Author Topic: Unable to Find Shaders.  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Royal_Marine_Machine

• View Profile
Unable to Find Shaders.
« on: 09-06-2009, 12:06:15 »
I've had a quick scan through this forum, and havn't found anything like this.

When I told a friend that I was downloading this mod I was warned that Forgotten Hope 2 Moved Shaders and sometimes didn't move them back. I downloaded ti anyway yesterday, and what do you know? I can't open the game, or any other Mod, because it's unable to find shaders?

Two Things:

1) Is there a Fix for this?

2) As ym friend warned me this is obviously a fairly Common, and Major bug, surely instead of fancy new tanks and models the dev. team should concentrate on fixing this Bug?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to Find Shaders.
« Reply #1 on: 09-06-2009, 12:06:42 »

2) As ym friend warned me this is obviously a fairly Common, and Major bug, surely instead of fancy new tanks and models the dev. team should concentrate on fixing this Bug?

Never had it. :-/

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-06-2009, 12:06:33 »
Well me and my friend have, are you on XP or Vista?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-06-2009, 13:06:53 »
XP 32bit.

I am sure someone will come and answer your question during the day. Please be patient. I am sorry I cannot help you but I have no experience with this problem. I did have a problem once with the shaders, but as I have a backup package of shaders (testing purposes mostly) I just install those and I need to redo shaders, then I am A-OK.

Hold on to your shorts tho, I am sure someone with proper knowledge will pop up soon enough. :)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09-06-2009, 13:06:08 »
Tis just annoying because I have a clan match in PR Tonight D:

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-06-2009, 13:06:31 »
did you start the game with the provided link on desktop or did you use the community tab ingame (dont do the last one)

did the mod crash or didnt you close it properly ?

in any case fh2 makes backups of all files moved

they should be in the fh2 folder or bf2 folder not sure.

anyway someone can surely upload the shaders somewhere

still a bit more info could help to solve the problem:
- xp / vista?
- did the game crash ?
- did you start it correct ?
- did you close it correct ?

etc
Live Long & Die Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09-06-2009, 14:06:14 »

"I can't open the game"

I tried to open the Game and it said Unable to find shaders.

I use XP.

The Game crashed the night before for No reason.

YEs I did open it correctly, I double clicked the FH2 Icon, I never use the Community Tab Ingame, also, as I said, I can't open BF2 either because it says the same problem.

EDIT:
There are "Back-up" Files in the FH2 Folder, However I can't do anything with them, more info on this front would be helpful...

I used the Xpack Folder which had Shaders_client.zip in and extracted that into the BF2 Shaders Folder and I managed to open FH2, when I started to load into a game though it stopped at 14%, unless my computer was slow, it Did say Optimizing shaders this may take a few minutes. I'm now trying copying the Shaders_client.zip folder into the FH2 Folder.

EDIT EDIT:
BF2 Works fine now, as do other Mods. The only thing thats not working is FH2. I'd rather not reinstall it everytime I want to play.

Can someone send me a screen shot (if they have XP) of their FH2 Folder in the Mods? That way I can see what Mine is missing.

Another Error that happens is that it says:
Failed!
Failed to move 'mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip' to 'mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip-vanilla': the system could not find the File specified.
then:
Failed!
Failed to move 'mods/fh2/shaders_client.zip' to 'mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip': The System Could not Find the File specified.

So I'm guessing I'm Missing The Shaders_Client.zip file, so I shall try copying the File from the Xpack folder into both the FH2 Folder and the BF2 folder.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
After trying this is got:
Failed.
Failed to move 'Battlefield 2/mods/bf2' to 'Battlefeild 2/mods/bf2.tmp': Cannot Create File when that File already Exists.
Then:
Failed.
Failed to move 'mods/fh2/movies/warning.bik' to 'mods/fh2/movies/warning.bik-disabled': The System cannot find the file specified.
« Last Edit: 09-06-2009, 14:06:44 by Royal_Marine_Machine »

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09-06-2009, 14:06:33 »
i think it is enough if you just rename the .backup file in the fh2 folder to shaders_client.zip
Live Long & Die Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-06-2009, 15:06:58 »
I can play :D I still get numerous failed thingymabobs, but I can play almost perfectly,just when I aim it goes greyscale and wobbles :S

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09-06-2009, 15:06:59 »
OK then you need to redo shaders. Exit the game normally and then go to My Documents/Battlefield 2/mods/fh2/cache

And delete the folder(s) within cache folder (those that are named like {D7B7...), then launch the game normally with FH2 icon, load a map and let it redo shaders, it will take a while, and then see if the problem still persists.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09-06-2009, 15:06:25 »
I don't have a Cache folder in my FH2 Folder :S

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09-06-2009, 15:06:45 »
If you follow the path I gave you "My Documents/Battlefield 2/mods/fh2/cache" and you should be as supposed to. Do not follow the path where you installed, for example do _NOT_ follow the path like "C:/Program Files/EA/Battlefield 2/mods/fh2"

Go to your "My Documents" folder and you should see Battlefield 2 folder, follow the given path and you should find cache, within cache, you get the funky named folder(s), delete those and start FH2 with its own .exe.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09-06-2009, 20:06:36 »
Hope you got it fixed now, RMM.

Btw: this should go into Help/Support.