Author Topic: Polanski  (Read 3741 times)

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
Re: Polanski
« Reply #30 on: 13-07-2010, 16:07:55 »
It also helps the persons that really regret it and want to change there lives to never get a decent job again and to be exclude from public life.

Most people who are sex offenders are seriously messed up in the head and that makes them want to do what they want to do.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13-07-2010, 17:07:39 »
I agree with that, but what if you where that 1% that went out with some friends, got a bit to drunk, did a stupid thing and got the name sex offender with you for the rest of your life.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #32 on: 13-07-2010, 17:07:57 »
Do you guys have statutory rape in your countries? In the UK it does not matter if the child even consents, if you get caught having sex with a minor you are put on the sex offenders register, if you go to prison, ... well, you are known as a 'nonce' and your life will be made complete hell by other prisoners, guards will tend to look the other way too.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Limonero

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13-07-2010, 17:07:22 »
In Spain,rapists must be isolated once imprisionated...because if you donĀ“t do so,within minutes they would be lying on the floor...killed by other prisoners...

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13-07-2010, 17:07:04 »
i believe that once you served jail you had your punishment, if psychiatrists decide that this person is an imminent danger to society then he will be internated.
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate and fear, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13-07-2010, 17:07:22 »
So which is more humane, allowing people to go free but making them register as sex offenders, or incarcerating them indefinitely on the recommendation of a psychiatrist?

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13-07-2010, 17:07:22 »
when its clear someone is a danger to society and bound to rape or kill again , then internating is the right choice dont you think?

telling people who the rapist is gives a fake sense of security since if he is bound to rape again , being informed doesnt stop him from doing it.

But im sure you could have answered it yourself without me breaking it down for you.
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate and fear, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13-07-2010, 17:07:55 »
So which is more humane, allowing people to go free but making them register as sex offenders, or incarcerating them indefinitely on the recommendation of a psychiatrist?

I'd rather be incarcerated than having everybody know I'm a pervert and not getting a job.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 13-07-2010, 17:07:44 »

I'd rather be incarcerated than having everybody know I'm a pervert and not getting a job.

Same here, at least in prison you will have some friends and a job...

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 13-07-2010, 17:07:04 »

Not if you're a pedo you won't...

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13-07-2010, 17:07:45 »

Not if you're a pedo you won't...

Sure, other pedos ;) on top of that, after finishing the prison term you usually get transferred to some psychiatric institution, and just watch "One flew over the cuckoo's nest", it is awesome in those  ;D

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13-07-2010, 17:07:18 »
You will have a nice husband and a loose....

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13-07-2010, 18:07:15 »
Incarceration, but only if the circumstances require it. Because it does not amount to random public lynching and branding. True, among ex-convicts any repeat offense is much more likely than among random people, but a majority of ex-convicts still does not repeat their crime. The very concept of a "justice state" is that you cannot be convicted of what you have not done yet, and that you should only be punished once. "Offender list" is essentially a lifelong sentence without the chance to parole, without any proof that you would actually do it again. Also, being branded a public enemy does not exactly help one to become a productive, law-abiding member of the society, which should be the goal of any and all punishments, instead of revenge. And, as stated, you get on such a list far too easily even for crimes that do not involve rape, abuse or sex with minors. The severity of the act should have something to do with this, sex with consenting teen half a year under the limit is different than eg. what 4chan affectionately calls "infant fornicating".

Case in point, here in Finland we do have a well-known individual who first raped, then butchered two little girls. He was declared "insane but responsible for his actions", so even after his prison sentence was finished, he was considered to be a danger to the society and instead of walking free was committed to a mental asylum for criminals. Also, involuntary psychiatric treatment has to be reviewed constantly by independent doctors, so it's not a "recommendation of a psychiatrist". But because of this kind of system instead of a "sex offender list", some drunken fool who just didn't believe "no" but did not beat up or kill anyone, or some fool who harassed his co-eds but since then has grown up, and the like, do not have to carry a lifelong stigma once they have finished their sentences.

However, whether the sentences in your country (or mine) are too lenient is another thing entirely.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13-07-2010, 19:07:12 »

In the States, many people who commit "statutory rape  ::)" as minors are allowed to go free, but but registered, it's worse here than it is in the UK.  Watched a 20/20 programme one time about a kid caught getting a blow job in a school bathroom, he was 18 she was 17, so he was a "rapist" and had his life entirely ruined.  Can't live near anywhere children will be, and since he lives in the South, his vigilante town government forced him to appear in an ad broadcast to all the towns citizens making sure everybody knew he was a "rapist" without detailing what exactly he had done.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 13-07-2010, 19:07:41 »
What in the hell !? A rapist for getting a bj from a girl of his age?? Damn i am so glad i was born in Greece...