Author Topic: Better Medic- class?  (Read 3519 times)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
Re: Better Medic- class?
« Reply #30 on: 14-11-2012, 21:11:54 »
Big debate whether video games should adhere to the Geneva/Hague Convention.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/six-hundred-million-gamers-could-be-war-criminals-red-cross-says/story-fn6bqpju-1226216867843

This is, by a wide margin, one of the most unbelievably stupid things I have ever read in my life. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 14-11-2012, 22:11:54 »
I know, right? Red Cross takes this very seriously.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14-11-2012, 22:11:54 »
I mean that symbol that was in vBF2 as well, which is a Red Cross basically. Dunno, but I'd wonder if devs are not allowed to use it.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14-11-2012, 22:11:05 »
Probably have to have some special permission. Its just best to be sure either way.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 22-03-2013, 09:03:53 »
Give medics the ability to pick people up, sling them over their shoulder and run to a sheltered place, while in that state players are healed.
Then carefully place the player on the ground.

Every enemy player that tries to shoot the medic will get a pop-up to make a pay pal donation to the red cross.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 22-03-2013, 13:03:12 »
^ I wish there was a game like that! (Well ArmA has it, except the pop-up bit, but I can't really stand ArmA...)
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 22-03-2013, 13:03:01 »
Give medics the ability to pick people up, sling them over their shoulder and run to a sheltered place, while in that state players are healed.
Then carefully place the player on the ground.

Every enemy player that tries to shoot the medic will get a pop-up to make a pay pal donation to the red cross.

Don't forget QTE's. The medic would have to hit random keys to effectivly heal the patient. Ah damn, Natty would love this  ;D

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 22-03-2013, 14:03:51 »
 It would be awesome to have a medic kit (at least in USA) with this configuration>
M3 Knife
Thompson M1A1
8 Bandages
 ;D

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 22-03-2013, 15:03:26 »
Thompson? That would be OP.

M1 Carbine would do. Something between a pistol and a rifle. Perfect.

Actually, all factions' medics could use carbines. The Carcano for the Italians for example...

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 22-03-2013, 15:03:54 »
M1 Carbine would do. Something between a pistol and a rifle. Perfect.

Actually, all factions' medics could use carbines. The Carcano for the Italians for example...

Hmm I don't see why not... While it would probably be mostly historically inaccurate, the medics are almost never seen on the battlefield now, which is also kind of historically inaccurate... And since we can't really make people play them by giving only "heal points" as those would be very hard to get... Compromise?

We can always give them only 1 mag for "self-defense" so they are still only support troops...
« Last Edit: 22-03-2013, 15:03:11 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 22-03-2013, 16:03:59 »
Im still waiting for a med-pack like in vBF2..... I think that wouldnt totally suck

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 22-03-2013, 16:03:42 »
And still people come up with the same stupid idea of healing without even thinking once. Please check the "Medics" thread and read it. Everything has been discussed there pretty nicely. The things that have already been discussed and considered useless are just coming up again here.

So tell me one situation where a medpac is more useful than bandages.
There is just one stance of being injured, which is bleeding. So you don't need a medpack for anything with the current health system which is totally okay, especially as everyone has a bandage for himself and teammates and SL's especially can donate more.

=> 0 use for a healing type medic in FH2. Read page 2 of this or the "Medics" thread for better medic suggestions, but it's only one of those 3 options:
-add some kind of revive
-dump medic kits
-rework health system (which is unnecessary) in order to have healing make sense.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 22-03-2013, 17:03:49 »
[...]add some kind of revive[...]
Could a good 'ol new animated slap on the face work on the "wounded" soldier ;D
« Last Edit: 22-03-2013, 18:03:25 by Roughbeak »

Offline DocHawkeye

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 25-03-2013, 23:03:45 »
How an optional spawn-in rifleman kit for medic with revive? Much like the NCO kit can chose two different weapons. One rifleman kit comes with medic-bag or morphine or whatever the "Left Click for LIFE" button is with no rifle grenade. The other rifleman kit has the rifle-grenade/more grenades etc.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 25-03-2013, 23:03:13 »
I guess that the idea of the supermedics freightens a number of fellow FH2-members.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."