Author Topic: Monitor fails when I start FH2 or BF2  (Read 366 times)

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
Monitor fails when I start FH2 or BF2
« on: 13-06-2011, 08:06:04 »
My lcd samsung monitor died and Im now using an old vga monitor until I can buy a new one. But everytimee I start the game, the monitor just turns off, a few seconds pass and image comes back and its not like I ever started the game at all. I have checked my settings, reinstalled the monitor and ati radeon drivers and nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreaciated, Im looking forward FH2 2.4 and I dont want to lose it becaue my monitor is a childish fit.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
Re: Monitor fails when I start FH2 or BF2
« Reply #1 on: 13-06-2011, 08:06:41 »
 yustax, this is an easy one to fix.

your problem is that your old monitor was on a refresh (probably 60hz) setting that your VGA monitor can't run on.

just look for your Battlefield profile folder (in like my documents/settings/blablabla) and use notepad to manually change the refresh rate to one that is compatible with your current monitor. I had the same problem a while back myself, you should have no problem.

edit: glad it worked out Yustax, it's a simple fix but easily overlooked
« Last Edit: 13-06-2011, 10:06:48 by sheikyerbouti »
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
Re: Monitor fails when I start FH2 or BF2
« Reply #2 on: 13-06-2011, 10:06:02 »
yustax, this is an easy one to fix.

your problem is that your old monitor was on a refresh (probably 60hz) setting that your VGA monitor can't run on.

just look for your Battlefield profile folder (in like my documents/settings/blablabla) and use notepad to manually change the refresh rate to one that is compatible with your current monitor. I had the same problem a while back myself, you should have no problem with yourself.

good luck

Thanks a billion times, this was driving me crazy and thanks to you, the game now runs.