Author Topic: Project Reality Mod  (Read 75135 times)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Project Reality Mod
« Reply #660 on: 11-10-2013, 01:10:26 »
Cant believe I just now notice how the MEC guy looks like the soup nazi.

HA! ;D Can't un-see that now thanks

On topic this is.. WOW. I'm impressed with the models and the work they've put in. I'm surprised they've gotten as far as they have as I didn't think too many people were working on it. I'll def have to check this out when it comes out

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 11-10-2013, 02:10:17 »
WOW!! Thats Waspers Tiger Tank!! Who gave them the permission to use it???
BGF team themselves gave us permissions to use many of their models and assets. We even have "aserafimov", a BGF dev, working with us :)
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 11-10-2013, 09:10:55 »
WOW!! Thats Waspers Tiger Tank!! Who gave them the permission to use it???
BGF team themselves gave us permissions to use many of their models and assets. We even have "aserafimov", a BGF dev, working with us :)

Yeah that's cool.... The only thing that saddens me is that many things have to be "remade" for projects like this, despite the fact that similar models already exist in million other mods... So instead of cooperation like this (and having lots of different, never-seen-before content) we get couple hundred takes on the Panzerschreck, the Tiger Tank, the Sherman, the Thompson SMG, *insert next generic WWII weapon here* etc.

Seems like a waste of valuable time and resources to me (despite the fact that the modellers learn a lot and improve their skills, but I'm sure they could do that with the less-famous models too :P).
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Arc_Shielder

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 13-10-2013, 19:10:55 »

Thank you for the kind comments.  ;)

Since the announcement text wasn't posted here, I want to highlight the fact that certain tasks have higher priority so new fronts is something that will most likely come up later in time (although respective maps are being worked on). Our manpower has grown but continues to be thin for all the plans we have established.

This is, after all, a community based project. Any help is welcomed.

Cheers to the FH2 team and all they have accomplished so far. Looking forward to your next release.  ;)

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 14-10-2013, 15:10:52 »
One dude can share an whole mod? Bitch please?

The rights are by BG42, i told Sarge (BG42 leader) about that fact.
I guess he will be interested into sharing content, like he always is.

So maybe you will be able to get some more stuff from them (in the past they recieved some cool new Models), and maybe you can give them also some cool stuff.
« Last Edit: 14-10-2013, 15:10:31 by Krätzer »

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 14-10-2013, 16:10:33 »
One dude can share an whole mod? Bitch please?
"Back then" we were in touch with Wasper as well, who gave the minimod permission for many assets. It wasn't until recently that aserafimov got involved too.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #666 on: 15-10-2013, 05:10:20 »
  That is a bit of a shit tone Kratzer.  I had some dealings a couple years back with Wasper and he was very particular on what I could snag and who I would have to contact to get additional "stuff".
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 15-10-2013, 07:10:18 »
  That is a bit of a shit tone Kratzer.  I had some dealings a couple years back with Wasper and he was very particular on what I could snag and who I would have to contact to get additional "stuff".
Lol, sounds like you met him in a dark alley :P

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 22-06-2014, 17:06:52 »

I have finally decided to install PR v1.2.

Im still learning, but I like it more this time than 3 years ago (the last time I tried it)..

& I have a boss PC to run it.  ;)

Catch me as $talker on The US server: [PR v1.2.0.0] Free Candy Van [Los Angeles]

;)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 22-06-2014, 21:06:42 »
1.2 seems really polished. I played around on a local server but I haven't played online since like .9 or something since my mic broke :-\ hopefully I can get it working at some point and get back on. If you can find a good squad in that game there's nothing like it :)

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 29-06-2014, 01:06:27 »

I have finally decided to install PR v1.2.

Im still learning, but I like it more this time than 3 years ago (the last time I tried it)..

& I have a boss PC to run it.  ;)

Catch me as $talker on The US server: [PR v1.2.0.0] Free Candy Van [Los Angeles]

;)

Back wen i could play PR, i used to build trenches :D

man: i loved to keep up building magnificient outposts and fobs with my squad.. but unfortunamtly, my PC didnt.

Still, its an great mod! and i bet than you will be an exelent squad leader over there, because its exacly our style of gameplay ;)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 26-12-2014, 19:12:21 »
BUMP!!!

PRWWII Alpha testing event tonight featuring Omaha beach! Worth giving a shot if you've got a few hours to spare from all the holiday festivities!

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f376-pr-event-news/132430-new-prta-pr-ww2-alpha-release-26th-december-8.html
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Sparks

• View Profile
PR WWII alpha release
« Reply #672 on: 28-12-2014, 00:12:29 »
I stumbled across this release after watching BlueDrake42 livestream a few rounds on You Tube yesterday.
I was reinstalling FH2 to another partition and decided to install PR to give this a go.

Coincidentally their take on Omaha Beach is similar to FH2 as much as the layout is concerned but then thats where the similarities end. Game play is quite realistic and of course tactical. 
The server wasn't full so there was lots of space to move around without being shot.

I only had played 15 minutes before being kicked I didn't have a mic set up and another thing with PR you have to follow orders and everyone is in a squad but anyway I intend to join the server again soon with my sh*t sorted.

Peace  ;D

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 28-12-2014, 04:12:11 »
I'm actually really impressed with what they've come up with so far, kudos to their team :)

I obviously just sit back and dream about what it would be like to have that map with FH statics, models etc :P but the fact that they made new FOB's, statics, player textures etc is no easy task. They also did a good job on the D1 draw with the statics they had. I'll be interested to see how they develop it further.

also patiently waiting for PR:F

Offline Sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 28-12-2014, 12:12:38 »
Really impressive and their models are on a par with FH2.
Sounds make it more immersive.
I have a lot of trouble distinguishing between the good guys and bad guys. No name tags of course and being low light hard telling them apart at a distance.