Author Topic: To all the buisy Devs and Helpers  (Read 926 times)

Offline Knochenlutscher

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
To all the buisy Devs and Helpers
« on: 13-05-2022, 15:05:33 »
Dear FH2 Crew, subordinates

I know you're on Discord and this is a dead Forum, first I hate Discord, you
won't find me there. I tried it and was disgusted by the Design, handling, GUI.

Whatever, I followed the idea settling and work in progress of the French Faction.
I'm impressed how much effort, patience you all had and that the idea was taken up.
That alone in the event of that being released is a tremendous effort for all ever involved.
Thank you for not giving it up, but pressing passion to this Game and the Mod you created.

Best wishes
Tobias

« Last Edit: 13-05-2022, 16:05:06 by Knochenlutscher »
"Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle."

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: To all the buisy Devs and Helpers
« Reply #1 on: 13-05-2022, 18:05:03 »
Thanks!

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-05-2022, 20:05:23 »
Just wanted to join in with this. I have played FH2 occasionally over the last few years, having been a big fan about a decade ago (and playing FH 0.7 back in the day).

The new update is a work of art. The French kit is incredible (and makes me a bit emotional, given FH1's very very original intention was to be a BF1942 mod about early war 'forgotten hopes' in WWII, but it never did that apart from Fall Weiss and Eastern Blitz). The new GUI takes a game from 2005 credibly into the 2020s. As a 21:9 monitor user, I also love that it fixes all my problems with the old GUI.

Well done, and thank you. A fantastic update to one of the greatest mods of all time.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline Johannes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-05-2022, 02:05:45 »
The new update is a work of art. The French kit is incredible (and makes me a bit emotional, given FH1's very very original intention was to be a BF1942 mod about early war 'forgotten hopes' in WWII, but it never did that apart from Fall Weiss and Eastern Blitz).

Yep. I hadn't played in about a decade, but the French release has got me on the Forgotten Hope train again. Great care was taken with the presentation of the French uniforms and weapons, which are quite a cut above other recent portrayals like Post Scriptum. More generally, I've been very impressed with all the things I've seen in 2.6 so far. The devs have managed to conjure some real magic out of the old BF2 engine.

I guess everyone's on Discord now, so I go by novauviolon there.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-05-2022, 14:05:05 »
Thank you guys!

I know discord might not be as simple to use as these forums once were, but that's where you're gonna get all the news goodies first. Idk how much longer we're going to be using this forum.

So...

Offline Knochenlutscher

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-05-2022, 00:05:29 »
After recieving your nice Message I reactivated my Account  and ended up again with the problem why I hate this crap grumpy proggy.
I had 2 accounts. One live and a second lying dead, with no use and access.

Deleted those 2 Accounts again and forever.

It's my precious time dealing with such stupid registration querries.
Really, I'm a Modder/Skinner on SAS1946 and Mission4Today, not used to such crap.
I have lots of Skins and Projects on my back,
literally no time for chit chatting in a trendy Social Network thingy.

Best wishes
Tobias
« Last Edit: 17-05-2022, 01:05:38 by Knochenlutscher »
"Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle."