Author Topic: 2.2 feature  (Read 781 times)

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
2.2 feature
« on: 06-09-2009, 00:09:25 »
Are there the distant gunfire sounds in the new 2.2 release like PR has??????? 8)
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 feature
« Reply #1 on: 06-09-2009, 00:09:50 »
I think so.
At least you can hear shots from further away now.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-09-2009, 02:09:27 »
But do the guns sound different @ long range... Or its just the same sound far off?

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-09-2009, 03:09:22 »
I increased the sounds distance alittle bit, and also added some more distant sounds but we will work more on this, but as Im against having the same distant sound for all rifles we will make some variations, so at least you'll be able to hear if there is an enemy or friend who is firing far away.

Weapons have 3 sounds, the 1P sound, the 3P sound and the distant sound, so from afar, you hear another sound (it is not the 3p sound just faded).

Be sure to see more sound improvements in next patch  :)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-09-2009, 08:09:04 »
thanks so much.....

Besides distant sounds for firing handheld weapons and MG, you also mean tank cannon, explosions and such, right? Like the dull thud representing a cannon fire back in FH1 and the swallowed or simply bass that is a muffled distant explosion

FHSW also added an interesting one for distant explosions, like the sound effect in SPR where they are walking @ night and have arty blast in the distance... Or better yet, the distant sound of RO explosions...Works well for all explosion types

Will it be possible to tell the calibre of gun or cannon from the distant sound variant or will it be axis versus allied sound?

I would really like to hear an 88 distant varaint and know that's what is firing... And this makes me wonder... Any work or improvement to whizz sound effects? Like shell and bullet whizz... that's another one that I'd really love to feel and hear ingame
« Last Edit: 06-09-2009, 09:09:39 by djinn »