Author Topic: Bastogne 64  (Read 9465 times)

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
Re: Bastogne 64
« Reply #30 on: 24-11-2011, 18:11:26 »
well I still think that you should need both first line flags to get to Mont.
Mont is the masterflag in the map, and can be capped to fast atm.
This would be a great and positive change in the map yes

Also a hellcat at start....the tank spawnraping is so massive in the beginning and you have very little weapons at your disposal

Bastogne had Hellcats at there disposal

I think you have Hellcat since the beginning...

I have a question - is it a map bug or sth connected with server that when Germans cap all flag and kill all Americans, map doesn't want to end?

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08-01-2012, 14:01:39 »
@Kwiot: I think the bleed for the Allies id just much to low? Has it already been fixed Devs?

And I completly agree with Irish the Pushcode makes the map way to fast, its basicly an invitation to steamrole the Allieds. Its not that the allied team would be stupid if they get steamrolled, its just easy.... the germans can completly ignore two falgs when Mont and the first two flags are capped. I dont think that can make any sense toanyone.
Also a change to the pushcode wouldnt make it just like white goodwood in my opinion. Goodwood is all about Cagny in my opinion and Cagny is  very different from Mont. It has two command posts it is heavily defended and has most of the time verylittel tank support. The Arty can also play a big role.

Mont in comparision is not very well defended in my opinion. As pretty much all paks on Bastogne the ones at Mont are pretty useless. They just cant stop the heavy Germans armor, they can be taken out very easy by infantry from the forests. (Which is okay in my opinion since Allies have enough tanks and there are forests all around which make an ambush easy) And the major difference is probably just the seize of the command posts Cagny is huge Mont really small and the spawn points are far away. I think Arty also doesnt play a big role on Bastogne, I have never really noticed it.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23-01-2012, 03:01:54 »
@Kwiot: I think the bleed for the Allies id just much to low? Has it already been fixed Devs?

And I completly agree with Irish the Pushcode makes the map way to fast, its basicly an invitation to steamrole the Allieds. Its not that the allied team would be stupid if they get steamrolled, its just easy.... the germans can completly ignore two falgs when Mont and the first two flags are capped. I dont think that can make any sense toanyone.
Also a change to the pushcode wouldnt make it just like white goodwood in my opinion. Goodwood is all about Cagny in my opinion and Cagny is  very different from Mont. It has two command posts it is heavily defended and has most of the time verylittel tank support. The Arty can also play a big role.

Mont in comparision is not very well defended in my opinion. As pretty much all paks on Bastogne the ones at Mont are pretty useless. They just cant stop the heavy Germans armor, they can be taken out very easy by infantry from the forests. (Which is okay in my opinion since Allies have enough tanks and there are forests all around which make an ambush easy) And the major difference is probably just the seize of the command posts Cagny is huge Mont really small and the spawn points are far away. I think Arty also doesnt play a big role on Bastogne, I have never really noticed it.

Noone defends mont because it is boring to do so, else two dug-in squads could easily repel most attacks.

The side-flags are not very important as they are not quite useful in threatening the flanks of the advancing Germans - in this game you simply don't need to care about your flanks being threatened or not while in real life it must be a dangerous business to do such a kind of attack without securing the flanks.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15-07-2012, 23:07:43 »
We got the following issue today - round did not end despite all flags being captured by Germans and all Americans being dead. Here's a video of this round, roughly at the moment when the guy, who shot it, looks at scoreboard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmdg2Kai-V4&feature=player_detailpage#t=889s

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18-08-2012, 20:08:55 »
Seems like the map isn't using the airborne kitset as it should be...

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 18-08-2012, 20:08:16 »
It uses the UC_airborne player model set (u stands for us, c for cold)

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 18-08-2012, 21:08:40 »
I'm talking about the kitmesh, not the playermodel. UC playermodels differ only in the insignia really, whereas the kitmesh is the equipment on a soldier. And currently the default (army one, with Haversacks) is used, not the one in the airborne subfolder (which has Musette bags instead for all kits).

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 18-08-2012, 21:08:32 »
I think that one wasn't even added to bulge player models.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 18-08-2012, 21:08:08 »
It was, it basically is just a copy of the Normandy (PHL) ones.

in map's tmp.con:

Code: [Select]
rem *** KITSETS ***
run ../../objects/kits/uc/uc_kits.inc

should be:
rem *** KITSETS ***
run ../../objects/kits/uc/airborne/uc_kits.inc

and somewhere before that should be a line:
rem $fh2_kitgeomsubfolder=uw:airborne
I guess. I don't know if it requires repacking or some other changes are needed, because if I do this, then the airborne kitset is loaded up correctly, but it messes up the flags on the minimap.

Oh and when someone changes this, he should also look at the helmet textures. Some hearts/spades would seem adequate for this kitset (101st AB) :)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02-11-2012, 17:11:37 »
No radio in both HQ's, but there is one in Mont. Add some to the HQ's

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08-11-2012, 18:11:47 »
Also this dug-in position doesnt look good.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #41 on: 20-03-2013, 12:03:12 »
About the non reproduceable bug - well let's say we reproduced it. On several days as can be seen here:

Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08-04-2014, 21:04:14 »
guys, wtf. I casually walk into that building with my M1919A4 thinking how awesome it will be once I deploy that baby in that hole in the wall I'm aiming at in the screen.. BUT WAIT, that room is closed off by stupid doors.. that hole would've been a perfect spot for that tripod, I don't think I will ever understand why the mapper chose to negate it.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 09-04-2014, 11:04:18 »
2.46 changelog for Bastogne 64

• Fixed the long evading bug of a round not ending when the Germans capture all the flags and the Americans are all dead.
  • Fixed the allied reinforcements keep spawning when the Germans capture all the flags.
  • Fixed the allied reinforcements sometimes not spawning until the Germans capture one of the last two flags.
  • Fixed a couple of dummy flag poles visible to pilots.
  • Fixed players unable to enter the 2 M1919A4 tripods at Wardin and Mageret.
  • Fixed one spawn point at Bastogne Outskirts being outside of the combat area.
  • Team-locked spawn points at the American airfield.
  • Changed the American kitmesh to the airborne one (reported by McCloskey) (also affects Bastogne 32 and 16).
  • Added some "decking" at Mont (the patio and the ladder entrance) to ease navigation and to prevent getting stuck in some slits (also affects Bastogne 16).
  • Removed a tree and bush in a dug-in position (reported by Turkish007).

Minimap for reference:
« Last Edit: 09-04-2014, 17:04:01 by gavrant »

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 24-03-2015, 12:03:57 »

can we ged rid of these pointless planks? they are really annoying and makes harder to resupply.