Author Topic: Better Medic- class?  (Read 3507 times)

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
Re: Better Medic- class?
« Reply #16 on: 11-11-2012, 22:11:48 »

Offline Rabbit032

• By all means necessary.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11-11-2012, 22:11:13 »
If we gonna have a proper medic pickup kit here is what we need:

The kit should have:

1x knife
A service rifle for most armies, an m1 carbine for the americans and carcano carbine for italians
4x ammo for the weapon
10x field bandages
1x first aid kit (like in BF2, but it should look more ww2'ish)

Also the current kit is either too rare or spawns in remote aread where no soldier seems to be passing. It should be encountered more frequently than any other pickup kit, and should be in frequently used areas.

We also need ambulance trucks, which resupply bandages and health (resupplying bandages should be disabled in every other vehicle) and it should have 3 medic pickup kits right near it - or if a new kit request system is made, it could be requested from the ambulance truck-

Anyone aggree on this system?

Medic would be the new sniper. I could only see this kit on very few levels where it's heavy on one side attacking like Point_du_hoc. Other than that no, I think balance wise they would be better balanced if they could A) spring faster and B) have a smoke grenade or two.
Pipe Hitters Union

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11-11-2012, 23:11:03 »
BF1942 style medkit is all a medic should need. Can patch self, or alternatively others (the whole point of a medic). Rifle/carbine/pistol.

If we ever, ever, EVER have some kind of revival thing, then the kit would have to remain a hidden thing with only 1-2 per map at main base.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12-11-2012, 00:11:03 »
Yep, basically my opinion.

A few medics, map dependend between 2 and 4 for example. High cooldown for reviving tool and maybe limited "ammuntion" for it as well to prevent zombie armies from spawning. Cooldown and ammo count are easily adjustable things, so after testing there should be a value that makes the medic neither create a zombie army nor make him useless.

As I'd be afraid of people using the kit for shooting people, I'd rather leave the kit with the pistol.

Little things like bleeding stance after "revive" need the medic to give away one of the bandages as well for example and make the process less instant as the patched up soldier can't run and needs some time to be ready jsut like now when you are bleeding.

The combination of very few kits, high cooldown and low "ammo" for the medical tool make the medics influence on the whole game small enough and it's not a that unrealistic type of "reviving" as well, as the medic can't revive teammates all the time and therefore needs to choose wisely who he's going to revive. He can look for a Squad leader uniform for example and reviving him instead of some random soldier changes things a lot.

The role of the medic as supporting soldier behind the frontline would be fulfilled by making him have the pistol only so people with the kit will focus more on doing their job as medic instead of shooting enemies.

Although the general influence is not too high, a medic in a squad that moves carefully can enforce the performance of that squad by a lot and adds a nice aspect of teamplay. Imagine the careful movement to avoid being shot and searching for the squad leaders body for example.

Then mark the medics on the map with Red cross symbol and also show the symbol to hit teammates so they know they can possibly be revived and don't respawn when the medic is coming and the medic class is pretty neat.

So you have:

-Semi-realistic system of "reviving"
-A little more usefulness for bandages
-No Zombie armies, but a nice addition as the low rate of revives simulates that not everyone can be brought back to the battlefield
-Fun playing the medic especially with a squad with nice teamplay
(-Medics can organize themselves as well and support the push on one flank with patching up more hurt teammates for example.)
-Realistic supportive role

To me there are no negative points, although I can understand that people just do not want any kind of "revive" at all.
« Last Edit: 12-11-2012, 00:11:07 by Surfbird »

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12-11-2012, 06:11:05 »
Maybe there should be revive but after one revive if you get shot you cant be revived again?

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12-11-2012, 17:11:47 »
What Surfbird said is pretty much what I'd like to see as well. I think a lot of the people who are against any kind of reviving assume they would lose their kill points.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
« Reply #22 on: 13-11-2012, 11:11:35 »
You're discussing on a mod mainly focuses on:

- 1S1K with rifles only some exceptions/glitches about it)
- Bleeding time ends really fast. (How can a medic find you in time?)

So, no need to improve it. Unless you get down time back for infantry and allow medics to revive them, it has no point in game. Only if you're acting like a squad and giving everybody specific jobs, then the medic will become useful.
- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline Cheesus Krighst

• Zi's Iz mein Flammenwerfer! And it Werfs Flammen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14-11-2012, 09:11:42 »
Medic only works when there's a health bar visible to the player. Return the health bar and the medic will surely flourish in the battlefield.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14-11-2012, 11:11:43 »
Medic only works when there's a health bar visible to the player. Return the health bar and the medic will surely flourish in the battlefield.

+1 we need it! Also for the players which are generous enough to spare their bandages for a dying poor soul.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 14-11-2012, 16:11:12 »
Health bar does not make sense, but as suggested before, a red cross symbol on the map for example or above the player as soon as he shouts "Medic" for example would be helpful.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14-11-2012, 17:11:21 »
Red cross is copyright.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14-11-2012, 20:11:15 »
so what

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14-11-2012, 20:11:06 »
Red cross is copyright.

Im sorry, what?

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14-11-2012, 21:11:48 »
A red cross symbol is not a generic symbol for first-aid, emergency, hospitals, healthcare or medical services, products or personnel. The red cross symbol is a trademark owned by the American Red Cross and protected by federal and state trademark law, unfair competition law and anti-dilution law, and it is also protected by federal criminal law (See 18 U.S.C. 706, 917). The American Red Cross vigorously pursues those who infringe American Red Cross trademarks".
http://chapters.redcross.org/ok/okc/OKCBombingRecovery/emblem.htm

Big debate whether video games should adhere to the Geneva/Hague Convention.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/six-hundred-million-gamers-could-be-war-criminals-red-cross-says/story-fn6bqpju-1226216867843

So you see, I'm a bit hesitant. It wasn't that long ago either...