Author Topic: The Great Thread of Players We Recommend Playing FH2 With  (Read 5575 times)

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod

Out there in our wide community of players there are several players who are really good at this game. Out there are also a bunch of players who are extremely good at this game. Then there's also people like me who is alright but we can be better.

But in every category of players there's always that guy that's really good to play with, the one that's really doing it for the team or squad and is really fun to play with. 

In this thread we share those names, the ones we have played with several times, the ones we maybe just played with one round on Lebisey late one night when we were a bit drunk or the ones we are still playing with every now and then.

What we share in this thread is the following...

- The in-game name of the player (Not his IRC nickname or his real name or etc.)

- Class/Role (Pilot, Tanker, Rifleman, Squad Leader, Commander etc.)

- Map and Faction (Map name and Allies or Axis)

- What did that player do that makes you recommend playing with him?

And some additional rules

1) No negative shit
2) No recommending yourself (THeTA0123, I'm watching you)

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
Re: The Great Thread of Players We Recommend Playing FH2 With
« Reply #1 on: 20-01-2012, 02:01:02 »
Nickname Rastam0n

Class/Role Squad Leader

Map/Faction Lebisey, Allies

Actions Aggressive Squad Leader who prefers attack, attack and more attack before defending which is a style I really like. Good and clear leadership, used VOIP as much as possible as well. Was great fun playing with him and also the rest of the squad. Even though it was just about 11 vs 11 on Lebisey that moment

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-01-2012, 14:01:59 »
Nickname: Spindrifter

Role: quiet equal, very good SL I think

Map/Faction: also not important. Had some good matches on Villers and Cobra, but we also team up on other maps in one squad

What makes this guy so special? He is very teamplay orientated and I like his sense for commincation. He uses alot of VOIP. Can't remember, when I didn't hear him over VOIP, while he was in the same squad like me. A bit like Sgt.Steiner-I.Cross but not so enthusiastic and chaotic  ;D
He is also good at defending not only attacking. That makes a good SL - to know when to defend and when to attack.

Very good topic btw - maybe this helps new players to look for the rigth guys on the server.
« Last Edit: 20-01-2012, 14:01:44 by 5hitm4k3r »

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-01-2012, 15:01:38 »
Nickname: IrishReloaded

Role: Squadleader [Irishforce]

Map/Faction: I would say any faction but the funniest is: German side on "Pointe du Hoc" --> Party Bunker

Actions: Always VOIP, Always teamwork in the squad, Stays alive so the team can spawn, Gives proper orders. The best teamworking moments i had in FH2 were in Irishforce.
The party bunker was the most funny action of the firesquad. We had everybody guarding the entrance and only in the last 5 minutes the Americans managed to cap the bunker (with 50 or so tickets). Irish stayed back and we could spawn again and again. Meanwhile we were making jokes via VOIP - also special thanks to Hetzenhauer.  :P
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-01-2012, 17:01:36 »
Very good topic btw - maybe this helps new players to look for the rigth guys on the server.
I know what you mean there, but it still sounds a bit tricky... "the right guy" will always be subjective, you know ;)

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #5 on: 20-01-2012, 21:01:58 »
Nice posts!

Keep them coming!

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-01-2012, 23:01:01 »
Nickname: Djinn

Role: Squadleader

Map/Faction: British, Sidi Rezegh

Actions: Always uses VOIP, sets reasonable goals and goes to great lengths to achieve them, tries to keep a good balance of weapons in the squad and pays attention to his squad members and their suggestions.  And he's from Ghana, which is cool!

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21-01-2012, 01:01:34 »
I know what you mean there, but it still sounds a bit tricky... "the right guy" will always be subjective, you know ;)

Yeah, I don't want to fool all the other dedicated players who enjoy the game or make them bad, but it was more a hint to look out for some guys who can make the first gameplay experiences even better with some support and teamwork. I was also very excited when I had my first matches connected with awesome teamplay like in Irishforce. It shows the full potential of this mod. Nowadays I don't want to miss playing via TS with my fellow mates or via VOIP with some random dudes :D And with players, who can motivate you/or you them - it is just pure fun.

Offline Watchtower1001

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21-01-2012, 02:01:23 »
Would love to recommend finding the following players to squad up with (in random order):
I'm sure the spelling will be off here and there so sorry.

These are the people I see (almost daily) being good players and workin as a team with minimal grief to others.  I'm sure there are more out there but these guys stand out.  See ya in game!

Gotkai
Sgt. Steiner Cross
<x4fun> Odium
GarandMonster
WAW_Spindrifter
Kev4000
F.E. Gloeckner
Horstpetersons
!@! Srykrys
Paythoss
in_ur_base
Fair_Player[PL]
Kwiot
Clavish
Konigstiger93
Matt_Baker
Phillipcomme
F4lloutboy

And most people with the F|H & WaW tags :)

"762 Admin"
"Watchtower's Fh2 2.45 Sound Conversion - http://tinyurl.com/WatchySoundMod"

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21-01-2012, 17:01:21 »
Nickname Watchtower1001

Class/Role Squad Leader

Map/Faction All maps/allies

Actions Always used VOIP with me and the squad, knows the maps very well. Good at giving orders, can do infiltration, cautious.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #10 on: 21-01-2012, 18:01:49 »
- The in-game name of the player: [DLF]DazLayer

- Class/Role: Leader not necessarily sqL. Clanleader via skype

- Map and Faction: Map dosnt matter but lets say Tobruk city map, german mostly

- What did that player do that makes you recommend playing with him? He's one of fh's best players no matter what class, tank, ect. When you play with him you get high score, have a good time and he lets you know that you suck ;) joke, (or not :P )

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21-01-2012, 18:01:20 »
- The in-game name of the players: The players that join Irishforce and have a good time with me while fighting hard to destroy the enemy forces. But I like to mention some players directly here:
Hugo Stiglitz, who became a real life friend during playing FH. and cause he always freaks out when getting killed in the game, ;)
Hetzenhauer, cause we have never have the intention to build the mauer. ! Niemand hat die Absicht eine Mauer zu errichten!
Slayer and Nissi for something they know ;:)
purepervision, cause he plays good and I like to chat with him, and all the others
Harmonikaner, Butcher, Radetzky, and pedrogrief, cause I always read pedogreif ! and to the others which  names do not show up in my mind atm cause its full with uni stuff

- Class/Role : Squadmembers and teamplayers

- Map and Faction: all, cause teamwork is important on all maps to win them

- What did that player do that makes you recommend playing with him?
Teamwork, joking, having fun, using voip!

Cheers to all regular members of my squad ! thank you all for giving me and us such a great time  !
« Last Edit: 21-01-2012, 18:01:24 by IrishReloaded »

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21-01-2012, 19:01:20 »
Name: ftk

Class/Role: Pilot

Map/faction: any

He is one guy that would respond to airstrike requests as well as an awesome ground-attack pilot.

Name: IrishReloaded

Class/Role: SL

Map/Faction: Any

I don't have voip but I love being his squad-member, even if it is simply to die together or act as meatshield.

Name: Kurt_Steiner

Class/Role: SL

Map/Faction: any

He is great and deserve my most loyal service. He is always able to make my death a worthy event.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21-01-2012, 20:01:19 »
Hey Irish! His name is Harmonikater not Harmonikaner, you always mention his name wrong. Always ... be it in VOIP or here. :D

It´s a pun - Harmonika and Kater, at least i think that´s the intention behind his nick.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #14 on: 22-01-2012, 01:01:18 »
Nickname Watchtower1001

Class/Role Squad Leader

Map/Faction All maps/allies

Actions Always used VOIP with me and the squad, knows the maps very well. Good at giving orders, can do infiltration, cautious

I can agree on that, great player to have in a squad.