Author Topic: disabling 3rd person view of planes  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
disabling 3rd person view of planes
« on: 07-01-2013, 19:01:23 »
like 2.25 maybe before 2.4 i was think flying hardest thing on fh2 now even a noob player like me think its easier than tanking.when driving stuka press 3rd person when see a black box dive bomb .its just too easy. disabling this make bombing and flying hard as hell . it will reduce players on airfield and make flyboys more respectfull . maybe joystick user will overpowered but doesnt matter.its will be make flying more classy and hard. in real life pilot doesnt have this option they often cant see planes under canopy i never used shift since 2.4
« Last Edit: 07-01-2013, 19:01:45 by Berkolok »

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
Re: disabling 3rd person view of planes
« Reply #1 on: 07-01-2013, 22:01:12 »
Sonething ti deal with the generally overpwerd planes on each side? Yes please.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-01-2013, 22:01:14 »
You can't please everyone can you? People wanted to have "situational awareness" and devs gave it to them as they also wanted to make flying more like everything else in FH2 - easy to learn, hard to master. A waiting line on airfield is something you'll have to deal with.

Offline GIJordncc1701d

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-01-2013, 01:01:17 »
Personally, I love the third person. It helps me for things like landing and stuff like that. I rarely use it in combat. Sometimes I'll use it to check behind me but that isn't very often.

I say keep it.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-01-2013, 07:01:03 »
Besides, the "mirrors" (don't know the expression in English) don't work in FH2 so you have to keep the nose view to be aware of your six.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Harmonikater

• FH-Betatester
  • Resident Crazy Composer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-01-2013, 12:01:16 »
I'm all for this. You can still have situational awareness by looking around you with Mouselook.
As for the problem of checking your six, I'd suggest a new camera perspective where you have to simulate working mirrors, i.e. the camera looks out the back of the canopy with the back of the cockpit static. Dunno if that is understandable and possible engine wise. But it sure would be much better for immersion than looking back from in front of the plane. And sure you won't see as much, but then again checking one's six is never easy in any plane.

Also from personal expirience, mainly flying on gamenights with the 3rd Person view disabled, I myself found dogfights much more intense and fun
I do bad things to the BF2 engine.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-01-2013, 13:01:00 »
I never liked addition of 3rd person view in planes, I'm all for disabling them on all vehicles (and make freelook better on some, like back of the trucks etc). Good rear view is all we need, good situation awereness is possible with current 1st person view from cockpit as since 2.45 you can look futher back with mouse freelook.

I'd suggest a new camera perspective where you have to simulate working mirrors, i.e. the camera looks out the back of the canopy with the back of the cockpit static. Dunno if that is understandable and possible engine wise. But it sure would be much better for immersion than looking back from in front of the plane. And sure you won't see as much, but then again checking one's six is never easy in any plane.

Also from personal expirience, mainly flying on gamenights with the 3rd Person view disabled, I myself found dogfights much more intense and fun

100% agreed!
« Last Edit: 08-01-2013, 14:01:40 by jan_kurator »

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-01-2013, 14:01:23 »
Besides, the "mirrors" (don't know the expression in English) don't work in FH2 so you have to keep the nose view to be aware of your six.

did you know most of planes in wwıı doesnt have mirror to check back if you read couple of ace pilots biography when they get enemy planes 6 usually enemy pilot cant see what happening on his back and continue flying. in wwıı they were have only a radio to warn his wingman

I'm all for this. You can still have situational awareness by looking around you with Mouselook.
As for the problem of checking your six, I'd suggest a new camera perspective where you have to simulate working mirrors, i.e. the camera looks out the back of the canopy with the back of the cockpit static. Dunno if that is understandable and possible engine wise. But it sure would be much better for immersion than looking back from in front of the plane. And sure you won't see as much, but then again checking one's six is never easy in any plane.

i fully agree with you if you havent a mirror or wingman your 3rd person will be tracing bullets it will be bring back reality

You can't please everyone can you? People wanted to have "situational awareness" and devs gave it to them as they also wanted to make flying more like everything else in FH2 - easy to learn, hard to master. A waiting line on airfield is something you'll have to deal with.
i think flying is piece of cake,move mouse to up right left... important one is aiming and bombing succesfully and waiting line is crazy on airfield last night in 128 siege of tobruk there were 12 person on airfield you believe this 12!! how many people wait in tank line 1? 2? i just think flying must be more hard and demanding
« Last Edit: 08-01-2013, 15:01:15 by Berkolok »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-01-2013, 15:01:23 »
Please use the dit button so you can paste all your replies into one instead of three, thanks.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08-01-2013, 15:01:14 »
Well, I really did not know about those mirrors. Scratch that.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08-01-2013, 15:01:54 »
Pilots already have the great advantage of getting new ammo and bombs by just flying over the airfield without landing, so bombing itslef and the rest of flying should be made some what harder.
As it has been said in many threads before they also have the advantage over static flaks.

Without 3rd person view pilots where a little more busy with the other planes instead of bombing anything they see, as it is on some maps, not all of course.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08-01-2013, 17:01:05 »
The thing is, we (devs actually) can't make changes willy nilly especially if the change was well received. Those who I see complaining now are seasoned pilots who don't get any advantage or disadvantage from the 3rd person view. So what's your grief? Too many people waiting for the plane? If that's the case I see that as a personal need to have yourself a plane. Do you have more rights to fly a plane than a newbie?

I know it's a pain to see such things happening but you have to deal with this that people are allowed to play as they choose to in FH2. Personally I wouldn't care less to drop the chase cam but the change has been done and some people like it. It's up to devs to decide if your objections warrant the change. Right now I don't see this as a big concern.

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08-01-2013, 18:01:25 »
i think flying is piece of cake,move mouse to up right left... important one is aiming and bombing succesfully and waiting line is crazy on airfield last night in 128 siege of tobruk there were 12 person on airfield you believe this 12!! how many people wait in tank line 1? 2? i just think flying must be more hard and demanding

Your wrong about tanks.  The waiting line increase for all assets as player number increase.   Worst, some assets don't change hand for the entire map duration (ex: main base artillery).  This argument about newbie flyboys is ridiculous imho.

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08-01-2013, 18:01:57 »
im not saying all of this because just i dont want to wait in lines, i just want it for balance with aa gunners, when 3rd view bug happen i land immediately and fix it because flying without 3rd is hard as hell

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11-01-2013, 04:01:06 »
Depending on the maps its almost impossible to get tanks, usually the guy who dies with it gets the tank again. Obviously in maps like supercharge, alamein, mareth, goodwood, totalize, cobra there is no such problem. Cause they are like Battle of Britain of tanks (if you know what i mean)