Author Topic: Optimizing FH2  (Read 461 times)

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
Optimizing FH2
« on: 16-01-2012, 03:01:20 »

Good morning,

I was wondering late this night (or early this morning depending on how you look at it) when I was playing FH2 2.4 for the first time in a very long time on my not so new laptop. My laptop is not old but it's not new and absolutely not fresh even but still it works often.

When I play FH2 now I play with 800x600 solution, 70% view distance and everything else either turned off or low if it doesn't have the On/Off alternative.

What else can a FH player to to optimize his FH2 experience? Is there anything else we can do or is this as far we get when we low-end users want to try to have the best experience we can?

Share all your tips and trix if there are any!

PS. I'm mainly asking because I get this lagg spikes now and then in 10 - 15 minutes intervals, between these intervals everything is actually fine with a really good flow.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
Re: Optimizing FH2
« Reply #1 on: 29-01-2012, 06:01:36 »
 Last year, I played for a while on a Dell latitude 1.3 processor w/ 2gb RAM with no problems and I played with:

1024x768, 100% view distance, all lowered graphics settings.

that spike you describe sounds like a RAM caching issue that could be compensated for by lowering stuff.
My Quebec includes Canada