Author Topic: Polanski  (Read 3743 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: Polanski
« Reply #15 on: 12-07-2010, 20:07:36 »
The older you get, the harder it is to guess how old younger people are. I can say this from experience, you can guess it quite alright within your own 'age area' like if your 18 you can easily see if someone is 15 but (from my experience) people from over 40 think the 15 year old guy is the same age as the 18 year old guy. 'they all look alike dem darned kids!'
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12-07-2010, 21:07:54 »
I can't understand all this outrage on the American side. He has had Hell the past years for this and she forgave him. I mean look here in Germany 'rape' is barred after 10 years and it's been more than 30.
I hope the Swiss will remain as 'vogon' as possible with him, since I really think that he won't have a fair trial in the US.

Other than that I'm all in line with Kemola's post.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13-07-2010, 01:07:10 »
I submit to you all a speech delivered by US congressman James Traficant, who is a criminal and a con man, but gave an epic one minute speech before Congress on March 4 1998:

Mr. Speaker, the Oklahoma Senate passed a bill to allow castration of convicted rapists. That is right. Castration. Opponents say it is cruel. Victims say it is about time. I say hats off, and anything else off, to the Oklahoma Senate.

Maybe, just maybe, Mr. Speaker, rapists will not only think twice, they will start thinking 3 and 4 times before they brutalize our constituents.

I also would like to say that no matter how you slice this, Mr. Speaker, Oklahoma is on the cutting edge when it comes to dealing with rapists. For those who say, `How do you really feel, Jim?' I recommend that Oklahoma go a step further. Put it into law, then hire Lorena Bobbitt to administer the program.

I yield back whatever might be left after Oklahoma is done with rapists.

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13-07-2010, 01:07:50 »
well how did your murder rate work out with the death pentalty in place?

oh man i just opened pandoras box.

anyway im going outside and enjoy my freedom.
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate and fear, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13-07-2010, 11:07:16 »
anyway im going outside and enjoy my freedom to rape young girls and get away with it.
Fixed it for ya ;D
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13-07-2010, 13:07:19 »
anyway im going outside and enjoy my freedom to rape young girls and get away with it.
Fixed it for ya ;D

although in in europe its not rape if she does say no and doesnt press charges
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate and fear, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13-07-2010, 14:07:27 »
Fixed it for ya ;D

So in other words, rich people can buy the silence of whoever they rape, and violent people can intimidate them into silence?

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13-07-2010, 15:07:27 »
Fixed it for ya ;D

So in other words, rich people can buy the silence of whoever they rape, and violent people can intimidate them into silence?

No, in other words when some guys has sex with his 2 months younger girlfriend that is still underage he dousn't get prosecuted for rape and send to prison.

And if she would have filled a complaint after the facts, even up to 5 years then sure, no problem, but waiting from 1977 till 2005??? cmon, stop being an attention whore and move along.

And its not like he paid her shitloads of money to shut up (can be traced) or beat her up to get her silent (i am sure can also be traced)

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13-07-2010, 15:07:36 »
Fixed it for ya ;D

i dont see how his money come into play with this extraction request of the usa, also you tell us he raped her while she says he didnt and that she doesnt want to press charges , not to mention its been 30 years ago , in europe after 10 years those thing retire anyhow.
And i didnt read anything about polanski being violent, so yeah , got anything new to add to the discussion or just gonna repeat yourself mister anti european.

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13-07-2010, 15:07:26 »
not to mention its been 30 years ago , in europe after 10 years those thing retire anyhow.

Polanski was convicted in 1977. He was out on bail before sentencing and escaped after the trial and before he was sentenced. So the US asked for him to be extradited, not to be put on trial but to serve the prison sentence for a crime for which he was already convicted.

We have statutes of limitations in the United States too, but escaping from prison is not something that gets 'retired' after a certain time period.

But from your post, you seemed to indicate that rape is not considered a crime if she doesn't press charges, even if she says no. Which seems to me to make it very easy for a rapist to try and buy/coerce the silence of a victim.

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13-07-2010, 16:07:57 »
not to mention its been 30 years ago , in europe after 10 years those thing retire anyhow.

Polanski was convicted in 1977. He was out on bail before sentencing and escaped after the trial and before he was sentenced. So the US asked for him to be extradited, not to be put on trial but to serve the prison sentence for a crime for which he was already convicted.

We have statutes of limitations in the United States too, but escaping from prison is not something that gets 'retired' after a certain time period.

But from your post, you seemed to indicate that rape is not considered a crime if she doesn't press charges, even if she says no. Which seems to me to make it very easy for a rapist to try and buy/coerce the silence of a victim.

like Michael Jackson paying that kid in 1994 millions of dollars?

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13-07-2010, 16:07:18 »
Sounds like America to me ;D Just like the OMG CHILD RAPIST speech.

In Europe, by and large, rape requires the use of violence or threat of it, or drugging someone senseless. Sexual abuse is if the other party says "no" but still lets it happen, or has caused herself (himself) to be too intoxicated to say no.

Taking advantage of a minor (the US term is the weasel word "statutory rape") covers both consensual and non-consensual encounters. If it's consensual and there's not much age difference (usually <5 years), then the authorities won't even press charges at all. If there's a big age difference but she was clearly willing and understood what was going on, then there's usually only a "slap on the wrist" (ie. conditional sentence), plus if the adult was acting in bona fide (eg. she had used fake ID to get into a bar not allowing minors) the case might collapse on itself on that basis. Unconditional jail sentence is usually handed only if it was not consensual, the minor did not understand what was going on, the minor was pre-puberty, or the adult clearly coerced the minor through a position of authority (teacher, coach, etc.) - just holding the position of authority is not considered coercing if she would have been otherwise willing. Also, age of consent in Europe tends to be lower - as low as 12 in Spain, but usually between 14-16, not like US where many states have it at (unrealistic and hypocritical) 18 years.

Depending on the country and the exact offense, yes, the charge might require action by the victim. Taking advantage of a minor is obviously a "prosecutor's case". It's a double-edged sword - some might argue that the victim might prefer let the offender go (in mild cases), rather than being forced to describe in detail the abuse in front of people and to face the abuser again, which might prove just as traumatic as the abuse itself.

Slightly off-topic, I do think that the "sex offender list" is just another US "witch-hunt" craze. You get far too easily on that list, it doesn't differentiate a 18 year old guy who had sex with a willing 17 year old from wannabe Basement Dads, plus the sentence itself should be punishment enough - public branding went out of fashion along with the Spanish Inquisition.

Plus, the trial was still unfair (biased prosecutor, biased judge & jurors and a forced plea bargain). Also, Polanski's whereabouts have been known for the past decades, so letting it lie and digging up the case only now is not only unreasonable, it's also clearly just a political vehicle some wannabe governor/senator/DA/Supreme Court judge/whatever who will abuse the "OMG THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" card.

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13-07-2010, 16:07:36 »
In Finland, rape requires the use of violence or threat of it, or drugging someone senseless. Sexual abuse is if the other party says "no" but still lets it happen, or has caused herself (himself) to be too intoxicated to say no.

fixed it for you.

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13-07-2010, 16:07:09 »
The reason for sex offender registration in the US is because the rates of recidivism amongst rapists and pedophiles is massively high. Therefore, the registration databases serve as a warning to the general public.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 13-07-2010, 16:07:27 »
It also helps the persons that really regret it and want to change there lives to never get a decent job again and to be exclude from public life.