Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching at the moment?  (Read 42361 times)

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: What TV shows are you watching at the moment?
« Reply #540 on: 26-02-2013, 17:02:21 »
Currently watching peep show with David Mitchell. i find it hilarious, though scarily recognisable at times.

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 28-02-2013, 08:02:05 »
I discovered Justified

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 28-02-2013, 12:02:21 »
Who has time to sit down and watch TV?

All you need is a Laptop & a connection.........

I like......

- TBBT (The Big Bang Theory)
- Ancient Aliens

;)

Yeah, that's so not watching television.

Love The Big Bang Theory too, always cracks me up. Zero Hour has two episodes up now, miles away from being high quality, yet so much fun. It's almost like a 'From the creators of The Event..". Heck, anything's better than more doctors, lawyers, policemen and superheroes.

Others atm:

- Homeland
- Walking Dead
- Game of Thrones
- Boss
- The Americans

Fringe was put out of its misery, should have ended it last season to be honest.

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 28-02-2013, 15:02:11 »
I discovered Justified

Cool! How you liking it? My favorite 'new' show I discovered last year.

Boardwalk Empire
Been watching the 3 seasons for the last couple of weeks. Must admit I wasn't entirely unbiased after the fanboy ragings of certain individuals on this thread but I gave the show a fair shot. That said, I really can't understand the rave reviews this show is getting. Now it is a solid show, but it's basically Mad Men meets Sopranos and struggles to be anything more than that.

The faults of the show are mainly due to writing, plotting and pretentiousness. It seems like the writers of the show can't decide if they want to make a documentary or a TV show, but that's forgivable because they really try to make the period work. Apart from that there are so many frustrating elements that it's hard to really feel for it. Pointless plotthreads that go nowhere (Agent Van Alden, I'm looking at you), characters that behave a certain way because the story demands it (Mss Schroder for example) and there's a lot of repetition, even for a TV show. I mean, how many assassinations can you fuck up? How many scenes of guys looking important while smoking and looking out of a window do you need to see? Annoying characters get way too much screentime and cool characters are under constant threat of being written off without any proper reason. During the course of the 3 seasons I've had at least 1 or 2 moments per season where I felt like skipping the whole series. When at the end of season 2 one of the key characters get offed in what was probably meant as a big unexpected finale, I found myself not caring at all.

But after 2,5 seasons things start to pick up and the season 3 finale was a proper one. I will definitely stick with it. Despite my ranting it does have a lot going for it. Acting and art direction are both spot on. Buscemi is and will always be the man, and he is indeed the highlight of the show, even though half the show isn't about him at all. Interesting characters like Chalky White, Eli Thompson and WWI veteran Richard Harrow are what makes this show great, and I hope the writers realise that in this sense less is more. The annoying characters seem to have largely been terminated (in one - literal - way or the other) and the tempo/coherence has picked up as well.

30 Rock
Didn't know this 7th season was also the last one so it came as quite a surprise when I was watching the 150th episode and realised that after this there would be no more 30 Rock, one of my most beloved TV shows ever.
But what a send-off, In my book one of the greatest/well-fitting endings for a comedy show. The writers held a filrm grip on their baby over the course of 7 years and seemed to know what they were doing right untill the end. Kudos for that since a lot of longer running shows seem to get stuck in some uninspired (but not necessarily boring) routine.
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 28-02-2013, 19:02:30 »
So far I love it :)

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 06-03-2013, 12:03:48 »
So, I watched the complete first season of Rome. It was an absolute pleasure to watch. Hilarious, cunning, bloody, historically rather accurate, conspiracies, and, of course, the actions of the inimitable Titus Pullo.

I think I have to get season 2 as well...
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 06-03-2013, 13:03:23 »
So, I watched the complete first season of Rome. It was an absolute pleasure to watch. Hilarious, cunning, bloody, historically rather accurate, conspiracies, and, of course, the actions of the inimitable Titus Pullo.

Best show ever!  yes Titus Pullo is really a wonderful chap. as are Lucius Vorenus and Mark Antony, in my opinion.

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 06-03-2013, 13:03:21 »

Best show ever!  yes Titus Pullo is really a wonderful chap. as are Lucius Vorenus and Mark Antony, in my opinion.

I'm not so sure about Mark Antony, don't know why exactly. But Pullo... One violent stabbing and a hint of sh****** Cleopatra, and bob's your uncle, empire established.
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 06-03-2013, 13:03:29 »
"Mark Anthony" sounds like a singer. He was Marcus Antonius.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 06-03-2013, 15:03:06 »
Mark Antony ;D CPS had me in tears there. :D

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: 06-03-2013, 17:03:31 »

Season 2 is OK but nowhere near as good as season 1. Sadly they had to fit 3 seasons of story in the second season and it suffers for it. Still better than nearly every TV show that is on TV now though.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 06-03-2013, 17:03:19 »
Mark Antony ;D CPS had me in tears there. :D
wuteva

I'm not so sure about Mark Antony, don't know why exactly.
but he's got a hot bod
« Last Edit: 06-03-2013, 17:03:17 by Captain Pyjama Shark »

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 12-03-2013, 15:03:56 »

Watching Vikings at the moment.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2306299/

Only 3 episodes have been release. Seeing that its a History channel production, im impressed.

Very entertaining.
« Last Edit: 12-03-2013, 15:03:32 by RAnDOOm »

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 12-03-2013, 21:03:33 »
Watched the first 3 minutes of vikings, it was all the trailer told me it would be. I won't watch any seconds more of it.

Currently watching Breaking Bad, more than halfway through of season 4. And it's such a great series, 4 seasons in less than two weeks for me. I can't believe I didn't hear about the series until this summer. Eventually it was Flippys recommendation that actually got me to watch it.
Anyone in doubt? Don't be anymore. GO AND WATCH IT.

Also, I've had several suspicions about AMC being a conservative/republican network. For example; in Walking Dead, Abortion was pure evil. And once Lori returned to rational thought, and I use both returned and rational in very loose terms as it is Lori I'm talking about, she realized that was the only sane option. And the obsessiveness concerning guns (of course, it's a zombie apocalypse, but in some instances it was even too much despite the situation).

Now in AMCs Breaking Bad, in season 4 (broadcasted autumn of 2011), a character flips through notebook. You can quite clearly see that one one page it says "Ron Paul 2012".

I don't want to start a political discussion, and I have no idea what AMC is considered in the USA. Those are just some observations and assumptions I made, and have wondered about for some time.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 12-03-2013, 22:03:22 »
Watched the first two episodes of "Vikings" and quite enjoyed it. Despite being not entirely 100% historically acurate I found it to be of really high quality both in the setting and acting. The pacing of both episodes was also nice and didn't drag on like other shows do.
I now just hope that the rest of the show will keep up the high
standard and won't turn into a bitching contest, like TWD...
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.