They are useless with that stupid pistol. Give them a rifle, an smg, more bandages and a health kit that you gotta be close to health them and boom, better medic class. Maybe make it spawn in the future too?

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-11-2012, 15:11:53 »
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=17043.105

^There was a very interesting discussion about this topic in that thread.

Better equip does not make the medic useful, there is more needed than that imo. I'd personally like to see a well designed medic class and still stick to my suggestion on page 7 in the link, but as there are so many different opinions about medics, I doubt there will be any major changes about the that kit in the near future, I'd really like to see some though, because there are ways to implement a useful medic class which is fun without influencing the gameplay in a bad way.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11-11-2012, 16:11:38 »
Yep, rememer that discussion. It also suggest medical vehicles, but trucks please, not APC's. Also was it prohibited to shoot at medical officers and vehicles in WW2?

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11-11-2012, 17:11:27 »
What are the chances of a medic surviving long enough to heal a soldier who needs a medic that hasn't used his own bandage yet? Might be able to cure everyones fall damage but beyond that their bloody useless.

Offline Wakain

• Why no Italian bias?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11-11-2012, 18:11:22 »
you're right, the health-system doesn't allow for medics because nobody lives long enough to need them, a revive funtion would make it usefull, but ah... we've been there.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11-11-2012, 19:11:09 »
I've said it forever, and I'll say it again. Give the medic two more magazines worth of ammo and we'll call it good.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Gunnerz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11-11-2012, 21:11:06 »
1-Remove the bandages from all kits, only place bandages in the HQ and flag areas.

2-Make the wounded state last longer so you can wait for a medic or find yourself a bandage.

3-Give medics a vehicle; jeep with stretcher, ambulance etc.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11-11-2012, 22:11:04 »
how much must the community scream for medics before its implemented the Right way?

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11-11-2012, 22:11:11 »
If we gonna have a proper medic pickup kit here is what we need:

The kit should have:

1x knife
A service rifle for most armies, an m1 carbine for the americans and carcano carbine for italians
4x ammo for the weapon
10x field bandages
1x first aid kit (like in BF2, but it should look more ww2'ish)

Also the current kit is either too rare or spawns in remote aread where no soldier seems to be passing. It should be encountered more frequently than any other pickup kit, and should be in frequently used areas.

We also need ambulance trucks, which resupply bandages and health (resupplying bandages should be disabled in every other vehicle) and it should have 3 medic pickup kits right near it - or if a new kit request system is made, it could be requested from the ambulance truck-

Anyone aggree on this system?
« Last Edit: 11-11-2012, 22:11:01 by TurkishCommando007/2 »