Author Topic: Wacht am Rhein - FH2 Campaign - Teamwork | Brand New Maps | 100+ Player Battles  (Read 9441 times)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
As the map is now, there is just too much stuff that needs to be worked on or that isn't working the right way. Many many many floating objects, some of them can be abused for clitching (railways are the worst of them). You have to jump into buildings as they are just snapped to the ground, missing links between the flags, wich don't have a logical order or progression. and the performance doesn't seem to be good either.

As I said. The maps looks cool and immersive, but it is the hard truth that you can't play it as it stands now. I prefere to state the things as they are. Sorry for that. I might make a post in the FlH though with more detailed information if I find some time.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
-The map was awesome, but some as said some of the buildings are a bit.. strange.

-I also think the Germans should have had 100-150 more tickets.
The draw distance of this map is extremely close, so seeing the advancing Germans is so easy, but seeing the Americans while they are in prone position or in a foxhole is damn hard. The fog and the film grain makes them blend in so well. We [The Germans] were easy targets while advancing.

-We could get close and into the cap zones by using the scout class, but that damn ZF 41 scope is extremely ineffective and a pain in the ass to operate in close quarters. I would have preferred a regular k98 instead.

-The StuKa is also rendered useless because of the draw distance. I tried flying it in single player, but could not bomb effectively.

This is by all means not a bad map, the map is awesome! But some tuning would have been good. Yes, I want German bias!

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
Eh, turn film grain off then.

Offline Godall

• View Profile
    • FH server Rus

Приказ № 227 Ни шагу назад! (С)

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
Map is currently being fixed. We will play it again this Friday.  8)
- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile

This map will be played TODAY at 18hGMT

Liberation of Bastogne

"XLVII Panzer Corps commander Gen. von Lüttwitz decided to encircle Bastogne and strike from the south and southwest. The American soldiers were outnumbered approximately 5-1 and were lacking in cold-weather gear, ammunition, food, medical supplies, and senior leadership. By nightfall on the 21st December the conglomeration of airborne and armored infantry forces were recognized by both sides as being surrounded. However, the 101st. held its original positions and repulsed tank and infantry assaults that followed. Allied control of Bastogne was a major obstacle to the German armoured advance. When the 3rd. Army succeeded in punching through to Bastogne from Assensois, the men of the 101st expected to be relieved, but were given orders to resume the offensive... "

Map Modified by Papillon for ForgottenHonor

Special thanks to Neo82 for taking the screenshots.

Experience the exhilaration of victory and the soul-searching after a defeat, as you stand or fall together with your teammates.
Duty is calling you to battle, we are waiting for you!

Will you be there? Join now.
« Last Edit: 11-10-2013, 17:10:29 by RAnDOOm »

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile

Click to see the big picture

Map Modified by Papillon for ForgottenHonor
« Last Edit: 11-10-2013, 15:10:55 by RAnDOOm »

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
To clarify: We play a 5 flag layout with the original flags Marvie, Wardin and Magaret. New flags are "trainstation" in the map center and "bunkers" in the North West forest. Both teams have uncapturable mainbases.There is a second main base for Allies in the South-West for the artillery and the planes. Axis start defending the 5 flags, Allies attack.

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
New map has been released today.

I shall post more info in a couple of hours.

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile

This map will be played FRIDAY at 18hGMT

Operation Greif

"Waffen-SS commando Otto Skorzeny had become one of Hitler's favorites following the success of "Operation Panzerfaust" in which he had supervised the kidnapping of Miklós Horthy, Jr., the son of Hungary's Regent. Skorzeny was to form a special brigade - Panzer Brigade 150 - for a very special purpose: "I want you to command a group of American and British troops and get them across the Meuse and seize one of the bridges. Not, my dear Skorzeny, real Americans or British. I want you to create special units wearing American and British uniforms. They will travel in captured Allied tanks. Think of the confusion you could cause! I envisage a whole string of false orders which will upset communications and attack morale." —Hitler, The Black Angels, 1979"
Map created and donated by Ts4EVER, modified by Deek and Papillon for ForgottenHonor

Experience the exhilaration of victory and the soul-searching after a defeat, as you stand or fall together with your teammates.
Duty is calling you to battle, we are waiting for you!

Will you be there? Join now.
« Last Edit: 16-10-2013, 16:10:22 by RAnDOOm »

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile

Click to see the big picture

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Ah nice to see it finally get played.

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
Ah nice to see it finally get played.

Thank you for donating it. Now it can finally be played tonight.   8)

Below is a small video regarding Operation Greif . Very interesting to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo-f8Yxm9uY

"Hitlers Operation Greif - at the battle of the bulgeA special false flag operation commanded by Waffen-SS commando Otto Skorzeny during the Battle of the Bulge. The operation was the brainchild of Adolf Hitler, and its purpose was to capture one or more of the bridges over the Meuse river before they could be destroyed. German soldiers in captured US Army uniforms and using some US vehicles were to cause confusion in the rear of the Allied lines. A lack of vehicles, uniforms and equipment limited the operation and it never achieved its original aim of securing the Meuse bridges."
« Last Edit: 18-10-2013, 14:10:08 by RAnDOOm »

Offline Godall

• View Profile
    • FH server Rus

Приказ № 227 Ни шагу назад! (С)