Author Topic: What is the meaning of your ingame name?  (Read 3984 times)

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
Re: What is the meaning of your ingame name?
« Reply #15 on: 30-07-2012, 12:07:33 »
Knowing nothing about the Tolkien series feels like burning the Koran in Medina or Mekka.

Besides, thank you for your replies so far; there were some interesting stories :)
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30-07-2012, 12:07:28 »
For Surfbird many things came together.

First I tried to get inspiration by reading through names of ships and airplanes, because they sometimes have really cool names. And indeed, the ship in my profile picture is the USS Surfbird. It was a minesweeper boat and my grandfather was Captain of a minesweeper suquadron for himself after the war (in Germany though), so I thought that it fits somehow.
Then Surfbird is a real bird- being a bird fits my character a little, but this did not lead me to my nickname. Then theres that song from The Trashmen called Surfin' Bird I learnt to love by playing Battlefield Vietnam :D Ah yea, and I rarely do it, but I like surfing.
I think that's it :)

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30-07-2012, 13:07:22 »
My silly name is actually the username of all my spam accounts.. this way it was easy to remember the password :D who could have thought i would be stuck with this damn game for so long

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #18 on: 30-07-2012, 13:07:13 »
I used to as Invictus, based on the old god Sol Invictus, but then I joined a clan somewhere in 2008 called the 130. Panzer Lehr Division and so I picked a German surname; Fuchs. Over the years I did found out it's the hardest thing to pronounce for non-Europeans. In-game I go either as [130.Pz]W.Fuchs or NotFuchs. Usually the latter.

On other places I try to use the surname of my favourite director; Kubrick.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30-07-2012, 13:07:23 »
My ingame nick is Niko1992, which is just my name and birth year. I first used it with Battlefield 2 and it was the best I could come up with. Nowadays I use Kalkalash everywhere. If you've watched the Simpsons you'll recognize the name; it's meat on a stick sold by some Turkish guy. You enjoy this fine meal with either Mountain Dew or crab juice.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30-07-2012, 13:07:24 »
I have that nickname since 2003:

- There was a Butcher in Diablo 1
- In GTA Vice City you could reach the rank "Butcher"
- Read stories about aircraft and saw the FW190 nickname "Butcher Bird"

I was young, impressionable, lazy and needed a nickname for Lan-Parties with friends... uncreative as I was, I copied and never changed it.

He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Biiviz

« Reply #21 on: 30-07-2012, 13:07:18 »
Beavis in '02 -> Be4viz in '04 -> Biiviz in '06

I originally had a buddy named Butthead that I played with in America's Army: Operations (1.0). After that I was on my own.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30-07-2012, 13:07:17 »
Tedacious

IRL name is Björn. Same word as "Bear" in swedish. Around 2004 my friends started calling me Teddybear, or Teddy. I needed a nickname for several websites, preferebly unique. I don't know how, but I assume I just thought about the word "Tenacious" (No, not from the band Tenacious D) and just tried saying "Tedacious" and liked it enough.
Mostly I use it 'cause it's unique and never encounter a problem with someone already using it.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30-07-2012, 13:07:32 »
Haha @ Andrew ... I always thought your nickname was a reference to the Christie suspension :).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christie_suspension
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30-07-2012, 14:07:31 »
Means something along the line of "Unpredictable Destruction".

Thought about it when i started to play online games almost 14 years ago, used it has my first nickname and it got stuck ever since.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30-07-2012, 14:07:03 »
Mr Smiles All Day - Mr SAD.

I was drunk (or high) and needed to come up for a name (1942) and this was it. Im a happy person, but ofcourse im not smiling all day. I can be sad too.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30-07-2012, 14:07:34 »
Haha @ Andrew ... I always thought your nickname was a reference to the Christie suspension :).

thought the same
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30-07-2012, 14:07:34 »

thought the same

Yep, same here.  :) You learn something new everyday...
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30-07-2012, 15:07:37 »
A long time ago i spent a week of nights playing Warcraft III's singleplayer on its hardest difficulty. At the time i had no single nickname, but typically used one associated to Vasili Zaitsev. After winning, i used Archimonde as my nickname, after the biggest baddy in W3. Over time clan mates, and even friends at school began to call me "Archi" for short. It stuck. I shortened it to Archi, and later began using days of the week behind it, typically Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.