Author Topic: Hypothetical, of BF3 and FH.. just hypothetical.. nothing more..  (Read 5604 times)

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
as the title says, what do you all think of Fh IF it were to move to BF3 IF there were mod tools and more than 64 players? say 128... can any of you think of the possiblities based on playing BFBC2.. such as vehicle damage to tracks, main gun, sights etc..  i just want opinions.... as we all know BF3 will be coming but NOTHING really has been said about it.. i just wants thoughts about it.. i dont think this is offtopic considering we are talking of forgotten hope on the frostbite, and the endless possiblities on frostbite..

personally i want to see 128 players on fully destructible evniroment makes for such a gameplay change..

no more trees stopping tigers..

vehicle damage based on playing BFBC2 and if you have you would know when a vehicles is struck parts of it fly off so this leads me to thoughts of track damage, main gun damage, gun sight damage etc..

the AUDIO.. would be vastly improved, if you played the game then you know how amazing the sounds are, kinda almost as if you were really there..

perhaps on this engine we would finally see  bipod work in windows?

maybe an toggled throttle for a consistant speed for vehicles?

dont feel like putting on a flame suit so back off and just post ideas and thoughts on the matter  ;)

all hypothetical
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
I pity this thread. It is lowly in so many levels.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
i expected you to say something like that, but im just looking for thoughts and ideas. 

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
this has been discussed a billion times AT LEAST. stop making these threads guys.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
really? cause i did a search, battlefield 3, may have been discussed in otehr threads and was left as an offtopic idea bring up but nothing more from what i have seen, and the litle BF3 is confirmed thread, but not speaking of hypothetical ideas.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Well if BF3 is totally awesome and moddable... then again i would also like to kill Justin Bieber and sleep with Katy Perry and so far only one of these things has happened. So I guess you don't get everything you want.

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
Well if BF3 is totally awesome and moddable... then again i would also like to kill Justin Bieber and sleep with Katy Perry and so far only one of these things has happened. So I guess you don't get everything you want.
YOU STOLE MY KILL!!

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
Aahahaha so true.

Honestly, it's not just the fact that it's been discussed/mentioned alot. It's the fact that, as far as hypothetical situations go, the future in this one is particularly bleak.

Since we now know that BF3 is going to be on console platforms as well, it's a safe assumption that you can kiss 64 player battles (or higher), modding, and ... well FH3 goodbye. It's simply pointless to discuss it, in my opinion. Why waste so many words on a cause that's probably going to be a hopeless one?

Again, I'm not saying the game is going to suck or anything, though I am suggesting it but just that a game without modding tools is a no-go for FH.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
BF3 will be multi-platform, using the Frostbite 2.0 engine. That's pretty much all that's been said for it.

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
discussing this would only satisfy the need for BrainCrack but yeah, we would probably be able to try all sorts of new stuff for FH3 on BF3. But we'd probably have to say goodbye to other features if the "evolution" of the Battlefield series is something to go by.

128 Players is really pushing it. With all this destructiveness and fancy stuff, they've for some reason ("it is better for gameplay, blah blah") reduced the number of players to 24. Sadly I'd say we'd probably get around 32 players in BF3. Deploying weapons in windows and such I'd say also has a slim chance of happening. I believe it would have to be programmed by DICE and they ain't spending their time on stuff like that :)

Otherwise, little has been said about BF3 so saying what could be used is hard.

I am, at least, not going to think too much about it.
Besides, FH2 is still active and we're constantly improving on it.. We're not going anywhere :)

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
ok, but what if we were to get lucky enough that they place some concentration on the PC version? then what would you say

@joe, thats a given i know, but im jsut saying somethings would be so much better.. but you say lose some things if moved to frostbite.. my question is what would you lose? considering BF1943 is on frostbite and has planes.  if thats what your targeting.  and well i think 100 players would be a step up..

i also think destroyable terrain is a great feature.. im sorry but a tank not running over a twig  branch is the most annoying thing in the world..

and a link to an official bf3 suggestion thread.. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1552675.page ...
« Last Edit: 12-08-2010, 02:08:03 by Neighbor Kid »

Offline Sindrio

• View Profile
I really don't see why it would be such a big problem just talking about it and sharing thoughts. But, well since this is not really related to FH2, perhaps it should have been in the offtopic forum. anyways, my thoughts:

A Forgotten Hope mod to a new game with better graphics and destructible environments would be pretty awesome. (NO! I am not saying that you ever will mod this game, this is only talk about a fantasy)

The current FH2 is awesome though, much better than the vanilla version of this game. The FH developers and community has vastly improved 2 ok games!

Not much really. Im not posting often, but i am reading alot on this forums.

Again, this post should perhaps be in offtopic forums.
*Patiently waiting for updates*

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
i highly disagree with offtopic.. it talks about FH.. and is directly linked to it.. maybe not FH2 as persay but FH in general thus why i placed this thread in here.

Offline Thamu

• View Profile
IMO I don't think that BF3 will go too far,because games that people play for years and years,like BF2,dont give them $$ .But,in the other hand,EA is promissing BF3 at least 2 years if I remember well,they can't do a crap game and sell for people. Well,Im not a expert in this things,but its what I think.

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
I'm just so jaded over BF3, even though I don't really know the details yet. It's just the Battlefield franchise has been raped so bad over the last few years, and consoles really have dealt it a sort of killing blow.

I just don't have any faith in EA to pull off a true sequel to BF2. Just think -- the sequel supports less players (probably) then its predecessor!

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA