Author Topic: Polanski  (Read 3744 times)

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
Polanski
« on: 12-07-2010, 17:07:22 »
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/12/switzerland.polanski.extradition/index.html?hpt=T1

What the hell Switzerland?

Why are two European countries going out of their way to protect a convicted child rapist?

I don't care how good a director you are, how much of a cultural icon you are, whether or not you survived the holocaust or if your wife was murdered. A child rapist is still a child rapist.

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Polanski
« Reply #1 on: 12-07-2010, 17:07:17 »
Yeah, back from 33 years ago and the one who he raped doesn't want to judge him anymore.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-07-2010, 17:07:17 »
Still, what an asshole.

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-07-2010, 17:07:31 »
Still, what an asshole.

Yes he is.

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12-07-2010, 17:07:38 »
...and the one who he raped doesn't want to judge him anymore.

Does not matter in the eyes of the law. If we dropped charges against criminals every time the victim requested it, that would leave the door wide open for every criminal to either bribe or threaten their way out of a criminal conviction.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-07-2010, 17:07:27 »
Still, what an asshole.

Yes he is.

Perhaps it is time he gets a taste of his own medicine in prison.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #6 on: 12-07-2010, 17:07:39 »
You want a child to rape him?
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12-07-2010, 18:07:49 »
You want a child to rape him?

No, an elephant.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12-07-2010, 18:07:35 »
can we hire an elephant for the job? Maybe in some circus

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #9 on: 12-07-2010, 18:07:01 »
The Swiss rejected the American request because the United States did not supply all the legal records Switzerland requested
This is your reason.  Not a reason that makes sense to most people, but I think that the Swiss might be the sorts to treat paperwork with the same authority as Vogons.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #10 on: 12-07-2010, 18:07:31 »
I've heard of the man eating horses of Diomedes, the man eating pigs in Hannibal, man eating shark in Jaws, Cartman trained a pony to bite Scott tennermans weener off...

This is the first time I've heard of Megaraptors man raping elephants.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12-07-2010, 18:07:02 »
Polanski's case is a good example why "plea bargaining" is a crappy method of dealing justice. The accused can be pressured to admit guilt even though he would be innocent, but is afraid of biased judge/jurors or is unsure whether he can prove his innocence. As was the case with this case. Polanski cannot be guaranteed an impartial trial in the US, so he should not be extradited.

OMG CHILD R4P157 is quite lame, considering the circumstances. You have 70's "artsy" people partying, all drugged up, then there's some young groupie in the mix, all drugged up too. You ask for papers in that kind of situation? Please. I don't know the particulars in the US, but at least around here, bona fide gets you out of jail free - if you did not know, or were not supposed to know that she was underage, you cannot be convicted.

Sure, she was underage. Sure, she was under influence. Sure, she might have gotten second thoughts when she matured. But rape? As in the same league as Josef "Basement Dad" Friztl? Get real.

Question: which parent in their right mind lets their 13-year old into a party with nothing but adults there? What did they think their girl would do there, or what did they think that people would like to do with a willing young girl, discuss the state of European cinema, perhaps?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #12 on: 12-07-2010, 19:07:13 »
On a more serious note; things like this happen all the time. (Justice fuck ups I mean. But child rape probably too..)

Things that usually make people run amok over here is the new location where child rapists should live.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12-07-2010, 19:07:15 »
question is was it rape or not , and rape doesnt equal regretting it afterwards.
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate and fear, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12-07-2010, 19:07:52 »
Yeah but part of being an adult is being responsible enough not to get drugged up and then end up fucking a 13 year old child. And while I agree that many girls that age dress like common whores (I see it everyday at work) you certainly can tell that they are not legal.