Author Topic: IM so Confused ( How to create Models and Textures? )  (Read 573 times)

Offline Marksman

• View Profile
i want to learn how to skin and model tanks and planes but i don't kno what program to use and how to post it to FH Can someone email me a tutorial and a link to the program PLZ ??? ???
« Last Edit: 04-06-2009, 11:06:46 by Toddel »
Invasion of Normandy >>>>>>>>>> North Africa

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
Re: IM so Confused
« Reply #1 on: 04-06-2009, 03:06:13 »
From what I understand, it's a very involved process and not something you just pick up and do on a whim.

Start by reading the Tutorials in the Modding subforum here.  You may also want to check out BFEditor.org.

As for what you need, you need the BF2 Editor, a 3D Art program such as Maya or 3ds Max, and a 2D art program like Photoshop.  I think those are the bare minimums, but you probably need other programs as well.

Good Luck.
« Last Edit: 04-06-2009, 03:06:02 by Ionizer »

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Re: IM so Confused
« Reply #2 on: 04-06-2009, 11:06:41 »
you can download a 30 days Trial version from 3ds max. inside "3dsmax-help" are some very good Tutorials. they have videos explaining the first steps and what you can do as basic stuff. they also bring nice very good tutorials how you can model a Plane.

you need to learn how to model, to UVW unwrap ( that means flatten the surfaces to texture them) and how to skin.

its easy just try it. there are sooooooooooooooooooooo Many good tutorials for MAX. My Suggestion is that you dl the trial and try it. look at Youtube. there are also Tutorials aviable. then start with small stuff. model a box of ciggaretes. a bucket. a chair. uv map it and texture it. you will come fast to motivating Results.

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Re: IM so Confused ( How to create Models and Textures? )
« Reply #3 on: 04-06-2009, 11:06:06 »
i changed your Topic name ;)