Author Topic: Wacht am Rhein - FH2 Campaign - Teamwork | Brand New Maps | 100+ Player Battles  (Read 9488 times)

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
This week we play the first real battle: FHT Eppeldorf

Forgotten Honor
FH2 Campaign #14: Wacht am Rhein
FHT Eppeldorf
Battle #1

December 16th, 1944. Three miles from the German defensive line lay the small village of Eppeldorf. After an intense artillery barrage, the Volksgrenadiers of the 276th Division had captured the town, but a swift counterattack by American forces pushed them back to the easterly outskirts. Both sides mount an attack on the small hamlet..

Modified by Papillon for FHT

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile

This map will be played Today at 18hGMT

FH2 Campaign #14 - Wacht am Rhein 
Advance on Foy

"On the evening of 15 December, the 26th Volksgrenadier established an outpost line on the west bank of the Our. The Germans attacked swiftly, their advances made possible by sheer weight of numbers. Worried about the threat to its left flank in Bastogne, the German army organized a major combined arms attack to seize Noville. By the time the 1st Battalion pulled out of Noville on the 20th, it had lost 13 officers and 199 enlisted men, out of about 600 troops.."

Map created by Kummitus, finalized by Papillon for FHT

Click to see the big picture

Experience the exhilaration of victory and the soul-searching after a defeat, as you stand or fall together with your teammates.
Duty is calling you to battle, we are waiting for you!

Will you be there? Join now.
« Last Edit: 20-09-2013, 16:09:10 by RAnDOOm »

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
Some comments regarding Advance of Foy map that was played Friday night:

Best:
Good, balanced and NEW map! Good job Kummitus (and who ever might have helped you)!!!

Funniest:
I was hiding behind a willys jeep at 2nd line, a sherman was going crazy on the flag zone and shot an HE shell at the jeep. The jeep goes "boom" ofcourse but I just kinda fly slightly away without a scratch.

Funniest2:

"D-D-D-D-D-DUTCH KILL"

Best: 94 players.
Best: Burning 8 guys in 30 seconds. Wiped out Quicksilver's company. Laughing
Best: Killing Russians in APC, again.
Best: Intense fighting.

Funniest: Killing Hans on Noville. He was travelling with his Panzer 4 for 5 minutes, Viktor and I started annoying him. Finally took out his repairmen and while he was burning, I sent my last AT Grenade to his butt. Twisted Evil

Funniest: Killing 2 Axis with Willy jeep at the same time. Laughing

MHP: After a long time I write this down because 2 ppl really annoyed me. One is uber-haxor ikhoppa with his aim and the other one is topdogger who managed to kill me 6 times in a row. Evil or Very Mad

Best 1 : Victory !
Best 2 : 301 Performance on Farm !

Worst : Bing !! Bong !! Booooom !!! This is the sound of 2 AT Grenade hitting you and they you blowing up Evil or Very Mad

Funniest : Noville defence with during 5min killing something like more than 25 infantry trying to kill me by all the way possible !!! Was intense !!!

Most Hated Player : All player who killed me with Grenade Launcher Twisted Evil

Best: Bagged some nice long range kills
Best2: The level of teamwork in the 10th is getting better

Worst: TKs, Confused long wait time at back flags, but that's part of the game

Funniest: Having a nice little "duel" with a halftrack MG for a while, I think it was Bullitt
Funniest2: For some reason stumbling across the nice little weapons cache under the bridge

Best...
1)Coming 1st one round and not knowing how because I defended a flag and didn't drive a tank.
2)My squad doing so well as infantry! Got best squad at least twice.
3)Nicely balanced map.

Best: Intence fighting, man to man with limited armor. This is where skills and men are measuret

Worst: Allied saboteurs in our grenade factory. Threw numerous grenades in the factory area and most didin´t explode.... Damn traitors should be shot! Evil or Very Mad

Funniest 1: Listening Ensing_steels womans stories through the open mic.

Funniest 2: Randooms total explotion cause we kinda got lost in taunts and the exitement of Ensign showing up.
Very Happy

Best:good mood with our regiment again, Ensign_steel admitting he is drunk and Randoom admitting he doesn't need pussy anymore, only F|H Smile
close rounds, really good map again.
« Last Edit: 24-09-2013, 16:09:24 by RAnDOOm »

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile

This map will be played 27 September at 18hGMT

Battle of Stoumont

"The German spearhead had pushed north to engage the U.S. 99th Infantry Division and Kampfgruppe Peiper arrived in front of Stavelot Capitalizing on his success and not wanting to lose more time, Peiper rushed an advance group toward the vital bridge at Trois-Ponts. Peiper turned north and halted his forces in the woods between La Gleize and Stoumont. He learned that Stoumont was strongly held and that the Americans were bringing up strong reinforcements from Spa. At dawn on 19 December, Peiper surprised the American defenders of Stoumont by sending infantry from the 2nd SS Panzergrenadier Regiment in an attack and a company of Fallschirmjäger to infiltrate their lines. He followed this with a Panzer attack, gaining the eastern edge of the town... "
Map created by Kwiot with support of F|H Mapping Team.

Experience the exhilaration of victory and the soul-searching after a defeat, as you stand or fall together with your teammates.
Duty is calling you to battle, we are waiting for you!

Will you be there? Join now.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
To me one of the most atmospheric and best looking custom maps I played. We will see how it plays in the actual battle tomorrow, but I think we'll have great fun ;)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
The screenshots give a great feel 8) I'd love to see some video or dl this map, very nice.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
Stoumont looks Terrific!  :o
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile

Click to see the big picture

Map created by Kwiot with support of F|H Mapping Team.
« Last Edit: 27-09-2013, 11:09:17 by RAnDOOm »

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile

Special thanks to Neo82 for taking the screenshots.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
that's an amazing looking map! good work!

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
that's an amazing looking map! good work!

Yes it is. And with almost 100players tonight it will be even more amazing.   8)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
One of the best looking custom maps I've seen thus far.

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
indeed, looks good. but i will see a minimap. ^^

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
But the gameplay fails ...

but the athmosphere is good though.  :-\

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
Gameplay is nothing there can't be worked on. I don't want to start a discussion about that stuff here, but it was not that bad. Some adjustments and the map is fine.