Author Topic: some problems with the team balance in coop  (Read 7959 times)

Offline Zaenk

• View Profile
some problems with the team balance in coop
« on: 01-01-2011, 14:01:53 »
Hi guys, i have some problems with the balance of bots in the coop-mode.
i tried to search in the forum, but i didn't found anything useful :/

the situation is the following:
i start a coop-game in LAN with 18 bots (because we are 2 human players an want 10 against 10). team balancing is off, an the ratio of bots is 50. map: Siege of Giarabub - 64.
but ingame there are 21 bots for Australia and 10 bots for Italy. :/
(its not the problem to handle the game with all the bots ;) )
but the number of bots doesn't work how it should... an not only on this map.

i also tried the BF2 server launcher, but then i can't even find the server :(

i've FH 2.3 (BF2 on 1.5 patched)

i hope anyone can help me, because FH2 is a really good game :)
PS: I hope you understand my English. its not so good, cause I'm from germany.

Greetings and a happy new Year ;)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: some problems with the team balance in coop
« Reply #1 on: 01-01-2011, 14:01:55 »
I moved this to single player forums, people here know most about bots, I presume.

Happy new year to you too.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline YaPh1l

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-01-2011, 15:01:47 »
This almost drove me crazy, so I made a little program that helps me (files attached). Put the two files from the ZIP archive in the BF2 install directory and launch "Bf2CoopRegulator.exe". Select the mod (fh2) and the maximum number of bots (this is the number of all bots, both teams together), click "Start". In the BF2 server options, select bot ratio 100 and set bot count to the number of bots on team 1. Team 2 will get the remaining number of bots, so that the maximum number is reached.
In your case: Set maximum bots (in my app) to 18, bot ratio 100 (always), bot count 9.
Warning: This program changes AIDefault.ai file (it will not make a backup, this is up to you). It is not recommended to use high numbers of bots on slower machines. You may need to install .NET Framework 2 f it isn't already installed.

Hope it helps, Phil.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-01-2011, 05:01:14 »
My settings is at 47, it balances between the allies and axis team perfectly (i set at 56 bots, and it divides 28-28 perfectly).

Offline Zaenk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-01-2011, 09:01:28 »
@YaPh1l: thanks, this works great :) but is it possible to get more than 32 bots?

@ZooMotorpool: that doesn't work in my game.  and how did you get 56 bots? ingame i can only set at 48 bots. is there a kind of patch for more bots?

maybe the balance problem will be fixed in an official FH2patch. would be great for this great game ;)

Offline YaPh1l

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-01-2011, 12:01:05 »
I think the bot count  and bot ratio slider as well as the bot calculations are hardcoded, so you can't fix this until EA releases BF2 source code. You can get mor than 32 bots with my app. Open up the "Bf2CoopRegulator.exe.config" with notepad and look for MaxBotCount (not BotCount), should be the last entry:
Code: [Select]
<setting name="MaxBotCount" serializeAs="String">
    <value>32</value>
</setting>
Set it to whatever you like and my app will use this value as the limit. I got up to 96 bots with this, but on slow machines more than 32 bots may cause lags and more than 64 players (bots + humans) will cause weird nametag bugs and maybe other things I don't know about. It is not possible to balance more than 96 bots since bot count max is 48.

Phil.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03-01-2011, 17:01:51 »
Hi,

To add more bots please follow this thread.

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=11170.msg145596;topicseen#msg145596

You can technically add as many as 64 bots to your game, more than that will significantly reduce your computer performance.

Offline Zaenk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04-01-2011, 18:01:06 »
thanks a lot for your help. ;)
i will test out how many bots my Machine will take...

i think some maps with 64 bots would end in all out of war :D really heavy fights ;)
nice action for the next LAN-Party :)

Offline 4Edge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05-01-2011, 12:01:25 »
Zaenk - did this work for you in the end?

Offline Zaenk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12-01-2011, 20:01:45 »
until today I only tried the  coopRegulator from Phil. ans this program works great for me ;)

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 23-05-2011, 19:05:15 »
I have not tried the util yet but I'd like to be clear on this as I intend to start a page on the FH wiki to clear up these kind of confusions.

I've worked out how to start a Coop game with over 100 bots and with full size (64) maps, all running on those separate CPU cores. However I've hit this limit of 48 bots to one side if you have over 64 bots. However this thread seems to suggest that the limit only applies at the start of the game . So the server balances the sides as bots die, respawn and are moved to the other team. I'll do some testing myself but have other players found that this is the case ?

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23-05-2011, 19:05:47 »
I tried more than 48 bots, it works. But some of the bots will stuck at the base or their relative spawn point, doing nothing. Probably that's the limit?

Currently I'm running 53 bots, odd number, to reserve a spot for me. And I have not found anything like you said Barney. They pretty much stayed on their squad and do exactly what they are best at (some are avid machine gun users, some spam AT kits, some camp vehicles, some stole anything to get on their way).

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 27-05-2011, 21:05:44 »
So are you saying that you have a balanced team, 50/50 ? All I can get if I set 108 bots is 61 in Team 1 and 48 in Team 2. I can change the settings to increase bots in Team 1 and reduce them in Team 2 but never the other way round. There is clearly no 48 limit because otherwise why are there 61 in Team 1 ? Unless there is another solution I think the answer is to use admin privileges to manually balance the bots.

EDIT: I tried this with the dedicated server download and I suddenly got 49 on the other team ? Was this because of autobalance ? Anyway I had to stop so I'll test this later.
« Last Edit: 28-05-2011, 00:05:03 by DJ Barney »