29 (48.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: 10-04-2012, 09:04:39

Author Topic: Medics  (Read 7910 times)

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
Re: Medics
« Reply #105 on: 13-05-2012, 12:05:34 »
And still (1000000 time this is said in this thread :() What do you want to heal with the medic-APC ? The soldier who already used his bandage and then is randomly close to the APC, whilst any other soldier just can donate his bandage to him ? That APC will effectively heal once in a year then.

Either:
Rework health system

Or:
Find another solution for introducing a medic.

But a medic APC which of course looks cool n stuff is just as pseudo-medical as the medic kit with the 7 bandages is.

Looks cool, but does nothing.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 13-05-2012, 13:05:08 »
easy thing to do, which would make a big difference in current health system is make soldier bleeding a lot longer when he's critically wounded. Give him time to find additional bandages, ask for help, bring ambulance or what ever.

Offline Sir_Pee_Alot

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 13-05-2012, 15:05:40 »
yea, slapping the red cross on to one of the APCs and have it heal teammates when you're near it would be nice. On maps with few or not tanks/at weapons you could see interesting team play happening with the ambulance covering/healing soldiers, especially if it also had spawning capabilities :)

+1 for that would be awesome!

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 13-05-2012, 18:05:46 »
As a note, Medics were and are fully allowed to carry weapons for use in self defence.  German medics did this all the time, as did american medics, especially in the pacific.  German meeics even carried rifles on the ostfront.  I remember reading one account where a german medic was working on a german soldier, shot a russian soldier who tried to kill them, then went to work on saving the russian's life.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 13-05-2012, 18:05:37 »
Thank you VM, thank you.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 13-05-2012, 18:05:09 »
As a note, Medics were and are fully allowed to carry weapons for use in self defence.  German medics did this all the time, as did american medics, especially in the pacific.  German meeics even carried rifles on the ostfront.  I remember reading one account where a german medic was working on a german soldier, shot a russian soldier who tried to kill them, then went to work on saving the russian's life.

Finnish medics were also essentially just riflemen but of course treating the wounded was always the first priority. They carried rifles and were usually fighting like everyone else.

US medics in the pacific had to carry a rifle or a carbine and strip all insignias that could give out that they were medics because japs loved to take out medics.

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 13-05-2012, 18:05:08 »
easy thing to do, which would make a big difference in current health system is make soldier bleeding a lot longer when he's critically wounded. Give him time to find additional bandages, ask for help, bring ambulance or what ever.

This is good point i believe, also removing or reducing the current "bleeding state" would be helpful, right now i feel it is rather drastic. Maybe the wounded player should automaticly scream in pain? If there is possibility to make special wounded walking animation it would be perfect :]

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 13-05-2012, 23:05:21 »

This is good point i believe, also removing or reducing the current "bleeding state" would be helpful, right now i feel it is rather drastic. Maybe the wounded player should automatically scream in pain? If there is possibility to make special wounded walking animation it would be perfect :]

And very frustrating as well. Noise tends to be more irritating than slight visual inability to which you try and adjust. The idea of prolonging bleed might help but the short spawn time just negates any attempt to hold a medic that won't revive on the spot.

The game isn't broken without the medic and redoing gameplay basis is not really worth the effort IMHO.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 14-05-2012, 20:05:24 »
And still (1000000 time this is said in this thread :() What do you want to heal with the medic-APC ? The soldier who already used his bandage and then is randomly close to the APC, whilst any other soldier just can donate his bandage to him ? That APC will effectively heal once in a year then.

true, FH2 is a bit too black and white, you're either fresh from the factory or dead. This is a flaw I feel, there would be more interesting dynamics and teamplay if there was a grey zone where you're wounded as well. Not critically, but just low on hitpoints. Like in most games.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 14-05-2012, 21:05:59 »
It would be a shame if FH2 would be like most games.

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 15-05-2012, 00:05:16 »
I think a sight of wounded could further improve atmosphare, both beign wounded and see/hear other that are wounded :] I personally see nothing negative in that, the current state works good for me, i must use first aid kit, or i am dead, this is only visible for me through :] I think it would be intresting if people running by me would SEE that i am wounded somehow :]