Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 1st April 2010  (Read 17369 times)

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
Re: Forgotten Hope News Update: 1st April 2010
« Reply #45 on: 01-04-2010, 22:04:20 »
Well, we may just put it in, now that JumJum has agreed to handle our legal defence.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel xD

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 01-04-2010, 22:04:56 »
Wow, Spielberg must have fallen on hard times. In addition to not being able to spell his own name, he cannot afford a lawyer to send these letters out for him, or even a computer to print them. (Although perhaps the name gaff was a typo and he didn't have any white out.)

Is that a new map image from the (now banned) map, or is that from 0.7?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 01-04-2010, 22:04:43 »
it's from the FH2 version, which you will never see.

Offline Frnz.nl

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01-04-2010, 22:04:34 »
Stephen is Steven Spielberg's cousin? ;)

But damn you guys :P I was prepared for an April fools joke, but saying there will be no Ramelle Neuville isn't even funny ;)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 01-04-2010, 22:04:01 »
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 01-04-2010, 23:04:53 »
Oh come on there's got to be something better for paramount pictures to spend there time pursuing. How about the thousands of file-sharers they've been targeting en mass recently? Is part of that strategy also to target small game designers that have content inspired by their films?

I mean seriously way to go and disillusion your customers Paramount. First, you smack around movie lovers for trying to view your content, then you take away beloved maps from our games? I suggest we make a FH2 map taking place in the Paramount Main Headquarters and add the "human" and "lawyer" countries as playable armies. >:(

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01-04-2010, 23:04:08 »
yeah, that Cease and Desist letter was pretty well-made, compared to a real one.

Offline Folkhoer

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 01-04-2010, 23:04:25 »
Haha great update, I hope the map will be in black & white :D

Seriously now: will there be a Ramelle map? Or did you guys just made the screen for fun :)?

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #53 on: 01-04-2010, 23:04:48 »
Haha great update, I hope the map will be in black & white :D

Seriously now: will there be a Ramelle map? Or did you guys just made the screen for fun :)?

:P haha you fail. Its real.

Very nice update, aprilsfool turns into a teaser showup :) Very nice!

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 02-04-2010, 00:04:07 »
I did hate this map in FH1. Just stormed the bridge and got blown/shot to pieces halfway through.

But it's still sad that we won't see this, Perhaps the bf2 enginge would turn over my whole view on ramelle. And it's always sad to lose material like this.

I'd like to ask a question though.
Were there any problems like this when Ramelle was released for FH1?

Parts of me screams out "April fool's" about this, and having been tricked several times today already, I won't fall for this just yet. I think it's a joke.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #55 on: 02-04-2010, 00:04:39 »
:P haha you fail. Its real.
It WAS real :'(

Parts of me screams out "April fool's" about this, and having been tricked several times today already, I won't fall for this just yet. I think it's a joke.
Its not a joke.  Just like the Filefront debacle last year, it is just poorly timed.

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 02-04-2010, 00:04:37 »
Can we have more pictures of it ?  Or is it not ok with Stephen Spielberg either ? ;D
« Last Edit: 02-04-2010, 00:04:42 by Beaufort »

Offline Cadyshack

• Nanananananananana
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 02-04-2010, 00:04:04 »
Odd how they didn't do anything about the Ramelle map in FH1.

Also odd how they didn't pursue any joe schmoe who used SPR as inspiration for say, COD1 maps, SPR soldier skins, heck even the people who cut actual pieces of the movie to post on Youtube with a chance of editing in something.

I'd be more willing to believe hard drive crash, or "it's not just ready yet." I mean come on, if Ramelle didn't exist, why not call it Ellemar or *insert French name here*. Same effect.

I just can't bring myself to believe this for the "impeccable" timing with April Fools, the dubious letter, as well as Paramount's actual interest in this small of a case. Heck if it were true and it makes them happy, add a disclaimer in the load screen or on the map.

And the big thing people seem to forget is that FH2 is not making any money at all off of this. If Paramount were to sue someone, I'd expect it to be EA with EA knocking on our door.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 02-04-2010, 00:04:29 »
Odd how they didn't do anything about the Ramelle map in FH1.

Also odd how they didn't pursue any joe schmoe who used SPR as inspiration for say, COD1 maps, SPR soldier skins, heck even the people who cut actual pieces of the movie to post on Youtube with a chance of editing in something.

I'd be more willing to believe hard drive crash, or "it's not just ready yet." I mean come on, if Ramelle didn't exist, why not call it Ellemar or *insert French name here*. Same effect.

I just can't bring myself to believe this for the "impeccable" timing with April Fools, the dubious letter, as well as Paramount's actual interest in this small of a case. Heck if it were true and it makes them happy, add a disclaimer in the load screen or on the map.

And the big thing people seem to forget is that FH2 is not making any money at all off of this. If Paramount were to sue someone, I'd expect it to be EA with EA knocking on our door.
Exactly my thinking, and why I don't feel ready to believe this just yet.

I'm especially curious as to why nothing were done about the Ramelle in FH1.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #59 on: 02-04-2010, 00:04:59 »
Cadyshack & others :

I really dont get it why you guys are spending so much thought on the joke ;). Its a joke! :D