Author Topic: St. Vith: Forgotten Hope 2 Update  (Read 9931 times)

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: St. Vith: Forgotten Hope 2 Update
« Reply #60 on: 12-03-2012, 21:03:21 »
Brrrr. I'm gonna have to put my double layer fleece on and get my WW2 GPS out just to navigate this map. Looks like there's a lot crammed in there ... close to the bf2 object limit ? Could just be the number of flags I'm seeing.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 12-03-2012, 22:03:45 »
 Will this have 16 & 32 player versions as well?

8)

Offline Zulnex

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 12-03-2012, 23:03:10 »
Splendid update as always. 8) Thank you very much Devs.

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 13-03-2012, 00:03:05 »
Nice looking map. I suspect the mini map will look a lot less intimidating with the push arrows on it.

Are any of the new more mobile anti-tank guns included? I love the idea of pushing an AT gun to a sweet spot in the city and waiting for a foolish panzer to roll into my sights!

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 13-03-2012, 00:03:24 »
What´s the difference between a capture and a capture assist? Yeah the amount of points you get but I mean the procedure itself. Does only the first one in the capzone get a full capture because only he capped the whole flag? Or can you still join some secs. later to get a full capture (lets say it just needs to be above 50% captured)?

I think the first who enter the flagzone and stay alive until the cap is complete will get the capture point. All other players will get an assist.

Basically yes. If you are the first at a flag, you can even leave the flag area and you will still be first once you re-enter the flag area. Even though there were others capping while you were not. Just because you were the first who started capping.

For example, for once I started capping a flag, but died quickly. I spawned on my squadleader nearby and returned to the flag before if was completely capped by some of my teammates. In the end I got the capture points while others received the assist points.

Logically this was considered a single encounter. The encounter ends only, when there is no enemy left at flag. No matter who and how many people die in between.

Overall the game rewards you for being steady and staying in the same area. You'll also have an advantage when you defend a position for a while: When a map starts, just pick one or two vital flags and focus on them. Don't run from flag to flag without defending your achievements. That will give you a better score.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 13-03-2012, 01:03:18 »
I could swear you won't get capture point if you leave capture zone and re-enter. It has happened so damn many times that I'm first in capzone, trying to find better cover, slip out from capzone, re-enter and only get assist.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 13-03-2012, 08:03:45 »
But how many tickets for each team?
And ticket bleed?

Push maps have all been standardized to 1000 tickets each in FH2. This is because we have added a function that allows us to set whatever ticketbleed per team we want. (this was broken in BF2).
many maps (incl. St Vith) have the attackers bleed all the way until the last flag is captured, then they win. (Bleed speed is calculated with a formula based on desired round-time length and average deaths per minute)

This is part of quite an extensive redesign which you'll notice in the patch. Part of the reason for this is to minimize the risk of attackers being able to "out kill" the defenders by simply staying back and camp them. It also gives more clear strategical goals, as well as giving a more direct incentive to attack. To add, it shifts the focus from a game about killing to a game about area control.
In 2.4 only Ramelle and Hurtgen forest used this system, and now we have let pretty much all push maps follow this direction.
There's a lot more to this than what I just wrote, which will be presented later on.

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 13-03-2012, 11:03:42 »
There's a lot more to this than what I just wrote, which will be presented later on.

Looking forward to read about that. Maybe a dev blog ?   ;)

Nice work Natty.

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 13-03-2012, 11:03:27 »
Wow this map looks great!

I should really try to get back to FH2. :)

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #69 on: 13-03-2012, 12:03:42 »

Looking forward to read about that. Maybe a dev blog ?   ;)

Nice work Natty.

Yeah, a dev blog would be great. It would be nice to see this working in SP/Coop as well as I think push mode can be fixed for that.

Offline Wakain

• Why no Italian bias?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 13-03-2012, 16:03:04 »
Briljant looking map, minimap truly looks epic.
seems to be a large map as well

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #71 on: 13-03-2012, 17:03:57 »
Beautiful! Well done indeed! Hope it plays good ;)

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline F.E.Glöckner

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 13-03-2012, 18:03:18 »
When i look at the Minimap and the Vehiclelayout, i think it will play similiar to Fot or Ramelle(with enough room to flank).

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 13-03-2012, 20:03:34 »
I have done very well MG gunning, but one simply cannot just sit in one location for very long.  The map is SO wide and filled with pathways, alleys, and awesome locations that you have to keep changing position or die rather fast.  I think only one time have I been able to spend more than 2 minutes in any one location.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 14-03-2012, 21:03:25 »

You see that farm at Rosenhuegets. I will be waiting there for you, second floor, third window from the left, with my trusty Garand. Just come and get it, Jerrie.
One of the best maps you will have played  :)

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)