Author Topic: Times in FH1/2 you felt 'proud', or perhaps simply awesome.  (Read 52773 times)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
Re: Times in FH1/2 you felt 'proud', or perhaps simply awesome.
« Reply #105 on: 11-01-2010, 09:01:45 »
My best effort was a round on Goodwood about a week ago on WOLF or WaW (don't recall which one).

Spent most of the round in a tank hanging around in the area near Le Mes picking off tanks and infantry while almost all my teammates were fighting it out in Cagny.

Came first on my team and 4th overall out of about two dozen.

Not bad considering my ridiculous lag (350 av.)... ;D

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 11-01-2010, 09:01:29 »
When I shot down an enemy IL-2 on the storm,FH, with a pak 40 and got a teamkill because the wreck fell down on some poor guy :D

My "awesome" moment in FH2 was on Saturday when I played Mount Olympus for the first time and was first in the round with a score 116  8)

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 11-01-2010, 11:01:40 »
Sinking an enemy battleship with my destroyer...torpedoes. Was epic lol.

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 11-01-2010, 12:01:34 »
Sinking an enemy battleship with my destroyer...torpedoes. Was epic lol.
Some captain in the pacific theatre actualy did that! It was IIRC in the battle of the Leyte gulf or something like that.The whole fleet was retreating and he started charging on the enemy fleet and some other vessels started attacking too.In the end they defeated the Japaneese but that destroyer and its captain were lost...

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline Vergeltungswaffe

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 11-01-2010, 13:01:58 »
I just had my best moment ever two days ago on Anctoville!

I killed a Cromwell that was staying behind a small stonewall with my Panzerfaust 30 over about 100 meters.
It was really so lucky, since I had to aim really high ;D

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #110 on: 11-01-2010, 13:01:52 »
Yesterday on hslan, Operation Totalize.

Came in from FlaK battery going south towards the Artillery Battery over the river with me Cromwell. Just when I got over the river I turned left and went down the river in cover of the hill. Meet a Jerry with a Panzerfaust, he picks it up and is just about to fire. Thanks to the speed of the Cromwell I gain some kind of superboost when I turned the Cromwell towards him and stepped on it. The Cromwell almost flew over him and he was crushed. Looked kinda weird but also... AWESOME.

What we have learned from this? Cromwell - Too fast for love

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 11-01-2010, 13:01:21 »
during like the second week after the release of 2.0

It was an Siege of Tobruk, I was a german.
from the mainbase, I went up the ridge overlooking the battlefield.
Far down, I saw a Universal Carrier driving aimlessly around. It was very far away, when aiming with ironsights of my K98 I could pretty much only see a big square, couldn't tell what were heads etc.
While it was moving at top speed, I just aimed and fired - not intending to kill anyone, impossible i thought - and I killed a brit, and the Universal Carrier is brought to a halt.
I felt proud
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Sagal

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 11-01-2010, 14:01:15 »
There's been two really times in FH2

First I was driving panzer 3 N model in one desert map and enemy had squad behind our lines so I noticed them and started to chase em but they went behind sand hill or something similar. Then I drove over that hill and they were gettin mines ready to use and aiming with AT rifles so I kinda panicked and shot once with HE but it went way over them as I couldn't lower my gun enough. So as last ditch effor I pressed pedal to the metal and drove over 3 of them and managed to survive and then turn around at safe distance and pick them with MG.

Second happened to so long ago I was in squad which was teamplay style. I rushed to church and told SQL that I'm up here giving cover at the flag so other's can capture it (the map where british have lofs of tanks at beginnin while Germans only have Stug but get Pz4 and Tiger later). Our SQL got mad at me as I wasn't capturing the flag so after he yelled at me I was like fuck this and rushed to flag and capped it myself while killing 4 germans with captured Mp40. It was just like from American ww2 movie where one guy kills everybody and wins battle though I usually play as German
I only drink beer to make room for few more in the fridge

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 11-01-2010, 15:01:35 »
On Liebsey, I believe I was in Rawhide's squad, our section and a couple others came up on the trenches of East AT. After a charge that resulted in most of us dying, we respawned and threw smoke.  A Sherman advanced point, deuling it out with the PaK as we went charging.  With the help of the smoke, the PaK was taken out, and the majority of the infantry made it into the trench.  I bayoneted the mg gunner, and the others took out the other Germans in hand-to-hand.  It was awesome, closest I've felt to being in a real battle in FH ever.  And this is public!

That was our squad! I was there too.  ;D
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #114 on: 12-01-2010, 01:01:38 »
On Liebsey, I believe I was in Rawhide's squad, our section and a couple others came up on the trenches of East AT. After a charge that resulted in most of us dying, we respawned and threw smoke.  A Sherman advanced point, deuling it out with the PaK as we went charging.  With the help of the smoke, the PaK was taken out, and the majority of the infantry made it into the trench.  I bayoneted the mg gunner, and the others took out the other Germans in hand-to-hand.  It was awesome, closest I've felt to being in a real battle in FH ever.  And this is public!

That was our squad! I was there too.  ;D

Ah yes, that moment was so cinematic!

Felt like it was smoke all over the whole damn field around East AT pos.

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 12-01-2010, 01:01:13 »
Today I was playing Bocage with my new clanmates. I was at the top flag ambushing armour. I didn't take anything out, but infantry did flood the town! It was like Saving Private Ryan only with superior allied numbers. There's an odly shaped fence on the northside of the road leading through the town and I decided to sneakily take a shot at the advancing British infantry. Unaware of my position, with four of them approaching, one by one I took them out and I expected to get killed after my first hit, I guess the fence served as excellent camo, especially considering they were right in front of me.

Later that match.. behind my almighy PAK40, took out a Sherman. Then another M10. Infantry right ahead of me just 10 metres away, luckily they allowed me to switch to HE in time and I whooped both their asses. Another Sherman passes and goes skyhigh, right before I get naded off of my seat.

Another time at Mount Olympus, me in my Panzer III - what a beauty - I decided to edge on the map and set up yet another solo ambush. I came right in time, whilst thrusting towards the western flag just behind the hill, turned my turret left and saw one of them puney Mark VI's. I hit it right in the ass. Right after there was another Mark VI on the road, one shot one kill. I turned my turret further around to the back to be sure, and another prey, a Mark VI was turning his turret still wondering where that fireworks came from, and unfortunately he didn't live to tell. A few minutes after I knew they would come looking for me so I positioned my Panzer III further behind the hill in a large hole and indeed, one Mark VI toasted. I decided to take up position on top of the hill for approaching tanks, and after a few minutes of waiting another heap of scrap metal was instantly produced a few hundred metres in front of me. Took out five Mark VI's in less than 15 minutes :D

And then there are those beautiful moments of joy on Operation Luttich. Ambushing those unsuspecting Sherman's with my Schreck is just so pleasing. The last thing they hear is the one second sizzling sound before they are brought back to their spawn screen. The Schreck is so powerful in many ways, excellent range, superb firepower, and it just looks damn sexy. As infantry you can hide and ambush armour in complete silence. Instead of listening to a roaring engine I listen to the birds whistling and take up on the smell of freshly blown armour.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #116 on: 12-01-2010, 02:01:19 »
Best moment today from my hslan session...

- Waiting in Tilly for the Allies to pop in with my Panzerfaust. Reminded me very much of Saving Private Ryan. We where down to a total of four men in the beginning of the round when the Allies started pounding the flag.

We fought back but lost the flag, after our counter-attack the flag was back in our hands until that bloody Firefly came and started dealing out HE shells.

EDIT: And ye, I love Lebisey for many things. But I'm getting to wonder if not the biggest reason is the British main-base. Why? Two fixed mortars and a pick-up mortar kit as well!

Having two friends next to you and a ammo truck right beside you is awesome.

We shelled some spots on Lebisey so hard the Germans fell back to their main-base and started defending it, the crossroad in D6 was one big crater thanks to our mortar sessions.

To all you who gave us GOOD spots, thank you. To you who spotted that same spot (the road with a bump in it which as well was out of reach for our mortars) please send me an PM with your BF2-nick and password, I will give you a special medal.
« Last Edit: 12-01-2010, 03:01:07 by Rawhide »

Offline CrossedSwordz

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 12-01-2010, 16:01:00 »
on aberdeen swooping over the sands with my hurricane MKd, and picking of panzers with its dual mounted AT guns, steel feels good taking them down from the sides :)

and calling in arty with ur binocs and then a smashing barrage comes in clearin all the enemys so you can move in easely... i love the sound of 25pounder HE shells in the morning

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 12-01-2010, 16:01:49 »
there are a few things that usually make me feel like im awesome:

1st killing tanks in long(-est possible) ranges while moving(the enemy tank or me)
2nd knifing 6-8+ guys in a row
3rd being fired upon and surviving only to end up in an enemy massacre (on foot or in tank)
4th this only happened once.Killed an enemy pilot in his plane with mah rifle.That made me so much lol and even more proud.

there are also other things ... like being usefull to my team.

Offline Phoenixo_Idaho

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 12-01-2010, 17:01:15 »
My last exploit was last week during a round of Op Supercharge

i took a sherman, i'm actually an arty man, and i stopped a german counter-offensive on the city, in dunes. 5-6 Pz III or IV down. I couldn't trust what i was seeing. ! :o
But it was short, all tanks, me included, had been raped by a pak 40  :(
"WAR is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C" :D