Author Topic: Promoting Fh in the gaming world  (Read 2127 times)

Offline 44mag

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Promoting Fh in the gaming world
« on: 20-07-2011, 05:07:12 »
im starting this thread for ideas as to how we can get more players to fh . as you all are aware it is a mod and does require a bit of downloading and  such to get however if we get the word out maybe we can one day become more successful than the dc mod. i see fh added twitter facebook and other social media to there site, good idea. however i still think that many people out there still have no idea what good games they are missing here.

Offline Hoak

• View Profile
Re: Promoting Fh in the gaming world
« Reply #1 on: 20-07-2011, 10:07:23 »
Obviously colating a list of all the major news sites, game news aggregators etc. and sending out a press release or just letting them know a new version of FH2 is out is a good place to start.

FH2 is such an ambitious game, that has been around long enough it really ought to be on Wikipedia as well, and it's surprising that its not!

Fans should not hesitate to suggest a review of FH2 in their favorite Magazine or Game Site, and some nicely produced eCards that people can print, send to their friends, emails, post on fourms etc. also get a surprising lot of traction. 

Similarly Fan produced DVD cover art for the game, formatted guides, and manuals adds another level of content that raises visibility and and credibility.

When playing other games, ask people in game if they've tried the new 2.4 release of FH2 -- I was playing Red Orchestra and was just wondered what the guys there thought of FH2 in comparison, ie. did they really like RO better, and was shocked that none of them had heard of it!

Standing on the roof of your house, late at night when it's quiet and screaming at the top of your lungs 'Forgotten Hope 2 is The Best Game In The World!' and spray panting that message on Police cars and public buildings is sure to get the game noticed as well...

:)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-07-2011, 14:07:27 »
Hey, promotion is being worked on: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=15733.0
 ;)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-07-2011, 15:07:44 »
I am always trying to promote FH2 to my friends. Some of them are really interested and were simply amazed by the first impressions. But others are graphic junkies and compare it to BF2 (these dickheads only want to play the newest games  ;D). It is very sad, since this mod just looks fantastic and the more important part - the gameplay - and the interaction of the players is the best one you can get imo.

So another good way is, to promote Forgotten Hope to all your friends, who are interested in gaming. If every player can get only one friend playing the mod, we have two times more players.

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
« Reply #4 on: 20-07-2011, 18:07:53 »
Indeed, we need to keep building the player base and promoting the mod.

The thread slayer posted has a lot of good ideas, just needs people to go out and spread the word.
« Last Edit: 20-07-2011, 18:07:33 by [WaW]TA|Avrojet »

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
« Reply #5 on: 23-07-2011, 00:07:43 »
Anyone still out there promoting the new version?

Some large and high quality screenshots of ingame action would be helpful.
Or gameplay videos.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23-07-2011, 01:07:41 »
I can take screenshots at all high settings with 8x AA on if anybody wants a screenshot of something in particular

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23-07-2011, 09:07:47 »
FH2 is such an ambitious game, that has been around long enough it really ought to be on Wikipedia as well, and it's surprising that its not!

It was ! but some people simply delete it, just like FH1 entry and we were never allowed to repost it:

here the page of fh1 only accessible on User/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:StrangerTF/Forgotten_Hope

Offline GooGeL

• FH-Betatester
  • Shedmaster
    • View Profile
    • WOLFgaming.net
« Reply #8 on: 23-07-2011, 11:07:34 »

It was ! but some people simply delete it, just like FH1 entry and we were never allowed to repost it:

here the page of fh1 only accessible on User/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:StrangerTF/Forgotten_Hope
PR is up on Wikipedia, so I wonder what the problem is...

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23-07-2011, 13:07:14 »

PR is up on Wikipedia, so I wonder what the problem is...
PR is better known throughout the gaming world.

Offline nebsif

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23-07-2011, 13:07:27 »
126 player serv vids help allot, some1 posted a vid (of mine :D) in the BF3 forums and it helped convince some dudes to try FH, same for PR forums.

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
« Reply #11 on: 25-07-2011, 23:07:22 »
I can take screenshots at all high settings with 8x AA on if anybody wants a screenshot of something in particular

Some hi-res screenshots of multiplayer action would be good.

Offline Ajs47951

• 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g3t l41d
    • View Profile
    • AJS
« Reply #12 on: 25-07-2011, 23:07:04 »

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26-07-2011, 05:07:42 »
I'll be sure to grab a few next week when I'm back to my gaming computer!

Will also be interesting to try out some immersive hud  :)

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
« Reply #14 on: 26-07-2011, 23:07:50 »
I posted up Malsa's hi-res screenshots in a couple of FH threads in various german forums I've been pushing. It finally got some people interested and they've now downloaded the mod and started playing.