Author Topic: French Hope  (Read 114802 times)

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
Re: French Hope
« Reply #285 on: 06-01-2011, 02:01:37 »
Hi guys ! Since i've got a new pc, i can now help you as modeler/mapper. just tell me what to do, what kind of tools to use, ...

Wouldn't you prefer working with NML?  We plan on having not only French, but Turks and maybe even Russians someday.

@ French Hope Team:

Offline TheRevoluzer

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 06-01-2011, 02:01:59 »
@the warrior

why dont you all team up, then the chance of people play the mod raises

It would be even much better, if it would be integrated into normal FH2 which would attract more attention and more players to play  ;)

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 06-01-2011, 02:01:38 »
@the warrior

It would be even much better, if it would be integrated into normal FH2 which would attract more attention and more players to play  ;)

Yeah right... a mod about WW1 and other about French in WW2... 2 different thing... so not a good idea.

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #288 on: 06-01-2011, 02:01:43 »
@the warrior

Yeah right... a mod about WW1 and other about French in WW2... 2 different thing... so not a good idea.

unless we exchange models like customized buildings or equipment used in both eras that a simple reskin would make appropriate. That sound okay?

Offline Alakazou

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 06-01-2011, 02:01:41 »
Very unlikely.

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #290 on: 06-01-2011, 02:01:36 »
Very unlikely.

Well, helmets for example.  From wat I've seen, the M-15 Adrienne and the 1926 models don't look all that different with the exception of the Colour and the badge.

Offline Alakazou

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 06-01-2011, 03:01:56 »
Maybe, but maybe it's allready done, but I'm not a dev, just a tester, but I don't think so.

So many but. ;D

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 06-01-2011, 03:01:24 »
@the warrior

It would be even much better, if it would be integrated into normal FH2 which would attract more attention and more players to play  ;)

unless we exchange models like customized buildings or equipment used in both eras that a simple reskin would make appropriate. That sound okay?

sorry, this aint gonna happen :-\

Offline TheRevoluzer

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 06-01-2011, 11:01:07 »
But it sucks, if I want to play one of the 3 mods I need to launch each one and see if there are players online, which will be unlikely, as there are around 100 people playing online.
It would be much easier, if FH2, French Hope and No Mans Land would be in one Mod.
Also if it are 2 different scenarios, it doesn't matter. Then you 191* maps and 194* maps.
As I stated, there won't be many players online, especially because you need to extra download everything and you aren't that popular as FH. I don't want demotivate you, but I want you to suggest something.
French Hope for instance could create a Moddb-Page to increase the number of people knowing it.
The only important thing is, that the quality of content is as high as FH2's. I wouldn't like to have XWWII pacific in FH2, I would wait some years for the real FH2 pacific, because their quality isn't hiqh standard, also if so intended...

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 06-01-2011, 12:01:43 »
You do realize minimods can be added into mods which will in no way change the mod itself and will only be loaded on a map-per-map basis?
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Alakazou

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 06-01-2011, 13:01:55 »
But it sucks, if I want to play one of the 3 mods I need to launch each one and see if there are players online, which will be unlikely, as there are around 100 people playing online.
It would be much easier, if FH2, French Hope and No Mans Land would be in one Mod.
Also if it are 2 different scenarios, it doesn't matter. Then you 191* maps and 194* maps.
As I stated, there won't be many players online, especially because you need to extra download everything and you aren't that popular as FH. I don't want demotivate you, but I want you to suggest something.
French Hope for instance could create a Moddb-Page to increase the number of people knowing it.
The only important thing is, that the quality of content is as high as FH2's. I wouldn't like to have XWWII pacific in FH2, I would wait some years for the real FH2 pacific, because their quality isn't hiqh standard, also if so intended...

I think you don't understand the purpose of French Hope, they make the map, the dev approve the map, the map are included ingame and VoilĂ , we have french ingame. But no man lands it's not exactly the same thing, they make a mini mod. It will be a great mini mod based on a great mod. But I think their ultime goal isnt to be included in FH2 but to be a great WW1 mod.

Offline TheRevoluzer

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 06-01-2011, 14:01:41 »
Ah, ok now thats different if you are "only" mapping and this will be included in the FH2 build  ;D

Regarding NML, nothing would stop them from being a great WW1 game if included in FH2.
Maybe if there are some vital changes to FH gameplay, which I dont know.

But now, I think all is a little bit clearer to me and we can get back to the topic.

Offline Alakazou

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 06-01-2011, 15:01:08 »
Hum, I have to clarify something, I'm not a french hope dev, only a tester for them and I don't know that much, Say them and not you ^^

Offline TheRevoluzer

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 06-01-2011, 15:01:53 »
Therefor i posted it in the tread  ;)

I didn't know that, because it stands nowhere as I read the first post again.

Offline Johannes

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 07-01-2011, 06:01:43 »

Well, helmets for example.  From wat I've seen, the M-15 Adrienne and the 1926 models don't look all that different with the exception of the Colour and the badge.

The model 1915 and 1926 Adrian helmets look quite different. The only part that is really similar is the crest on top. The 1915 type has a fat line running between the visor and the shell where it was welded together, and lacks visible rivets on the exterior due to the different internal lining system. In addition, the 1926 model is more elongated, while the 1915 was more circular.

That being said, I imagine that other than the circular shape all the details could be differentiated via the textures.

About a quarter of the troops in 1940 still wore 1915 helmets, but repainted in the olive drab color. Paradoxically, about three quarters of the Adrian 1926 helmets still used the 1915 badges painted in olive drab; the round type introduced in 1937 that you see everywhere now only became very common during the Vichy regime, which is even more ironic when one realizes the symbol "RF" no longer even made sense.

Other things to beware of:

-Proper Adrian 1926 chinstraps in 1940 used brass rivets. The aluminum riveted chinstraps you see on sale everywhere weren't introduced until Vichy.

-Until 1940, the Adrian 1926 liners were dyed black. Probably beginning in 1940, they were left in natural brown (some collectors would argue that only black liners are proper, but I have color photos of captured troops in 1940 with brown liners). Most Adrian 1926 liners on sale today are brown (not even I own a black one; one of mine is postwar, the other is undated), and most are postwar, but in 1940 almost all should be black.
« Last Edit: 07-01-2011, 06:01:00 by Johannes »