Author Topic: [Material/Damage] Stielhandgranate "shell effect"  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
Orignally posted by:  spitfire05
http://forums.filefront.com/fh-bug-reporting/389286-stielhandgranate-shell-effect.html

When you throw a stielhandgranate at a tank and it hits it's armor, there's effect similar to one when tank shell hits armour (I mean there is loud "bump" sound, sparks, some smoke sometimes, I hope you know what I mean  )

Tested also mills bomb, it's free of this effect.

Vehicles that I used for testing: sherman, Pz3N, Marder

Offline fh_spitfire

• Developer
  • FHer since 0.6 | aka spitfire05
    • View Profile
Re: [Material/Damage] Stielhandgranate "shell effect"
« Reply #1 on: 01-04-2009, 20:04:44 »
I tested it more and what someone in FF forums said was confirmed: it happens only on local server.

Offline Wilhelm

• Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: [Material/Damage] Stielhandgranate "shell effect"
« Reply #2 on: 03-04-2009, 01:04:18 »
I tested it more and what someone in FF forums said was confirmed: it happens only on local server.

Yes.  That has been around since before the public release of the mod.

However, I noticed it recently (i.e. several months ago) on a public server.  I saw a steilhandgranate impact a bofors gun and that effect was present.  I tried to replicate it at that time, but was unable to IIRC.

In any case, perhaps the material of the steilhandgranate should be reviewed or something.  I don't know what determines specific effects to be displayed on impact of certain surfaces, but there must be some kind of error with the steilhandgranate.