Author Topic: Your epic fail in FH1/FH2!  (Read 18624 times)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
Re: Your epic fail in FH1/FH2!
« Reply #75 on: 06-03-2012, 13:03:00 »
Oh well. I made my brother rage quit, he was really mad  ;D

Round of cobra had just started and I was driving Pz4. My brother was flying FW190. I saw enemy plane and thought I'd try to shoot it down with my main gun. I took carefull aim, shot and missed. Unfortunately my brother was flying somewhere beyond fog, behind the enemy plane and my shot hit him. He didn't believe it was accident and he also didn't believe it really was enemy plane I was shooting at, he was certain that I was aiming him.  ::)

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 06-03-2012, 15:03:41 »
When i hit unaware Cromwell twice, at point blank range, in the back with Pzg 40 with no damage done, and then got shot out from Marder by random rifleman.
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 17-03-2012, 18:03:53 »
Thursday night on WaW. Alam Halfa 32. My brain was conveyed to the very brink of orgasm knowing how much fun I had last time I grabbed the only 6-pounder that's actually mobile at the Brit main (irritatingly it is also by a wide margin the farthest 6-pounder on the map away from the German lines, but whatever).

Spend five minutes rolling it along the south of the map. Shot by sniper. Spawn fast and drive back to it, turn it to face the direction the shot came from, then get out and hide behind the shield. Ten minutes of this and endlessly requesting a teammate in a tank just take two fucking seconds to look around my position and maybe nail the guy with the K98 ZF and I get killed by him again. 6-pounder blows up.

I keep an eye on the kill messages and sure enough, someone gets him thirty seconds after he killed me. Fine, that's cool, these things happen. I grab the arty kit as I usually do when cruisin' for bitches in my anti-tank gun and try one more time to drive it to where I want it to go. I now have 25 minutes of time invested into getting one little a/t gun to where I want it to go, but it will be worth it once I get it there. Last time I was on the map I did this (with no sniper interference) and killed something like 11 German tanks in 6 minutes.

Haven't driven the 6-pounder more than fifty feet outside our flag when a Panzer IV comes over a hill in the distance. The turret was turned sideways but it was driving straight at me. Fired - round didn't penetrate. Fired again - round didn't penetrate. Aimed for the turret specifically this time - round penetrates (got hit indicators). Fire again - hit indicators a second time, but the tank is still driving. Then he stops, turns to me, and kills me, in the space of about two seconds. At this point, I was starting to get a little frustrated.

I thought I'd give it one more try - spawned, grabbed the arty kit, got the 6-pounder. Took the longest possible route I could to avoid any sneaky backcappers, hugged the out-of-bounds line going south and then stuck to the edge of the minefield going west. Up over one hill, back down the other side, and I hear an MG34 clatter close by. Like 30 feet away. Then I hear two tank guns go off nearly simultaneously, and a third shortly after but a little further away. The time has come for action. I shift into 1st gear and roll over the hill and my eyes light up - a long-barrel Panzer IV, and three Panzer IIIs. All four tanks have their sides completely pointing at me, begging to be hit. All four turrets are pointed away from me, and none of the four tanks are driving. All four tanks are sitting there, still as death, plainly visible and all four are completely unaware that I'm there. I swing the 6-pounder to the Panzer III at the back of the pack and fire. Nothing happens. Then the tanks all jump about 10 feet to my right, but they're sitting still again. I re-aim, this time for the Panzer IV. I fire, and..

THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR CONNECTION.

Your connection to the server has been lost.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Biiviz

« Reply #78 on: 18-03-2012, 23:03:41 »
I believe Andrew's story is the actual reason people go on killing sprees in real life.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 21-03-2012, 04:03:25 »
You surely have a lot of patience sir!

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 14-05-2012, 13:05:19 »
Here's my disgrace to revive the topic:
Yesterday, HSLAN, Villers Bocage. Sitting in mortar, I somehow confused up with down, closer with further. Two blind shots out of spot and I had -20 score and "Mortar cease fire" in the chat (perhaps, there was something less polite in the chat, but I was busy with swearing).

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 14-05-2012, 15:05:14 »
no im perfect  ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 14-05-2012, 16:05:49 »
On Luttich in the M10 Wolverine. Last round I destroyed 3 Panzer IVs.. and 2 giant rocks that looked like Panzer IVs.

Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 14-05-2012, 18:05:44 »
I got shot today, because I dashed out of cover and missed some fellow at near point blank range, and I don't think I can forgive myself for a few hours. How the hell can anyone miss with an entire SMG magazine at point blank range? Just give me awhile to try and figure this one out...

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 04-06-2012, 20:06:03 »
On the AA on El Alamein. enemy plane making a ground dive aiming its guns at me. We both start shooting eachother. I shoot it and it explodes but the wreck of the plane is still heading to me it hits me and explodes. I die.   ::)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 04-06-2012, 22:06:59 »
At least it was an enemy plane  :P

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 05-06-2012, 00:06:14 »
Yeah, that doesn't sound too bad and you killed an enemy plane. What's the problem? Better than me on Olympus a little while back, shooting a friendly Spitfire out of the air with the 2-pounder on my Matilda a few seconds after he'd shot down the Stuka. To be fair he was strafing me for no apparent reason, I looked up and reacted by a lucky shot firing him out of the air, but still.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 05-06-2012, 17:06:47 »
still, did I die? Yes.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 05-06-2012, 21:06:30 »
still, did I die? Yes.
Still, was it epic? No  ;)

Offline Gunnerz

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 07-06-2012, 19:06:52 »
Killing my own squad with a granade, while im the SL.
:D