Author Topic: Battlefield V  (Read 12788 times)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield V
« Reply #75 on: 11-09-2018, 17:09:19 »
https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/23/17385040/battlefield-5-character-customization-items

I heard that the game uses custom characters that you can design for your own use.

Is this true? Does this mean we can use anyone in the German team?

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 11-09-2018, 17:09:08 »
There is supposed to be full character customization, but I can't confirm any details since customization wasn't enabled in the open beta.

However this customization has been taken way too far and while traditional uniforms and equipment is available, there's also lots of (IMO) stupid stuff like pilot helmets, leather jackets, prostetic limbs, blue face paint, Asian women fighting in the British army, Allied soldier with a katana on his back, etc. Besides completely ruining immersion it's basically impossible to tell who on earth you ran into and in the beta I basically could only tell the teams apart at first glance because friendlies have a 3D HUD icon above them and enemies don't.

Vehicles will also be customizable with upgrades changing their appearance (long barrel or side skirts for the Panzer IV for example) and with cosmetic items such as flags, mascots, camo nets, improvised armor such as sandbags, etc.
« Last Edit: 11-09-2018, 17:09:33 by Sander93 »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 12-09-2018, 15:09:37 »
LOL, that is actually very brilliant. Imagine fighting as a black Nazi chick wearing officer's cap.

Everybody will feel like fighting their personal war in the World War 2-themed maps against a bunch of nobodies.

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 12-09-2018, 20:09:38 »
that's the point.

bfv is just a casual yolo game with just a minimal historical skin where the player can play an avatar that looks like them against others with various weapons and different anachronism to fit the gameplay (that's the reason why you semi auto-rifle like zh29 and turner prototype - because of the g43 specs  )
A casual game with a random context with a lifespan of 1 or 2 year before they release an other context and where player can grow their e-penis so they can show it to others.

Imo, they do it very well !

The only problem is they market it as a ww2 game whereas it is not the case
and this is the reason why people complain about anchronism

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 12-09-2018, 21:09:29 »
that's the point.

bfv is just a casual yolo game with just a minimal historical skin where the player can play an avatar that looks like them against others with various weapons and different anachronism to fit the gameplay (that's the reason why you semi auto-rifle like zh29 and turner prototype - because of the g43 specs  )
A casual game with a random context with a lifespan of 1 or 2 year before they release an other context and where player can grow their e-penis so they can show it to others.

Imo, they do it very well !

The only problem is they market it as a ww2 game whereas it is not the case
and this is the reason why people complain about anchronism

This.  All the this.  This is the same as BF1 and COD WW2- it's literally just a skin.

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 13-09-2018, 00:09:35 »
If they can't even get the UI right for PC, there's no way I'm buying this game.

Narvik was also just a infantry run&gun simulator as a map, does not impress. I just bought Insurgency for that kind of stuff, and it does it miles better. Maybe there will be a beta 2 with the push of release date, but based on this, it's simply not worth the money.
« Last Edit: 13-09-2018, 00:09:50 by Leopardi »

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 17-09-2018, 17:09:00 »
Anyone know if Natty still is part of the DICE team?

I feel this is a small wink to Forgotten Hope, but it can very well be just a coincidence.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 23-10-2019, 18:10:46 »
So the Pacific trailer just dropped:

https://youtu.be/LCZLabOywYU

Now I'm actually considering getting this. It fills the gap that was left by the never released on PC BF1943.

...Not to mention the uniforms finally look less offensive.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 24-10-2019, 00:10:41 »
Muuuuuch better trailer that time. Much less Mad Max style customization and some fun action scenes. Feels a bit more like WW2 in that one.

I’m sure one gripe people will have is the content. It sounds like only 3 maps so far (Iwo Jima, Paracel... aka Pacifc Storm  :P and Wake). And only a few new weapons to start; M1 and a Type 99, but having to wait some time before other things like the BAR and such. Wish they had more than just a Sherman for the Americans and a Ha-Go for the Japanese. The British and Germans get 3 each afaik. At least they have amphibious vehicles, that’ll spice things up. No big Ship vs Ship or moveable aircraft carrier stuff tho, which is what I was hoping they go for. But with the game being in as bad a state as it is, I’m not surprised they don’t have time for that stuff.

I hope this trailer and the eventual resurgence of the game doesn’t make people forget that DICE made a ton of mistakes during the pre launch and launch of the game that should be taken into consideration when the next EA/ DICE title rolls around.

Btw, people are much more active on the Discord if you wanna join there.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 26-04-2020, 02:04:35 »
So, EA pulled the plug on BFV. Final content drop will be in June, no new features or content beyond that besides weekly missions and fixing of critical vulnerabilities. "It's totally not a sunset game about to be shut down, plz buy season pass." Yeah, even the damage control sucks.

If only they had used the engine to make a WW2 shooter instead of a fantasy game.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 26-04-2020, 04:04:03 »
I'll say what I said in our discord about it; that I really do experience a bit of schadenfreude when I think about BFV shutting down. The way EA rushed the game, and the way the head DICE developers dismissed all criticism of their art direction as a bunch of chauvinist incels who hate women. I can't help but feel like those people deserve this outcome. Obviously, it sucks for the baseline devs who code/ model everything, but I'm sure they'll get put on another project. I feel like having this game crash and burn was the only way for DICE/EA to learn from their terrible launch (and their previous terrible launches) and maybe start to think about changing their procedures. God knows if they'll actually do that, but I really hope people are weary before buying BF6 or w/e comes next.

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 26-04-2020, 21:04:58 »
They also need to learn that they should focus all their effort on one core audience, namely multiplayer.
They had a horrible Singlplayer component, a horrible coop component and Battle Royale mode that was never supported.