Author Topic: It's almost like Normandy :-)  (Read 7237 times)

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
Re: It's almost like Normandy :-)
« Reply #15 on: 28-04-2009, 14:04:32 »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28-04-2009, 14:04:55 »
Wow. Nice how the map has developed _a_lot_ since I tested this map a while ago.

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #17 on: 28-04-2009, 14:04:28 »
Come to me!  :D This gives me a Normandy feeling indeed! ;D
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline GooGeL

• FH-Betatester
  • Shedmaster
    • View Profile
    • WOLFgaming.net
« Reply #18 on: 28-04-2009, 17:04:19 »
Something made a movement in my pants. That looks awesome!

Offline Rataxes

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28-04-2009, 18:04:10 »

Anyway upcoming map is awesome, Operation Husky. So We are landing on the beaches of Italy. Map was made by HERO-war_3k and the FHT updated it with our minimod and extra's :)

Not so fast dutch, Operation Husky is the invasion of Sicily. Operation Avalanche is the invasion of Italy  :)

Offline GooGeL

• FH-Betatester
  • Shedmaster
    • View Profile
    • WOLFgaming.net
« Reply #20 on: 28-04-2009, 18:04:56 »

Anyway upcoming map is awesome, Operation Husky. So We are landing on the beaches of Italy. Map was made by HERO-war_3k and the FHT updated it with our minimod and extra's :)

Not so fast dutch, Operation Husky is the invasion of Sicily. Operation Avalanche is the invasion of Italy  :)
Sicily is a region of Italy... and Operation Husky was the beginning of the Italian campaign. Operation Avalanche hit the mainland of Italy though.
« Last Edit: 28-04-2009, 18:04:49 by GooGeL »

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28-04-2009, 18:04:31 »

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28-04-2009, 19:04:43 »
Looks like a cool map  :).

That is going to be one intens (and loud) battle when the beach invasion starts.  ;)

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28-04-2009, 22:04:13 »

That is going to be one intens (and loud) battle when the beach invasion starts.  ;)
I sincerely hope that if these maps meet FH2 quality levels that they will be added in a community map pack, perhaps right before or after the Normandy release.

I see no reason why the community, as long as it meets our high standards, helps out with the continuation of side fronts of the mod. Also, there is no reason why people should HAVE TO enroll in a time consuming tournament just to enjoy this extra high quality content.

Can I get a huzzah?

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28-04-2009, 22:04:04 »

I sincerely hope that if these maps meet FH2 quality levels that they will be added in a community map pack, perhaps right before or after the Normandy release.

I see no reason why the community, as long as it meets our high standards, helps out with the continuation of side fronts of the mod. Also, there is no reason why people should HAVE TO enroll in a time consuming tournament just to enjoy this extra high quality content.

Can I get a huzzah?

To be honest, myself and I'm sure plenty of others would rather these maps be released in an Fh2 build (while still crediting FHT and its mappers for the map(s)). You know? Mappacks can really dumb down population. And these maps would be awesome to play (Publicly). Like, Husky, imagine how great that would be public online  :).

So I do hope FHT considers releasing these to the dev team for a good look over. Although I think Dutch may have said something about this?

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28-04-2009, 22:04:57 »
Hmm ..... Husky in Road to Rome.. those were the days.
Might have been a tiny bit historically incorrect, but man what was that map FUN !!

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28-04-2009, 22:04:51 »
Looks like Charlie sector with grass. The only good things I can see are that:
a) There are no lagtrap bunkers
b) There are no nebelwerfers bombarding the beaches
c) The Machine guns aren't MG42s, and so have a lower rate of fire and small clips.
d) There is a shorter killzone to run through

On the other hand:
a) There appear to be significantly more machine guns and defensive positions
b) Looking at the minimap there appear to be significantly more vehicles
c) The british would not get LVT spawnpoints and LVT(a) s, just LCAs
d) The Italians appear to have a significant number of vehicles, looking at the minimaps, and defense in depth, something Charlie Sector seemed to lack
e) That 88 looks like trouble.
f) The Brits get no Garand

In particular, look at picture 4 and tell me that doesn't remind you of the MG42 guarding the breach in the cliffs at Charlie sector. I hope the brits get armor or something to help cancel this out, or else I can't see this map being anything other than Omaha : Charlie Sector 2.
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28-04-2009, 22:04:40 »

Can I get a huzzah?

To be honest, myself and I'm sure plenty of others would rather these maps be released in an Fh2 build (while still crediting FHT and its mappers for the map(s)). You know? Mappacks can really dumb down population. And these maps would be awesome to play (Publicly). Like, Husky, imagine how great that would be public online  :).

So I do hope FHT considers releasing these to the dev team for a good look over. Although I think Dutch may have said something about this?

Well sure, whether it be in a map pack or with a major release, I think these maps if they're high quality enough SHOULD be considered for public release and not just tournament play. It's silly to have new high quality maps laying around that are only played by tournaments when we could all be enjoying them.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #28 on: 28-04-2009, 22:04:13 »
I'd imagine that with some dev lovin', a couple of months of hard work and maybe some FH2 'own brand' maps thrown in, these maps could lead to an Italian theatre release 2.3.

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #29 on: 29-04-2009, 01:04:43 »
Also, there is no reason why people should HAVE TO enroll in a time consuming tournament just to enjoy this extra high quality content.

Only time consuming is Friday night battle and Thursdays training, only when you want to join. Everything else is extra work just to contribute, but not required (you know, intelligence reports, discussing on forums, etc)

Seriously, it's not a clan. Just to have fun. WaW and FHT, and other tournaments (sorry, I'm not updated), want to provide new experiences to players. These maps are made by players who learn quickly and improve each day, organized by players and targeted to players. No secrets behind, these are communities to join in, have fun, meet your mates there and drink beer while playing organized in a fun Friday night.