Poll

What direction should the FH2 tank system go?

Longer tank fights, multiple penetrating shots needed to destroy tanks. Gameplay > realism. (Current tank system)
9 (12.5%)
Still longer tank fights, but not to the extend we have in the current version. Only smaller adjustments are needed. Still: Gameplay > realism
12 (16.7%)
Tank combat should be influenced by realism. The current system is frustrating. Previous versions with mainly 1S1K situations were better (2.4 was fine)
40 (55.6%)
I prefer a hardcore realistic game. A penetrating hit should result in a kill. The current version is a disappointment.
8 (11.1%)
Something else (explain)
3 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Asking the players about the tank system  (Read 8279 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Asking the players about the tank system
« Reply #15 on: 03-10-2012, 14:10:43 »
Butcher, don't engage. Just go on with the Poll. let the data speak for itself as it should, or your thread will be run aground.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03-10-2012, 14:10:10 »
@ Shitmaker: The advantage of calling this corrupted is that you can then ignore it and don´t have to deal with the problem.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03-10-2012, 14:10:28 »
But it is a bit leading in that the current tank system is NOT just about 'longer tank battles and multiple penetration'. You do get 1s1ks more often than not.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03-10-2012, 15:10:05 »
for one moment there it sounded as if you believed that there is one universal "truth", one set of fact-based rules that should be implemented in to the game straight without question, as religious people think the "bible" is the ultimate truth told to people by gods. As if the closer to these objective and statistic-based "facts" the game comes, the "purer" and more "realistic" it automatically becomes, and therefor any sub-sequent effects such statistics have on the outcome of actions in the game should be ignored or set to the side, for the "ultimate truth" must always reign in order for us to reach closer to the realism nirvana we all want to float around in, the purest of experiences.

please tell me this wasnt how you believed game design works. my belly cant stand such cramps today.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03-10-2012, 15:10:57 »
Butcher, don't engage. Just go on with the Poll. let the data speak for itself as it should, or your thread will be run aground.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03-10-2012, 15:10:18 »
So can a moderator move this into the general discussion section or not? Would be important to get some more voices.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03-10-2012, 16:10:37 »
Moving this to general since this isnt exactly feedback but a public poll to see what people think. The rather heated and detailed discussion, however, will continue at: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=17920.150

Anyway, poll is "biased" only because theres "unwanted" results at the moment. It would be gospel if option 1 was leading.
« Last Edit: 03-10-2012, 16:10:35 by Flippy Warbear »

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03-10-2012, 17:10:37 »
I got a strong feeling that this thread is gonna end up with something like "learn to shoot", as long as option 3 is leading ::)

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03-10-2012, 17:10:42 »
"Hardcore realism" for me, but I'll be equally happy seeing 2.4 system back.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03-10-2012, 18:10:58 »
Reasons:
- No fluid combat. Tanks sit at one point and get repaired. They rape infantry and the battle gets stucked.

Why not asking to slow down tank repair speed?  Also, tank repair could be made impossible from tank passenger slots.  That way, a tank couldn't leave engagement at full speed and be repaired at the same time.  Other solutions exist than the good ol 1s1k for all german armors at any range/angle.

By the way, i voted option #1.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03-10-2012, 18:10:22 »
Would also support tank repair being only possible by someone outside the tank, not sitting on it. It's all well and good to try throwing HE at the tank but this is rarely effective. If it's your first shot, you kill the repairmen, but show the Tiger where you are and are quickly killed. If you switch to HE after one shot and you see the grease monkeys (usually glitching between the two seats, don't forget, so rifleman are no use), they usually hide inside the tank. The tank driver is almost always an SL, so you have 10 or 15 seconds to kill the tank and if you don't manage it, that's it. I like 'repairing' your tank to be you retreating, firing smoke, bailing under fire and repairing, and if it works good for you and if it doesn't, bad luck. If it was changed (if it can be changed), repairers being forced to trot along behind the tank to repair would be a positive improvement.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03-10-2012, 20:10:44 »
Well at least you have a certain ammount of teamwork by "exploiting" this possibility.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03-10-2012, 20:10:18 »
Something between 2 and 3 for me. To me 2.4 with very occasional and rare lucky survival/bounce is the way to go. Voted 3 though, as this is the direction to go for, with some adjustments towards 2 though.

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03-10-2012, 20:10:31 »
I think that the combat should be tactical, not much about luck.

What i feel could be changed, could be the speed of turret turning (i think its too fast right for realism no?), it would favor the ones that plan their positions better. Think that hit in back could be one shot one kill for all tanks, sides two-three and front 4-5?

I think tank battles at FH1 were brilliant =)

Offline United_Stealth

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03-10-2012, 22:10:41 »
poll is biased and leading.. you dont see that? Can't help you there then  :-\
This poll has every options you need, but if you don't agree, create your own unbiased poll then and we'll see what results we get from that.. -.-

Me and a lot of people with me, know what kind of results we'll get from that. I just hope you're not gonna call your own poll biased.