Author Topic: French Hope  (Read 114619 times)

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
Re: French Hope
« Reply #675 on: 08-05-2012, 12:05:05 »
What have I started  :'(

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: 08-05-2012, 13:05:41 »
Which now wont end with your asking  ::)

Just start talking about regular French Hope stuff, and it ends.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 08-05-2012, 13:05:48 »
Actually, if you are active on the forum long enough, yer... you kinda know your shit, Kwiot

1000+ (Let alone 5000+) posts means you are active enough on the forum to speak with confidence. Being a BT is just an added bonus.

Now can we fiukin move back to the mod??

No, I have over 1000 hours played this game, so... But if we are listening to the forum spammers... Yeah, not surprised that this mod is heading into nowhere...  ::)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: 08-05-2012, 13:05:42 »
Actually, if you are active on the forum long enough, yer... you kinda know your shit, Kwiot

1000+ (Let alone 5000+) posts means you are active enough on the forum to speak with confidence. Being a BT is just an added bonus.

No, I have over 1000 hours played this game, so... But if we are listening to the forum spammers... Yeah, not surprised that this mod is heading into nowhere...  ::)

Statistically, those who have that many posts have been here since like 2005? And have been playing Fh1 through Fh 2.0 till now....

Information about the game flows through the devs forum, the beta tester forum, the public forum (past and present) and the little meaningles chats ingame.

So if you  want to limit yourself to information about French Hope, Fh2 and how gameplay is only by opinions online, that's cool. But all I'm saying is, there's a bit more to knowledge about the mod than just that.

And seriously, this mod is going nowhere? I - DIDN'T - KNOW - THAT. I'm sure those who said it in 2007 when the mod seemed to be taking forever to be released were saying the same thing then (5 years ago)

We outlive such comments mate. And that's simply because the devs make some good shit.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 08-05-2012, 14:05:27 »

Statistically, those who have that many posts have been here since like 2005? And have been playing Fh1 through Fh 2.0 till now....

Information about the game flows through the devs forum, the beta tester forum, the public forum (past and present) and the little meaningles chats ingame.

So if you  want to limit yourself to information about French Hope, Fh2 and how gameplay is only by opinions online, that's cool. But all I'm saying is, there's a bit more to knowledge about the mod than just that.

And seriously, this mod is going nowhere? I - DIDN'T - KNOW - THAT. I'm sure those who said it in 2007 when the mod seemed to be taking forever to be released were saying the same thing then (5 years ago)

We outlive such comments mate. And that's simply because the devs make some good shit.

Tell me 1 thing - has the player base increased or decreased lately? I've noticed that there is less and less players each day on online servers...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 08-05-2012, 14:05:41 »
There are always down times.
That's why I specifically gave the example of 2007. The community had been waiting for FH2 since 2005/6 and had absolutely NO versions come out for that long. ALOT of gloom and doom was predicted, but the community survived just as it has now when 2.0 was released finally.

FOr about 3 - 4months of troll posts, the devs finally decided to 'discipline' the community.
They stopped posting updates altogether.

Do you see? In the end, quality has its own followers. It may have content sure, and alot of good maps. But more than anything, its the history of the mod, the dedicated fans that have been here for so long and the sheer quality of contents that make FH2 survive.

There always the casual fans with short attention spans, but with each release, you get new ones of those. We generally don't get overly excited. They will come and go each season.

But we manage to always have 2 decently filled servers - HSLAN and 762. And one usually fills up to 64players.

Will FH2 last for a 1000 years? Probably not.
Will it even last for another 2 years? maybe, maybe not. Its an old engine.
But for the time being, we're still going strong :)

And while the devs work hard on the Russian front, let's see what that release, or the ones between now and then do to the numbers, shall we?
« Last Edit: 08-05-2012, 14:05:09 by djinn »

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: 08-05-2012, 14:05:53 »
So the main assumption is the destination of this mod are only loyal players who don't mind waiting 1 year for the next release?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: 08-05-2012, 15:05:58 »
No. they are just the mainstay. The backbone of ANY mod. It when those start to fail, that you have to be worried. The rest will come and go, even if a release was made every 7 days.

But we digress. I am simply saying, FH2 is not going to Hell just yet.
You don't know how much content is in the next patch, so you don't know the kind of boost it will give the mod. All we're seeing is the waiting timing.

We still have 1.5 full servers, sometimes 2 full servers, sometimes more.

Now can we get back to French Hope.
I really want them to talk to those who organized the naval battles so we can experience this online.

Then we might just have more servers up, ei, Kwiot  ;)

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 08-05-2012, 16:05:00 »
Anyway, let's not argue about trivial matters. It really isn't conducive to a good community and a good community is what FH2 needs (and for the most part, has). What maps are confirmed to be in this mod?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #684 on: 08-05-2012, 16:05:10 »

What is this? Some sort of contest? The fact that I'm a tetabester means nothing about what I say on the forums and frankly I don't see what playing time has to do with that. I tried out FH1 in 2006 and found out that FH2 was released in January 2008 so my hours can easily match up to that.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 08-05-2012, 17:05:51 »
Anyway, let's not argue about trivial matters. It really isn't conducive to a good community and a good community is what FH2 needs (and for the most part, has). What maps are confirmed to be in this mod?

this

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 08-05-2012, 20:05:33 »
 Just pool all the resources together and at least finish 1 map.

8)

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: 08-05-2012, 20:05:49 »
Snoox has a great map in the mod already (Eppeldorf) and had the best french map imo, I hope he finishes it someday.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: 09-05-2012, 12:05:19 »
i will never let Stonne go to waste.  ;)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: 09-05-2012, 13:05:16 »
For a sec I read 'I will never be stoned and wasted'

And I agreed.

OT,
I'd love to see your map, Sn00x. Has this already been showed, or do you have screenshots?

I've always thought your maps had such personality, like Bloody gulch.