Author Topic: Infantry weapons and their effect. A reel from WWII.  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
Re: Infantry weapons and their effect. A reel from WWII.
« Reply #15 on: 30-04-2009, 22:04:28 »
That was cool.  I'm sure some of the stuff is a little exaggerated (Rifle grenade taking out tank, etc).  I hope the things that are accurate will be depicted in Normandy.

Is the American .30 Cal rifle cartridge more powerful than the British .303 and the German 7.92?  Or I guess they said they were using special AP ammo, right?  Will get some of that in-game?  Maybe in special pickup kits?

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30-04-2009, 23:04:04 »
That was cool.  I'm sure some of the stuff is a little exaggerated (Rifle grenade taking out tank, etc).  I hope the things that are accurate will be depicted in Normandy.

Is the American .30 Cal rifle cartridge more powerful than the British .303 and the German 7.92?  Or I guess they said they were using special AP ammo, right?  Will get some of that in-game?  Maybe in special pickup kits?

Yea lol if you pay attention the hole supposedly made by the rifle AT grenade is the same size as the 37mm cannon, which is also the same as the hole made by the 57mm cannon!

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01-05-2009, 03:05:28 »

I've never heard of us actually bothering to issue the AP rounds for the garend.  The BAR DID get them, but in the pacific.  Also, its no more powerful then any of those rounds, but technically, the german is the largest.

Offline The Crimson Major

• I'm an Armchair General!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01-05-2009, 06:05:01 »
Cool video, Part 1 seemed very accurate, part 2 a little exaggerated.  great find!
sig.

Offline silian

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01-05-2009, 11:05:43 »
Despite the bits where they're shooting tanks (apart from the 105 HEAT) which don't look very convincing,

TBH considering the 105mm HEAT round was fired at a prototype M18 Hellcat, a vehicle not renowned for its armour protection, its performance is not very convincing either.

Offline Lupin

• View Profile
    • Lurkerchan
« Reply #20 on: 01-05-2009, 12:05:49 »
Despite the bits where they're shooting tanks (apart from the 105 HEAT) which don't look very convincing,

TBH considering the 105mm HEAT round was fired at a prototype M18 Hellcat, a vehicle not renowned for its armour protection, its performance is not very convincing either.

Yeah, and if you look carefully in the later bits of the second video you can see them taking out grants and similar allied tanks. ;D