Author Topic: Project Reality Online testing with 128/256/512 players  (Read 32155 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: Project Reality Online testing with 128 players
« Reply #180 on: 29-01-2011, 03:01:29 »
I was so close to finish the Download of the Third Part....

.... and they closed the server D:

Will install anyways

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 29-01-2011, 03:01:38 »
While it's always a good idea to download and play some PR, you are going to be disappointed if it's only for 128p servers;

Quote from: [R-DEV]AncientMan
Alright guys, we should have enough data for the moment, so we're going to shut down testing. Thanks for everyone who joined the server, helping us achieve the milestone.

If we manage to get some other problems fixed, like the nametag issue, then we might have another round of testing, but for the moment, we've got everything we need. We'll then be going internal, and work hard on developing a lot of things to be able to support 128 players (or whatever number we decide upon), and still have some great gameplay to go along with it.

This process will take a long time, it'll be some hard work for many months, so don't expect anything released soon. It's doubtful that this will be included in the next version (v0.96 it's called at the moment), but perhaps it might be in the version after that. This is because of the sheer amount of thought and development we need to go through, sort out a bunch of issues, etc. It's not a simple overnight thing we're talking about. We're talking about going through every part in the game and making it work 100% with the increased amount of players, and there's a lot of stuff in the game.

So anyway, I'd like to thank the [NEW] community, in particular BloodyDeed and Madcop, for providing the server and being constantly active to apply new tests and fix issues faced. Also, stay tuned for possibly future tests, and for more information regarding this in the months to come, thanks guys  :)

- The Project Reality Team

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 29-01-2011, 03:01:40 »
so you vote for a liaison from the dev team to talk to them perhaps and exchange info do some business get the code and try it out... remember you dont need to do it with the beta testers only.. get the community more involved like they did.. it was a dam good idea to include the community. im sure if you get Fh advertised and someone catches wind over in the PR forums they would be interested in helping/ trying out FH with 128 players..
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline SchwererGustav

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 29-01-2011, 05:01:01 »
When this works with FH2 i will Sh.. my pant's and play 3 weeks a row FH2!!!! ;D

Wasn't FH2 meant to recreate massive WW2 Battles?  ThIs is the chance plz don't let it go!!!

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #184 on: 29-01-2011, 06:01:14 »
 Seems testing is over for now... :-( 

Wish I had hit this a bit harder when it was up, but overall I say it was a swell first step.  These guys went from a concept to something fully integrated and fun within a day of constant patching.  If they get the name tag bit straight then I think we have a very big win on our hands!  Beyond all the smacktards that showed up to see a 128 player server in action it was good fun.  I just hope they are willing to share some of there dark secrets with the FH2 devs.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 29-01-2011, 06:01:18 »
Seems testing is over for now... :-( 

Wish I had hit this a bit harder when it was up, but overall I say it was a swell first step.  These guys went from a concept to something fully integrated and fun within a day of constant patching.  If they get the name tag bit straight then I think we have a very big win on our hands!  Beyond all the smacktards that showed up to see a 128 player server in action it was good fun.  I just hope they are willing to share some of there dark secrets with the FH2 devs.

or the FH devs them selves start to sift threw the hard codes.. or someone who is very good with tackling this knowing that it is possible!

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #186 on: 29-01-2011, 10:01:37 »
*fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap*

DO WANT.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 29-01-2011, 13:01:42 »
so you vote for a liaison from the dev team to talk to them perhaps and exchange info do some business get the code and try it out... remember you dont need to do it with the beta testers only.. get the community more involved like they did.. it was a dam good idea to include the community. im sure if you get Fh advertised and someone catches wind over in the PR forums they would be interested in helping/ trying out FH with 128 players..
We don't even have enough betatesters to fill a 64 player server and while the PR testing team is undoubtedly bigger due to their larger playerbase, I doubt they can field 128 testers simultaneously. Involving the community is a necessity, not a public relations move.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 29-01-2011, 14:01:40 »
ok, but you still get us involved that does help, and even though its a necessity it still could show as a PR move to others who dont always keep up with the forums, or to others spread about the internet.

Offline Tiberius Decimus Maximus

• Gentlemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 29-01-2011, 18:01:34 »
Anyways, one thing I've noticed from a fair few of the community here is the resistance to change; essentially every suggestion in the suggestion board is shut down, every hopeful post for a new feature put down brutally. All in the name of 'getting the new front' or 'historical accuracy/gameplay', whichever one allows you to shut down the suggestion. Seriously, a new feature isn't that bad, people. And I'm convinced that more players would be a great addition to this mod, which I have felt suffered from too much space, too few players.

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 29-01-2011, 19:01:45 »
Anyways, one thing I've noticed from a fair few of the community here is the resistance to change; essentially every suggestion in the suggestion board is shut down, every hopeful post for a new feature put down brutally. All in the name of 'getting the new front' or 'historical accuracy/gameplay', whichever one allows you to shut down the suggestion. Seriously, a new feature isn't that bad, people. And I'm convinced that more players would be a great addition to this mod, which I have felt suffered from too much space, too few players.
The fact is is that there is already alot of changes taking place in the mod, so much so, that the Devs really dont have time to suddenly drop what they are working on and focus on something that someone has just thought of then and there. Also note that these changes go through discussion in private and are thought about thoroughly, but tbh alot of suggestions that come through here have already been suggested, so thats why they are shut down so quickly.
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 29-01-2011, 19:01:24 »

the most infamus one, the reductio of the supression shader, the best feature i can thing of FH2, reduced to nothing by the elite players that trough it broke the gameplay flow.

D:

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 29-01-2011, 22:01:07 »
I guess that makes me elitish then. I think the tone-down is more reflective.

I think its a matter of opinion, and one opinion may prevail this day, the other the next.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 29-01-2011, 22:01:42 »
The fact is is that there is already alot of changes taking place in the mod, so much so, that the Devs really dont have time to suddenly drop what they are working on and focus on something that someone has just thought of then and there. Also note that these changes go through discussion in private and are thought about thoroughly, but tbh alot of suggestions that come through here have already been suggested, so thats why they are shut down so quickly.

no reason to just dro everything for 128 players your right but it shouldnt be tossed away and perhaps be put in slowly, but not shot down.

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 01-02-2011, 17:02:58 »
anyways, would such a server be recommended for a BoB map?
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon