Author Topic: French Hope  (Read 115096 times)

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
Re: French Hope
« Reply #570 on: 24-11-2011, 22:11:49 »

We all appreciate your hard work in making these maps. A fantastic job indeed.

For what i played in the 126 player week, i have noticed that with a bit of work all maps could be very easily enter the FH2 standards, but unfortunatly nowadays its all talk and no help by some people.   ::)

Im eager to play the maps again, especially if its in a ForgottenHonor campaign with the teamwork that it deserves.

Best of luck to you all and if you need any kind of help/support for the project do not hesitate to contact me. 

Offline musska

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 24-11-2011, 22:11:28 »
Maps on your hands, i know they will find some love ! Respect !

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 24-11-2011, 22:11:25 »
Wouldn't it be possible to resize Sedan and Stonne to 1024? I guess the heightmap can, but the color and detail? if so that's half the job, then it's placing objects wich should be less than it was before anyway?

Offline musska

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 24-11-2011, 23:11:05 »
Original mapper of Sedan, named "le Griffu", lost hope faith & charity a long time ago, i was a bit stronger to fight & push the project, and La Varde is so special for me, so i reworked Sedan to fit desiderata, loosing a member by sneaky reason, motivated by the situation you must admit.

I'll polish maps for the test, that's all i can do anymore.

Stonne isn't in our hands from longtime too, as far as remember the state of the map...
Blackhawk yur traditionnal joke ;) hard to joke in this time, black humour will be "blackhawk's fall sometimes"

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
« Reply #574 on: 25-11-2011, 00:11:24 »
I checked the maps out during your public event and they were quite nice.

WaW would definately be interested in using some of them in our campaign. It would be a shame to let all the work in the maps and models go to waste.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: 25-11-2011, 01:11:29 »

We all appreciate your hard work in making these maps. A fantastic job indeed.

For what i played in the 126 player week, i have noticed that with a bit of work all maps could be very easily enter the FH2 standards, but unfortunatly nowadays its all talk and no help by some people.   ::)

Im eager to play the maps again, especially if its in a ForgottenHonor campaign with the teamwork that it deserves.

Best of luck to you all and if you need any kind of help/support for the project do not hesitate to contact me.

from my OWN personal experience, these "standards" where suddenly shot so high up in the sky you wont even believe it, FH team need people, sadly some people suddenly bolted themself to the believes that "HEY! lets wrap up the standard even higher and not let new people in!! even though we need them!!!"

yes this is the sad truth.

Offline musska

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 25-11-2011, 02:11:07 »
Not to turn knife into scar but Snoox i must say thank, i think i can speak for all my dirty bastards !

Hostile majority of Dev team, with all my respects , europe still be fighting if we all act lik' that !

A thousand sorry to Seth Soldier if i put you in a bad  whatever, my thoughts only the last sentence, with all my short 30 years of life experience i assume what i say, how megalomaniac it could be sound.

Sorry, rough, could be , must be said , sure ! without anger i hope we achieved it, like our grand-daddy's 2 generations ago.

Ring "la marseillaise in reggae" for me & Natty, war song "retaken" in reggae by a french artist called " Serge Gainsbourg" , tracked by Germany under the war when he was a child, fuck Brigitte Bardot my fellas !! a Man.

Yeah maybe on this musical point we could speak the same language Natty & enjoy a passion ...

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 25-11-2011, 05:11:00 »
NO! !!!  :-[ This HAD SO MUCH POTENTIAL! We had a dedicated team working on maps, with the full enthusiasm of the entire community! WAW and FH can save this, I hope!
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 25-11-2011, 07:11:27 »
Its not fair to say Natty was the only one who was not satisfied by your Maps, cause its not true.

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: 25-11-2011, 09:11:45 »
Sure, say that is not true.

BUT WHO WANT TO SEE THEM IN A BETTER STATE ????????

That's the point ;)
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 25-11-2011, 12:11:03 »
Great seeing you all make this personal and whatnot. Dragging something into the public domain when you had communication problems internally isn't really the best strategy.

CptdeS35, have you even read Knoffhoff's explanation in the internal forums?

Sad days indeed. :'(
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline musska

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: 25-11-2011, 12:11:46 »
You might wonder how fair was this for us, secondly i not say that all your maps were fantastic and must have been in fh2, that will be highly pretentious.

I've read all and is contrary with Natty's post, on other subject too but that's not the point, you know i really have prefered rough line on minimap we shown than rough words  a year about what we shown, why the hell i should be kind with this kind of interlocutor.

Unfortunately i don't graduate in the famous "design anything without a clue about it" high school, so you must show me, at least once , after some years on editor, max & toshop i think i could understand.

So if Natty is not the only blocking & upsetters element, explain me why on the 9 choices , none maps could pretend be cooked with your magic ingredient to quit the "random" status of the maps.

I'm all ears & the team too, enlight us how you made the miracle, give us that at least for the time we passed on it, then it will be "fair"...

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 25-11-2011, 12:11:55 »
Theres no reason to discuss this here in the Puby Forums.
Answers there given in the Intern Forums, this is here more like torches and pitchfork against some Devs.

Tbh. now there its canceled i read more from French Hope Members then in the last Year :p

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 25-11-2011, 13:11:46 »
Give us the right for the private forum, them i will see this message on our maps and we will not discuss on the puby forum.

As it's the only way to discuss with the devs for us ...

Internal communications problems was not between members of the french hope...
« Last Edit: 25-11-2011, 13:11:18 by CptdeS35 »
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 25-11-2011, 14:11:45 »
Everyone, please pause for a moment and take a deep breath.

Honestly, if two maps are said to be unsuitable as such, is that a reason to stop development for the others as well?

Honestly, if they don't meet the "standard", well, they are still work in progress, and the maps now in FH2 have varying levels of "standard", even on the Western Front. Raising the bar higher still for all new entrants simply deprives the mod of much-needed content.

Too much work? For whom?

Please behave, everyone, and come to a more constructive resolution to this drama.