Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 65179 times)

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #465 on: 16-03-2017, 01:03:48 »
Ad to the Panzerschrek+Suomi kit a scoped Mosin. And a few stick grenades, and maybe a grenade luncher and 2-3 AP mines.
« Last Edit: 18-03-2017, 02:03:35 by Dancho »

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 16-03-2017, 11:03:22 »
I totally support this suggestion!

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 14-04-2017, 19:04:29 »
What about disorientation effects for tanks and vehicles?  Right now as it is, I can be shot with a High explosive round and nothing happens to me in a tank.  I feel it would be more immersive if the screen would shake and maybe a ringing sound would happen.

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 21-04-2017, 21:04:36 »
What about disorientation effects for tanks and vehicles?  Right now as it is, I can be shot with a High explosive round and nothing happens to me in a tank.  I feel it would be more immersive if the screen would shake and maybe a ringing sound would happen.

Yes, I always tought that these kind of sounds are a little off in-game. many times you have to be extremly careful to hear them.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 25-04-2017, 19:04:55 »
Maybe we could have searchlights on Hayanitch. Would give the Italians a chance of defending the objectives:

That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 25-04-2017, 20:04:52 »
Maybe we could have searchlights on Hayanitch. Would give the Italians a chance of defending the objectives:

??? we have search lights on Hayacinth. Look in the guard towers and press 'E' to enter/ 'Left-click' to use it. It even has a nice little 'buzzing' light sound and Gavrant tweaked it to be more useful/ use less performance.

They don't necessarily give the Italians a huge advantage, but sometimes I've helped out teammates by Spotting NZ soldiers in the open desert.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 25-04-2017, 20:04:53 »

??? we have search lights on Hayacinth. Look in the guard towers and press 'E' to enter/ 'Left-click' to use it. It even has a nice little 'buzzing' light sound and Gavrant tweaked it to be more useful/ use less performance.

They don't necessarily give the Italians a huge advantage, but sometimes I've helped out teammates by Spotting NZ soldiers in the open desert.
Can't wait to use them!!!
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 25-04-2017, 21:04:03 »
You can use them now... although I wonder how much fun you would have considering the state of the map.

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 26-04-2017, 00:04:55 »
You can use them now... although I wonder how much fun you would have considering the state of the map.

What state of the map?? I think its a rather nice map and enjoy playing it.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 30-04-2017, 15:04:55 »
I use them every time I play that map. Inevitably this leads to me being sniped. But it's fun. For what it's worth I think Hyacinth is pretty fun when it comes to attacking and defending the airfield. The city is where things get bogged down. For the New Zealanders it also depends how many people on your team are douchebags who take cars without letting anyone else get in them.

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: 03-05-2017, 21:05:19 »
Small hint: you won't notice any effect from the search lights if you are playing on low graphcs as me. You won't need them either because ausies look like the stars of the EU flag on this map. That's why (+ the FPS boost) I tend to have many kills playing this map and be one the best players of the round.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 03-05-2017, 23:05:52 »
Small hint: you won't notice any effect from the search lights if you are playing on low graphcs as me. You won't need them either because ausies look like the stars of the EU flag on this map. That's why (+ the FPS boost) I tend to have many kills playing this map and be one the best players of the round.
Yet another reason to lock the graphics settings on high in the next release.  The shamelessness of some players  :'(

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 04-05-2017, 02:05:00 »
If you play on low graphics to gain an advantage in an almost 10 year old mod for a dead game, you need to get a life ::)

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 04-05-2017, 19:05:19 »
Muahahaha I am such a terrible person. In fact, on maps like Arad I usually get around 22FPS. My PC is just the age of the game with Dual Core Celeron 2Ghz, 512MB cache. When someone throws smoke it drops to 15FPS. Oh and yeah maps are loading for decades... like at least 15% of the round time I am loading (around 3 mins). Recently the performance dropped even more. I tend to have max 28FPS on the desert maps (before that I could hit constant 40).

Soo.. I stopped playing. I just pop up for a few rounds to ruin your precious k/d ratio, or whatever it is called, with my insidious tricks. Anyways, I'll start again as soon as I build my new PC this summer.

P.S Even tho Hayanicth is a boring map it is the only one where I perform well... kind of. And you can't get any "benefits" from playing on ugly preset on any other map, especially if you lowered the visible range like me.
« Last Edit: 04-05-2017, 19:05:27 by Dancho »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 04-05-2017, 21:05:06 »
You gotta get a new computer :P I don't mind if people are playing on old rigs, but you most certainly can gain an advantage by lowering graphics. Things like lightmaps, undergrowth etc... don't render and make it far easier to see people.

People who lower their graphics with computers that are just fine, are genuinely mind boggling to me.