Author Topic: What if FH moved to another game?  (Read 713 times)

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
What if FH moved to another game?
« on: 25-01-2012, 16:01:28 »
Ok... So i was wondering if the FH team has given some thought about a new game coming about called Heroes & Generals.  I know alot of you know about the game, even some developers.  Now if your registered to the website and read they say they are possibly going to back the mod community for their game. IF this game turns out to be a smash hit  when its final what would the FH team think of it if mod tools came about? Perhaps a thought of moving over to it? New player base, more players. The BF2 community is dying, and dont come back and yell at me " hey you dont help when you say that community is dying"  Tough its true.. BF2 doesnt have nearly as many players. And even for that statement ill put on a flame suit.  What ever..i'm just wondering if any of the dev team have given this a thought.

http://www.heroesandgenerals.com/landing/ 
« Last Edit: 25-01-2012, 17:01:36 by Neighbor Kid »
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: What if FH moved to another game?
« Reply #1 on: 25-01-2012, 17:01:56 »
First off, this topic has been discussed to DEATH and a minor SEARCH will probably locate like 4 or 5 threads about this with ALL you need to know about that...

Secondly, I'd rather see the Pacific here some day thank you very much, rather than move to some uber graphic engine with 100 % destruction but ALOT more time spent on development, until someone in 2020 tells the then-devs, why dont we move to a 2019 engine, this one blows....There is also the little fact that any shiny new engine may have a limit of like 5 vehicles, no aircrafts, even spaceir-age aicraft handling and tank motion, no 2 faces for one faction etc.

I dunno, just my 2-cents.
« Last Edit: 25-01-2012, 17:01:28 by djinn »

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25-01-2012, 17:01:12 »
First off, this topic has been discussed to DEATH and a minor SEARCH will probably locate like 4 or 5 threads about this with ALL you need to know about that...

Secondly, I'd rather see the Pacific here some day thank you very much, rather than move to some uber graphic engine with 100 % destruction and but ALOT more time spent on development, until someone in 2020 tells the then-devs, why dont we move to a 2019 engine, this one blows....

I dunno, just my 2-cents.

i actually did a search and it came back with nothing though i did find this other H&G thread in off topic after i posted this.  your 2 cents coulda been nicer.. but idgaf..  id rather have a game in which i could log on and see many servers that are joinable with decent ping then have the pacific front. thank you very much.
« Last Edit: 25-01-2012, 17:01:26 by Neighbor Kid »
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-01-2012, 17:01:02 »
I hope hitboxes will be fixed anyway...

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
« Reply #4 on: 25-01-2012, 17:01:26 »
Well, Heroes and Generals is in Alpha stage so it's a bit far fetched at the moment.. I am wondering though, has Reto-Moto stated that they will release mod tools or are considering the possibility of making it mod-able, and if so can you point me to where that is stated? I'm not seeing how exactly it'd fit into their plan but I'm interested nevertheless..

Otherwise, yeah, we do know of it but have not considered moving to it, to begin with only because we don't have a clue if it'll be mod-able.

Offline CologneSky

• with FH since the very beginning! (FH 0.5b baby!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25-01-2012, 18:01:46 »
Just checked the website. While it looks 'good' graphic-wise, it does not lool 'uber-fantastic-good', meaning not as good as other games available (BF3, Crysis 2, etc).

If FH would ever switch (don't know if feasible and/or realistic) it should switch to an 'uber-engine', because other given the long development time, an average engine would be out-dated rather soon..

Just my 2 (€) cents.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25-01-2012, 18:01:55 »
Of course the FH2 developers think about moving to different games, but there are a large number of problems with switching over to a new game.

First of all, as you noted, moving to a game that isn't out yet brings with it some uncertainties. Yes, sure, if the game is a hit and if the developers decide to support mods it might be a good idea. But we won't know this until the game is released, which might be years from now, if it even gets released. And even if we suppose it gets released, is a hit and provides marvellous support for mods, then it will take years to port all our content (making new content is totally out of the question, there aren't enough developers) and on top of that, all our existing maps would be useless, so they'd have to be started from scratch, which again will also take years.

Moving to a new game is such a huge commitment, that there simply isn't room for any uncertainties.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25-01-2012, 18:01:38 »
Instead of "uber graphics" engine I'd rather see next FH on an engine that allows awesome flying physics, proper view distance, more realistic tank damage (tracks,engine etc.), placement of  LMGs on sandbags, windows and whatnot.Devs are doing amazing job on BF2 engine, but you know what i mean, no more "engine limitation" this and that.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25-01-2012, 18:01:42 »
Well 50% of the time, "engine limitations" is just a way to shut up stupid ideas.  ;)

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25-01-2012, 19:01:34 »
Heroes and Generals devs have not said anything regarding mod tools, so i dont know where have you found such a statement....

/offtopic

Do people still open threads with "what if's" regarding FH future ?

Thats so 2005...   ;D