Author Topic: AWARDS  (Read 22244 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: AWARDS
« Reply #150 on: 18-08-2011, 16:08:51 »
I suppose.

I did note a problem on one of the Server using the Official Awards. It kept given me an Iron Cross 3rd Class... At least twice each round for doing nothing whatsoever.

And I heard from others they got other awards for doing nothing at all, sometimes, the exact same award multiple times. And seeing that I HAVE that award on my Awards page now, and I really shouldn't, I think I must consider the current Stats for the FH2 Awards as suspect.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 18-08-2011, 16:08:04 »
Why shouldn't you have it? your stats page says you played and won enough as germany.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 18-08-2011, 16:08:02 »
But I didn't. I sat there on Hurtgen with my squad lying in wait with an MG, and had it appear out of nowhere. Then again, later in that match. And on the next map i.e. Totalize...

I'm sure I have been online for that long and/ or had my side win that many times, but it appeared again and again, and on different maps. Had someone say, they won bronze for the mortar again and again also.

that's why I wonder if i can take the Awards on the site as all Valid.
« Last Edit: 18-08-2011, 16:08:19 by djinn »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 18-08-2011, 16:08:28 »
You have to win 10 games in the German team and spend 10 hours in it. My guess is that mg waiting in hurtgen forest was when you hitt he ten hour mark.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 18-08-2011, 16:08:19 »
Oh, now I respect that. But the fact that it came coming back again and again is all...

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 18-08-2011, 16:08:00 »
Yeah that happens sometimes. What counts is on the awards page.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 18-08-2011, 16:08:49 »
Ok... As long as it doesn't mean false awards are awarded for no merit, I am ok.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 18-08-2011, 18:08:05 »
I have to agree with you. That IS another plus for 762. generally better Teamplay. HSLAn... well.. HSLAN is now 'Pubby', a bunch of non-related players doing their own thing.

Yes, and I'm a big blue flying elephant with purple wings. You must think Unique is one hell of a player then.

But to each his own, I'd rather test a minefield then join that shady server.

What a constructive comment. Everybody knows, that Unique is tankwhore, a player you can find on every server. Btw: You are lucky if you are in a team with him. When he is a squadleader, he drives near to the flags and provides a good spawnpoint and gives some support fire. He is just good at tanking. If he is in the enemy team, you have to use teamwork to get him down - it is that easy.

And about the strict rules: What is bad about kicking players who tk for fun or for vehicles, or may it be for revenge? The rules are clear for everyone and provide a fair game. I speak alot with the admins. They have banns and kicks nearly every day, because some players seem to have their own rules. It is a reason, why Sidi Rezegh was soooooooo nice on the last GN.
So have fun with these players on Hslan or somewhere else, because they will give you a nice experience.
Btw: you won't find players, who insult other ones or have these nice little nicks as "himmler88" or whatelse - they get first warned and then kicked or banned. So before judging without haven't played on 762 since the release of 2.4, you should join the server and see how "terrible" and "bad" it is on 762. ;)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 18-08-2011, 19:08:14 »
My only gripe is the Admin rules. I can be on arty and given good spots, some are however 'danger-close' especially when trying to support infantry at the church on Port En Bessin. TKs are hard to avoid with CQB going on in the trenchline, right at the mouth of the church and the befry changing hands so often.

I think such things ought to be determined by a kick vote and NOT an auto-kick after a number of teamkills.

I think I also once used the expression 'Cocked and ready to fire!' and I got kicked for the word 'Cock'

Some things require human intervention really.

It may not even be 762, but that is one of my biggest gripes with it... My BIGGEST though IS the Award systems. And I for one, have come to realize that I prefer the Fh2 official awards. It is harder to get awards, so personally I must say, i don't buy the argument that the new awards system just make people play for trinkets. It was probably the same when 762 got thiers first.

Its about early-excitiment. It wears away, and people stasrt to focus on what's important.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 18-08-2011, 19:08:04 »
My only gripe is the Admin rules. I can be on arty and given good spots, some are however 'danger-close' especially when trying to support infantry at the church on Port En Bessin. TKs are hard to avoid with CQB going on in the trenchline, right at the mouth of the church and the befry changing hands so often.

I think such things ought to be determined by a kick vote and NOT an auto-kick after a number of teamkills.

I think I also once used the expression 'Cocked and ready to fire!' and I got kicked for the word 'Cock'

Some things require human intervention really.

It may not even be 762, but that is one of my biggest gripes with it... My BIGGEST though IS the Award systems. And I for one, have come to realize that I prefer the Fh2 official awards. It is harder to get awards, so personally I must say, i don't buy the argument that the new awards system just make people play for trinkets. It was probably the same when 762 got thiers first.

Its about early-excitiment. It wears away, and people stasrt to focus on what's important.

They don't kick instantly for TK on 762. Only for teamkills on purpose. You can't avoid it to make TK in this mod, but after a -18 score you should think about, what you did wrong. I for one leave the mortar and try to help my team on another way. To check the targets and the map also helps alot - but thats enough of explaination. So see you on the server next time  ;)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 18-08-2011, 23:08:13 »
So before judging without haven't played on 762 since the release of 2.4, you should join the server and see how "terrible" and "bad" it is on 762. ;)
If you indeed have organized and gotten rid of the "bad apples" from 2.3 days, I will definitely give the 762 a try - as soon as it starts to support the official ranking system ;)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 19-08-2011, 13:08:08 »
So before judging without haven't played on 762 since the release of 2.4, you should join the server and see how "terrible" and "bad" it is on 762. ;)
If you indeed have organized and gotten rid of the "bad apples" from 2.3 days, I will definitely give the 762 a try - as soon as it starts to support the official ranking system ;)

This is something, you won't see. Most people don't understand, that 762 Ranking is not only for Forgotten Hope. It provides Ranking for nearly every big BF2 mod since 2008. There are included PoE, EoD, PR, FH and OPK. So that would mean, that there work is useless anymore. Please try to understand this.

And for the good sake: I join the 762 server (also others, don't worry), because I have a very good gaming experience there and not for the awards. When will people understand, that the main value of this mod are not the shiny little stars? They are a nice addon, but not the sense of the game. So really hope to see you on the servers for good fun.

And you could be sure, that there is mostly a responsible admin around. There is not much space for "bad apples" or how you call them. I had some nice rounds yesterday with some nice people and good gameplay. ;)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 19-08-2011, 13:08:47 »
But the work they have done IS useless now. Try to understand this.

I was a good boy who used to play on 762 back in the day, mainly due it was the only place where I could play outside our testing sessions. So naturally I didnt give two shits about their system back then as I am not a stats-prostitute, nevertheless I had very good games on 762 in several occasions. So my gaming experience there mixed with both good and bad, despite the fact that the server had their awards system as that fact didnt move me either way.

Now with 2.4 I see 762 as a stubborn part of this fair community who refuses to play by the mod's rules. Instead they sport their own style. If we had thousands and thousands of players, I wouldnt mind this since thats usually the case on many games that have loads of players. Since our community is small, I would much rather see unity in the subject of awards rather than have 762's in their own league and Official's in theirs. Right now the situation is in a stalemate. We cannot join together hand to hand just because the other player next to you might be "one of them".

And while I still dont play FH2 just so I could have jpg's added to my players profile, I play it because it is a great mod, I do think that it would benefit everyone if all of us had the same playground. Then we'd possibly have more player options in regards of servers. How I've understood this, and please do correct me if Im wrong, that the community is split into two just because of two systems. Players who like their shiny in 762 are waiting in line for their servers and players who have their shinies in official ranking are waiting in line for HSLAN. With just one system, people could just pick a server that has ranks on and join that instead of waiting for a spot that might never come.

If I have to pick a server, its either a server that runs official stats or none at all. To me false "bling" doesnt mean anything, even less than the official does.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 19-08-2011, 14:08:22 »
^Yep, what Flippy said^

Im sure everyone who plays on 762 because of those "stats" would agree that DICE made a mistake by releasing booster-packs, thus splitting up the community:
-wanna play BF2?
-yea, awesome
join Multiplay.co.uk#3
- OK!
-,,,,,,,,,,?? cant join, missing map??
-uh.. you dont have armor fury..?
-duh...no?)

Well, they packed all that in to 1.5 and therefor unified the community & players. I personally, usually wait for hslan to let me in, even though I see one of the 762 is at 50/64 Im sure the opposite happens when 762 is 64/64 but hslan has 53/64

Just abolish the old stats, hop on the FH2 train and let's have fun together :)

Promise from me: after 2 weeks, the old stats will be forgotten, and everyone will be in synch with the official players.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 19-08-2011, 14:08:38 »
Please please drop the 762 system, atm HSLAN and one 762 server are felt. I dont join 762 since its not the official system and for nostalgic reasons, and its %^*( annoying having to wait for a spot in one server because the other lives its own rules without hearing the gods.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold