Author Topic: AWARDS  (Read 22235 times)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: AWARDS
« Reply #105 on: 09-08-2011, 20:08:18 »
Players would have been on HSLAN.

Sorry but... get real. Ive been in FHT, I know that FH would survive just fine without both tournaments. They are both awesome, but claiming that FH2 exists because of them is megalomaniac and flat out wrong. No one else in FHT stands behind those suggestions so you should be a bit embarrassed for having said it.
It's a bit like saying BF2 wouldnt have a playerbase if it weren't for mods.

762 is not the reason for our playerbase still existing, but their stats system is what made players click on their server instead of on hslan, capiche? :-\

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 09-08-2011, 20:08:35 »
I open this thread again. If the fighting doesn't stop, I'll delete the whole thread.

Now, discussion about the award system. Go.
« Last Edit: 10-08-2011, 17:08:55 by Lightning »

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 10-08-2011, 23:08:20 »
Sorry but... get real. Ive been in FHT, I know that FH would survive just fine without both tournaments. They are both awesome, but claiming that FH2 exists because of them is megalomaniac and flat out wrong. No one else in FHT stands behind those suggestions so you should be a bit embarrassed for having said it.
It's a bit like saying BF2 wouldnt have a playerbase if it weren't for mods.

Just to correct you. What i said was my own opinion and it has nothing related to F|H like you assumed.

So next time be carefull before taking such assumptions.

Carry on.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 10-08-2011, 23:08:55 »
I would like an award for spotter plane pilots.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 11-08-2011, 00:08:05 »
Just coming back from a round on HSLAN, we had some guy asking why there are two different systems and why his rank was lower on HSLAN.

I had to explain him that his rank on 762 isnt really a "rank"

This is proof that 762 does not inform their players that their stats are unofficial. + the fact that their server name or webiste doesnt mention it. :-\

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 11-08-2011, 00:08:15 »
Someone should do a news update to explain those two system.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 11-08-2011, 00:08:17 »
Ya, I was right there. Actually the first time encountering Natty online tbh. Sad shame 762 doesn't convert. Just suspend theirs for the time being, and let's get the feedback we need to improve this one. It can even be upgraded in an update rather than in a Version release. But at least my score on 762 would count for something.

Truthfully though, I think what players are whining for is, why is it so tough to get a medal on the official system... Erm, because there a finite number of awards??

Without a tracker, I bet 762 has ALOT of people at highest awards, and that is the end of their progress.

The awards is the only aspect of 'unlocks' we have in FH2 = Really no need to make it so easy.

HSLAN is on 64 players most days, so I always dread having to go to 762, where my awards don't count. I really wish they'd just be part of the rest of the Forgotten Hope world.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 11-08-2011, 00:08:05 »
I would also play on 762 if they adapted our awards. They are good servers with fun playing on them, but it feels like wasted time when it's not counting on my Awards profile... And for me and other players that cant play every day for long hours, we really want to get all the data we can to our official Award site....

hslan should totally open a 2nd server as well  8)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 11-08-2011, 03:08:32 »
...wasted time when it's not counting on my Awards profile...

seriously?? the fact that you are playing and having fun killing, and enjoying your spare time is wasted just because you stop earning shiny pixel medals?

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 11-08-2011, 04:08:50 »
If you are going to play long term, why not play on servers that will record your stats? 900 hours down the road, it'll be cool to check out your rifle kills and etc.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 11-08-2011, 09:08:59 »
...wasted time when it's not counting on my Awards profile...

seriously?? the fact that you are playing and having fun killing, and enjoying your spare time is wasted just because you stop earning shiny pixel medals?

He said, 'gain data', but for players.... yer, earn a shiny pixel medal. That's why I am hesitant. Really, it could be on any server, so why play on the one with the least profit?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 11-08-2011, 09:08:31 »
We all have Magpie genes in us somewhere, so we all love shiny things.
...My precioussssss.... ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 11-08-2011, 12:08:15 »
You see only the surface. I could spend half a page educating you about player psychology but instead I will respect Ciupitas request and keep the thread clean. 8)

Offline ZaZZo2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 11-08-2011, 16:08:02 »
Damn, it's a long way from 14 hours up to 100  :P

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 11-08-2011, 21:08:06 »
This is just sad 60 something people being duped by the big shiny [RANKED] on the 762 servers and we can't fill the French Community Server... :'( :'( :'(
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off