Author Topic: What is the meaning of your ingame name?  (Read 3980 times)

Offline 69rat

• View Profile
Re: What is the meaning of your ingame name?
« Reply #30 on: 30-07-2012, 16:07:29 »

i've always been into hotrods. my 69 camaro with a "rat" motor. big block chevy. rat stands for "race and tune".

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30-07-2012, 16:07:10 »
Hehe, when I saw this thread, I knew I had seen it before :)

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=1711.0

From that thread:
Over ten years ago, I lived in a student's dorm with 14 other people, of whom several had computers linked together on a coax network. I joined them to play games against each other. After having played Doom SP, I switched to Quake (1) on the network. Because I wanted to join the game immediately and had to install Quake from scratch, I was in a hurry and simply replaced the P from the default playername Player into an S, because I was planning on slaying a lot of enemies. Thus, Slayer was born.

Only years later I started to appreciate the band Slayer, and I was glad they have a lot of songs about war and WWII.

I have used this nick everywhere ever since, so I'm carrying it for 13 years now.
But that's 16 years now ;)

Later, NTH started this thread (somewhat related)
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=1689.0

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30-07-2012, 17:07:32 »
Where my name is from:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32WjO7IiHpI

Unfortunately I just changed my avatar like two days ago, usually it is a picture of the actual Captain Pyjama Shark.

Tedacious

IRL name is Björn. Same word as "Bear" in swedish. Around 2004 my friends started calling me Teddybear, or Teddy. I needed a nickname for several websites, preferebly unique. I don't know how, but I assume I just thought about the word "Tenacious" (No, not from the band Tenacious D) and just tried saying "Tedacious" and liked it enough.
Mostly I use it 'cause it's unique and never encounter a problem with someone already using it.
WHATTTTTT I always thought your name was a clever spin off of Tenacious D!!!!!! Damn it Björn!!!!!
« Last Edit: 30-07-2012, 17:07:25 by Captain Pyjama Shark »

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30-07-2012, 17:07:01 »
Well honestly, it MIGHT have been. I really don't remember.

Also, you should change your avatar back. It feels like the only thing that has survived since Filefront.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Biiviz

« Reply #34 on: 30-07-2012, 17:07:28 »
My avatar is also a relic of FF. :(

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30-07-2012, 17:07:37 »
This particular nick is my old high school nickname. Folks do seem to have trouble spelling my surname (even though Finnish is written and pronounced identically) so this was supposedly "easier" form of it. "Easier", because non-Finns seem to have just as much trouble spelling it.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30-07-2012, 17:07:29 »
Well honestly, it MIGHT have been. I really don't remember.

Also, you should change your avatar back. It feels like the only thing that has survived since Filefront.
Perhaps you are right. Gimme a few more days though I like that little green thingamajig

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30-07-2012, 18:07:35 »
Mine is a mix between my name, and the nickname of my dad, back in 1998 or 1999 when we used to play games like Medal of Honor, we picked up Torenico as a name for our save games.

Tore: My father's name is Hector, but his friends call him Tore.
Nico: Well, my name is Nicolas, so it's pretty obvious.

I also have a second nickname, which i don't use in games like BF2, Lazaro. That's how friends call me IRL, i use that nickname for a few games.

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30-07-2012, 19:07:17 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjMF_944waw

Watch for the zebra

He ate grass sandwich you know :)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30-07-2012, 19:07:53 »
Mine is a mix between my name, and the nickname of my dad, back in 1998 or 1999 when we used to play games like Medal of Honor, we picked up Torenico as a name for our save games.

Tore: My father's name is Hector, but his friends call him Tore.
Nico: Well, my name is Nicolas, so it's pretty obvious.

I also have a second nickname, which i don't use in games like BF2, Lazaro. That's how friends call me IRL, i use that nickname for a few games.

That must be so odd whenever I message you on steam going "Heyo Tor, blah blah blah"

Myself, I had used various nicks throughout the years, from ErictheHobo (My steam account is EricZeHobo)
To HobomanJenkins, and various other short little names involving my first name, I usually only played SP.
Eventually I joined the FH2 forums. At the time I didn't know anybody here, so my name was :| Hi, because I figured if I ever met anybody here, I would kinda pokerface it and just say hi.

4-5 months AFTER I joined the forums, I finally got a computer capable of playing Fh2. (I have no idea how many times I watched the "training" videos for Africa).

When it was finally time for me to play, I want to say Fh2 2.1 had been out for quite some time, 2.2 came out two months before my birthday. (Sept 4, '09 ). I got a gaming computer for my 17th birthday, the 15th of Nov, and the very next day, I was playing Fh2.

When I started to play Fh2, I had only made a few profiles. One or two for SP, and another for vanilla Bf2. I wanted the people from the forums to recognize me, so I took up the ingame nick of Fh2_Hi, since : and | were illegal characters.

Nowadays, most friends have given me even shorter nicks, those being Hi (Often I'm greeted by Hi Hi) and FH (Like pronouncing the letters.)

Since I've grown a little attached to it as my latest name, Fh2_Hi is my nick in all my current games.
Kinda funny when people in WoT see Fh2_Hi and go "Fh2, Forgotten Hope 2?"  "Yeah"  "Oh, great mod, just started playing again!"

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30-07-2012, 20:07:46 »
Cookie_Box

Well.. Because i love cookies i guess..  :D

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 30-07-2012, 20:07:38 »
 I chose my forum name because im a Black Man that plays guitar really good.....

j/k....back in 42 days i watched a documentary about Jimi Hendrix & learned he was in the 101st Airborne so i put a rifle in his hand............

My FH2 name "$talkker" was a creation that came about by combining my clever play & desire for a simple 1 word name.

8)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 30-07-2012, 21:07:55 »
A damn good guitar playing black man at that  ;D

I always figured $talkker had something to do with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 30-07-2012, 21:07:12 »
I think mine is pretty obvious, Oddball; I'm sure most of you have seen Kelly's Heroes. Ever since I first saw the film, I could generally relate to his chill, laid-back attitude...therefore, I adopted his name.  8)

In most other games/forums, my username has some form of "Oddball" in it. However, For BF2 and consequently FH2, my current screen name is: Stealth_Deffender. Simply because, as many of you are aware, names are not the easiest things to come by in BF2. Which is also the reason "deffender" is spelled incorrectly... but it still has the same effect without the unnecessary numbers, right?

How did 'Stealth_Deffender' come about? Well, This was way back when I first got BF2... I was eager to get playing and didn't spend nearly long enough thinking of a unique and interesting username; I picked something relating to the style of warfare I "enjoyed". At first it was Stealth_Attacker... which I had for a little while until I lost that account. Still have not been able to recover it. I like small squad tactics and stealthy operations, so I guess this name was acceptable. Once I lost that account, I kept the "Stealth" part, cause I liked it, I guess.. and picked something else that was common in combat - defending... so yeah.. that's how the cookie crumbles...
« Last Edit: 30-07-2012, 21:07:56 by Oddball »

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 30-07-2012, 21:07:10 »
Simple:

Turkish; my nation
Commando; you know what it is
007; James Bond!  8)