Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching at the moment?  (Read 42395 times)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
Re: What TV shows are you watching at the moment?
« Reply #660 on: 29-07-2014, 01:07:56 »
Currently watching Twin Peaks, I think it goes a little downhill after a very brilliant first half.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 29-07-2014, 12:07:52 »
Watched "Generation War" and "The Pacific". Loved em both. Felt really sad when the younger brother died in generation war. As for the Pacific i still wonder if that Snafu guy was constantly high or was born this way. Loved the scene where Leckie shoots down that green army officer and gets the girl but hated it when John Basilone died.  Both series make we want more well made war movies and series.

Generation war 9/10
The Pacific 8/10 (with the 'Band of brothers' being a 9,5/10)

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 27-08-2014, 15:08:56 »
Started to watch two new TV shows.
First is The Wire, which is about the criminals scene in Baltimore. It shows both perspectives, law enforcement and the gangsters and how the former try to combat the organised drug scene. I´m three episodes in and despite the age the show is really good so far. Great characters, fascinating setting and an intriguing storyline.
The second one is the seven-part HBO show John Adams, which is based on the historical character with the same name and is set in Massachusetts, during the times of the American Revolution. It describes how the revolutions started and how the colonies became the United States. Very well done, with great actors and a very authentic feel. Finished two episodes so far and fortunately it doesn´t feel like some uber-patriotic wank-fest, but tries to paint an accurate picture of the time and the events.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 27-08-2014, 21:08:45 »
I watch SERIES of Alexander95 videos of gameplay about all FH2 maps.Now at 17th ;) ;D
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 27-08-2014, 21:08:21 »
Started to watch two new TV shows.
First is The Wire, which is about the criminals scene in Baltimore. It shows both perspectives, law enforcement and the gangsters and how the former try to combat the organised drug scene. I´m three episodes in and despite the age the show is really good so far. Great characters, fascinating setting and an intriguing storyline.
The second one is the seven-part HBO show John Adams, which is based on the historical character with the same name and is set in Massachusetts, during the times of the American Revolution. It describes how the revolutions started and how the colonies became the United States. Very well done, with great actors and a very authentic feel. Finished two episodes so far and fortunately it doesn´t feel like some uber-patriotic wank-fest, but tries to paint an accurate picture of the time and the events.

To watch the Wire for the first time, the series remains good like the Sopranos. Every season is different yet good!

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)