Author Topic: EXPERIMENTAL AI SOLUTIONS FOR SP/COOP (Community effort)  (Read 61812 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: The Single Player Fan Project: Work to be done and feedback
« Reply #75 on: 06-11-2010, 10:11:11 »
Tested it. 88 still fires out of sync with its sound, and gun makes firing sound between firing. Bug remains

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 06-11-2010, 11:11:57 »
Tested it. 88 still fires out of sync with its sound, and gun makes firing sound between firing. Bug remains

I know very little about sounds,so i am just using the process of elimination method

try this one,rename server archives accordinally (requires the ability to copy and paste)

http://www.filefront.com/17482310/objects_vehicles_Flak_V2_server.zip

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 07-11-2010, 08:11:32 »
Ok, I've DL this, but I can't seem to reinstall my Fh2.3 patch so till then, I wont be able to test it.

However, try reverse engineering Drawde's last AI tweak to get some of the juicy bits. Alot of vehicles are fixed for 2.3, so as they say, if it eint broken, don't fix it. However, stuff like the 88 recurring sound, the Stuka architecture, and a few others would be within this package, see if you can't cannibalize them for a 2.3 patch

http://www.filefront.com/17487535/AITweakVehicles.zip

thanks

Here are the noted differences:
1/ Tanks, when encountering a wall or other restriction, try to maneouver, while generally going foward rather than reversing, and so they moved better in Drawde's mod than in 2.3
2/ The Stuka Divehorn, 'nuff said
3/ 88 recurring sound does not exist, although it DID in the stock 2.26 also - Solution somewhere in Drawde's mod
4/German bots use the gabellte Ladung charge and Brits use their explosive charge aslo, in 2.3, I'm yet to see that happen
5/ Bots in 2.3, get on deployable mgs rarely, and then they don't fire, they just point, and later bail. In Drawde's they CAN'T get on, they move up to it, but never mount it.
6/ British North African Sherman fires HE, the allies need at least ONE tank in North Africa that fires HE
6/ Off-head, I'd have to say no other aspect of 2.3 needs changing.
« Last Edit: 07-11-2010, 09:11:24 by djinn »

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #78 on: 12-11-2010, 00:11:16 »
I am far from an expert at vehicle AI.

However, I have taken a look at the FH2 AIBehaviors.ai file. I've noticed a few things that seem a little irregular. I would enumerate them here, but it is rather technical.

I think I see why tanks tend to reverse,move forward,reverse, and so on. I think I see why planes sometimes just fly away instead of participating in battle.

I think.

While I take a short break from FH2:ESAI, I intend to try some alternate ideas for the vehicle AI code. If I come up with anything that might be an improvement, I will post my work, but....

I am far from an expert.

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 12-11-2010, 02:11:39 »
I am far from an expert at vehicle AI.

However, I have taken a look at the FH2 AIBehaviors.ai file. I've noticed a few things that seem a little irregular.

Yes,its a bit of a mess
stationary guns given helicopter strategy types  ::)

the tanks reversing can be from a narrow navmesh path

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #80 on: 12-11-2010, 02:11:56 »
stationary guns given helicopter strategy types

Yeah, that too, but I was talking more about the weights assigned to the behavior urgency curves for Tanks,Cars,ArmedCars,Planes,Bombers,and Infantry.

The "Fire" behavior is boosted quite a bit, and some behavior mods are set to 0, where 0.1 would do just as well.

I believe that vehicles are often going screwy because they are shifting between the Fire and MoveTo behaviors too quickly.

I've already created and tested the first version of my "alternate" AIBehaviors file, and it seems to be an improvement. I have tanks backing up, going forward, backing up,and then actually going around obstacles.

Also, I tried Gazala, and the planes did a much better job of staying in the combat area, though one Brit pilot did desert.

After I tweak/test it a bit I may spam the board with a new thread for d/l & testing of my changes.

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 12-11-2010, 04:11:11 »
I believe that vehicles are often going screwy because they are shifting between the Fire and MoveTo behaviors too quickly.

But they go screwy before they are in enemy range,so their fire behavior isnt being used

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #82 on: 12-11-2010, 04:11:23 »
Well, kindof. Running in debug mode, I often saw tanks switching to the Fire behavior when there were no targets for them to fire on. Then they would switch back to MoveTo, then back to Fire again...without firing a shot.

I can't stop the tanks from behaving badly amidst narrow paths/obstacles, but I think I may have improved them a little bit at least.

I'm suspecting that the turn radius, defined in each vehicle's Objects.ai file, needs to be adjusted.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 12-11-2010, 06:11:40 »
The use of helicopter code is to allow bots to distinguish between light and heavy armor, which would otherwise have been impossible. It may need a bit of work, but it is what it is - And imo, its a step in the right direction.

That's Drawde thinking of how to improve bots, not just resign to the fact they cannot be improved
« Last Edit: 12-11-2010, 06:11:57 by djinn »

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 12-11-2010, 21:11:29 »
Hey, You fine gents wouldn't happen to know how to get infantry bots to enter "Aim mode" or "Iron Sights Mode" when engaging a target with their Rifles, would you? I was trying out the latest PR update the other day and noticed that BOTs would frequently raise their gun sights and go into 'aim mode' (gun raised to eye, walking slowly, etc.) and was curious what causes that. Currently in FH2 bots only seem to fire from the hip. Which isn't bad, just looks funny. Particularly with Kevs new 3rd person animations where players models carry their guns lower. It looks like an army of Rambos all running around shooting from the hip. If it's possible to have the bots at least occasionally aim down the sights when engaging a target I think it would add to the atmosphere.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 12-11-2010, 22:11:53 »
Not sure, but bots tend to use the g43 in ironsights @ times. Might want to take a look to figure out why

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 12-11-2010, 22:11:16 »
I think that has to do with Kev not having completely finished the animation sets for the g43. So in some circumstances the g43 reverts back to the pre2.3 3rd person animations, but the bots are still firing from the hip. I'll take a look at the PR AI files see what they did and play around a bit (now that I've finally found their AI files... they are quite well hidden).

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 12-11-2010, 22:11:23 »
Hey, You fine gents wouldn't happen to know how to get infantry bots to enter "Aim mode" or "Iron Sights Mode" when engaging a target with their Rifles, would you?

This may or may not work
open your desired weapons animation/1p file (repeat after for 3p)
drag the 1p_#####_zoom_fire.baf to desktop,
and rename to 1p_#####_fire.baf,(or whatever is listed as that weapon fire baf file)
then drag back into 1p folder
,replacing when prompted
(# representing weapon name in animation baf file)

basically making the zoomed fire animation,the fire animation

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 14-11-2010, 10:11:18 »
@devilman
Your fix, does it sort out why the lafettes were crashing the map or does it stop bots using them?

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 14-11-2010, 13:11:18 »
@devilman
Your fix, does it sort out why the lafettes were crashing the map or does it stop bots using them?

::) ::) ::)