Author Topic: Another Shadow Bug and lots of crashes...  (Read 1655 times)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Another Shadow Bug and lots of crashes...
« Reply #15 on: 22-09-2010, 08:09:39 »
FH2 Is the only game with problems , i can play COD4 ( but that sucks-game ) i can play medal of honor airborne etc.

Ok then it is really up to you, if you were planing to upgrade in a year or so, then you could also do it now. Your PC is a bit older and could use an upgrade and building a PC that can run FH2 on max without problems won't be that expensive. If you want some help in selecting a finished PC or components, just let us know.
« Last Edit: 22-09-2010, 08:09:41 by N24Reporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline DannyNickelov

• Freedom isn't freedom without fighting for it.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: 25-09-2010, 13:09:42 »
FH2 Is the only game with problems , i can play COD4 ( but that sucks-game ) i can play medal of honor airborne etc.

Ok then it is really up to you, if you were planing to upgrade in a year or so, then you could also do it now. Your PC is a bit older and could use an upgrade and building a PC that can run FH2 on max without problems won't be that expensive. If you want some help in selecting a finished PC or components, just let us know.

Hm oke... but now it runs fine... i mean , no errors... sometimes then. But it runs smooth. unfortunately i dont have the money for that and i am keeping some money for a laptop. So i need to do it with what i have.

Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: 26-09-2010, 15:09:04 by DannyNickelov »

Offline Remdul

• Reverse Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Pie!
    • View Profile
    • ByteHazard
« Reply #17 on: 02-10-2010, 15:10:24 »
The missing player model shadows is another BF2 bug to my knowledge, I doubt we can fix this.

The crash/error you get when exiting is common, most of us have it. This is a BF2 bug, which happens more frequently in FH2 because the mod uses more memory. This is benign and you can ignore this one.

BF2 doesn't unload all memory between levels, so at some point BF2 engine may run out of memory. Restarting the game fixes this.

As said, FH2 uses more RAM than BF2 vanilla, so recommended is 2GB to 3GB RAM, and 256MB to 512MB video card memory. Updating your graphics drivers can solve instability, also ensure the GPU is cooled properly and power supply is sufficient.

Switching audio from hardware mode to software mode can improve performance, quality and fix instability.
« Last Edit: 02-10-2010, 15:10:04 by Remdul »

Offline DannyNickelov

• Freedom isn't freedom without fighting for it.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: 02-10-2010, 22:10:48 »
The missing player model shadows is another BF2 bug to my knowledge, I doubt we can fix this.

The crash/error you get when exiting is common, most of us have it. This is a BF2 bug, which happens more frequently in FH2 because the mod uses more memory. This is benign and you can ignore this one.

BF2 doesn't unload all memory between levels, so at some point BF2 engine may run out of memory. Restarting the game fixes this.

As said, FH2 uses more RAM than BF2 vanilla, so recommended is 2GB to 3GB RAM, and 256MB to 512MB video card memory. Updating your graphics drivers can solve instability, also ensure the GPU is cooled properly and power supply is sufficient.

Switching audio from hardware mode to software mode can improve performance, quality and fix instability.

Oke... many thanks! ;D And i also tried 'Anti-Alliasing''but that makes it even worse ( The square shadows )